SIAP Kirk to team at half

You are totally ignorant about football. Iowa was much faster than other B1G teams during the Orange Bowl seasons. Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark weren't fast at their positions? What a joke on your part. There were some NFL linemen that played then. You don't get to the NFL by being slow at your position.

Brad Banks was fast enough to actually play professional football.

You are totally ignorant about football. Iowa was much faster than other B1G teams during the Orange Bowl seasons. Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark weren't fast at their positions? What a joke on your part. There were some NFL linemen that played then. You don't get to the NFL by being slow at your position.Brad Banks was fast enough to actually play professional football.
LOL, our offensive linemen were fast? Seriously? The problem with this team is that the OL is slow? How F'N stupid are you? Brad Banks played for like half a season in the Arena League. Bob Sanders was not known for his speed, in fact he was one of the worst pass defenders in both the Big Ten and the NFL. He was a great player because he would take your head off, not because he was particularly fast. I'll give you Clark, but that's it. Iowa has consistently had the slowest receivers in football. Ed Hinkel? Ramon Ochoa? Why do you think none of our skill players EVER make it in Pro Ball? McNutt is so slow he can't even make a regular roster. Nobody gives a sh^t how fast an offensive linemen can run the 40 yard dash.I am seriously doubting at this point whether you've actually ever seen a football game before. I think there's one on tomorrow night, so you might be able to get your feet wet.

What the hell game were you watching? They continued to play just as awful in the 2nd as they did in the 1st. Purdue got friendly and gifted us a 2nd fumble inside their own 30, which Hyde got lucky on for another TD. Then they tried their best to do it a THIRD time, but the refs wouldn't let them get away with. In between our offense continued to suck and the defense continue to get carved up by their backup QB without an ACL.How in the world anyone could consider that an improved performance is just baffling.

I gotta disagree with you here. I think the team responded after half. It sure doesn't show in the win column or on the stats sheet, but hey we're playing harder. Offensively they started to put it together better. Defensively, they were hitting hard, and playing aggressively. In the first half, they were getting plowed over... 2nd half, plowing.

LOL, our offensive linemen were fast? Seriously? The problem with this team is that the OL is slow? How F'N stupid are you? Brad Banks played for like half a season in the Arena League. Bob Sanders was not known for his speed, in fact he was one of the worst pass defenders in both the Big Ten and the NFL. He was a great player because he would take your head off, not because he was particularly fast. I'll give you Clark, but that's it. Iowa has consistently had the slowest receivers in football. Ed Hinkel? Ramon Ochoa? Why do you think none of our skill players EVER make it in Pro Ball? McNutt is so slow he can't even make a regular roster. Nobody gives a sh^t how fast an offensive linemen can run the 40 yard dash.I am seriously doubting at this point whether you've actually ever seen a football game before. I think there's one on tomorrow night, so you might be able to get your feet wet.

Bob Sanders was the fastest guy on that Iowa squad. He was blazing fast AND would take your head off. He was bad in past coverage because he had no wiggle in the hips. Brad Banks was second in the Heisman. Spievey is slow? Fletcher is slow? Hyde is slow? Godfrey is slow? And NFL scouts absolutely care how fast an NFL OL is.

I'll give you that Iowa hasn't had the best speed at the WR position. But your tone and attitude sucks, brother.

Bob Sanders was the fastest guy on that Iowa squad. He was blazing fast AND would take your head off. He was bad in past coverage because he had no wiggle in the hips. Brad Banks was second in the Heisman. Spievey is slow? Fletcher is slow? Hyde is slow? Godfrey is slow? And NFL scouts absolutely care how fast an NFL OL is. I'll give you that Iowa hasn't had the best speed at the WR position. But your tone and attitude sucks, brother.
And your knowledge of the game of football sucks. Do you think the 5 fastest OL in each conference were in the Pro Bowl last year, or the ones that blocked the best? All of the Iowa corners that you mentioned got moved to safety in the league. Why? Because they're SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW. Brad Banks was a complete failure in pro football and extremely overrated in college. He was successful because he was surrounded by elite linemen on both sides of the ball. Sanders was fast for Iowa but far from an elite athlete, hence why he had absolute zero recruiting attention from any major conference teams other than Iowa.In short, you're an idiot.

And your knowledge of the game of football sucks. Do you think the 5 fastest OL in each conference were in the Pro Bowl last year, or the ones that blocked the best? All of the Iowa corners that you mentioned got moved to safety in the league. Why? Because they're SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW. Brad Banks was a complete failure in pro football and extremely overrated in college. He was successful because he was surrounded by elite linemen on both sides of the ball. Sanders was fast for Iowa but far from an elite athlete, hence why he had absolute zero recruiting attention from any major conference teams other than Iowa.In short, you're an idiot.

I don't know if you're a troll or an idiot still trying to decide. Bob Sanders not fast? Not an elite althlete? Lay off the crack pipe kid. 4.4 speed and a 41 inch vertical isn't considered an elite athlete? Tell me what exactly is you're idea of an elite athlete? One of the main factors for his lack of recruiting was his height, not many 5'8 players around in college or the NFL.

You're Brad Banks comment's also left me scratching my head. So he didn't make it as pro he was clearly over rated as a college QB. How many heisman winning QB's haven't made into the NFL that lead there teams to titles? Vince Young and Ken Dorsey come to my mind terrible NFL QB's but if I could have either of them every year as a college player I"d take them in a heart beat (not comparing Brad to them). Now back to Brad he absolutely made some amazing plays, I'm sorry you don't get voted 2nd in the heismen by getting carried by you're team, YOU MAKE PLAYS!! Which he did at Iowa. Maybe you're to young to remember the 2002 season and how well he played.

Ok but really, How many people have their total number of posts in this thread? Cant we all just get along? Stop trolling, stop trolling your self ( I hear you will go blind doing that).
Back to the op. I have NEVER seen a Iowa team that needs a "talking to" more than this one. You wanna go play for ______ then do it, You want to play for Iowa, then do it. Man up or chick out, make up your mind.

First Reno, pay attention to the post. We are ridiculously slow on the line this year. And yes they do time linemen and it makes a huge difference. Granted many of our skill players have been slow, but watch the trenches and linebackers this year. They are noticeably slower than in the past.

You expose your ignorance with the Banks comments. Simple google search. Spelled GOOGLE..... Sanders wouldn't have been in the NFL is he was slow.

First, take a deep breath or a pill.

Second, Iowa actually has had some fast playmakers in the past, and they made a BIG difference. Sanders was actually really fast. CJ Jones was a fast playmaker. Fast Freddy Russell. Brad Banks. Spievey and Godfrey...also fast. We may not have had great overall team speed in the past, but we've had some fast players who made the big plays. For a big white dude, Greenway was/is fast. Still getting it done in the NFL.

Um, Bob Sanders ran in the high 4.3s and low 4.4s at combines and pro days. That is NOT slow. At all.

Hinkel ran in 4.5s. Lots of NFL Wrs making good money who ran/run in that range.

Speed, per se, is not our problem. Never has been.

Our problems in 2005 and 2010, though people still want to ignore in hindsight, were depth and injuries. Unfortunately, depth and exprience, coupled with injuries, are hitting us again this year.

2002? VERY few injuries. The one year where injuries decimated a single position (RB in 2004), our staff did a masterful job of adapting. But we had the personnel to do it. This year? Not so much.

First, take a deep breath or a pill.

Second, Iowa actually has had some fast playmakers in the past, and they made a BIG difference. Sanders was actually really fast. CJ Jones was a fast playmaker. Fast Freddy Russell. Brad Banks. Spievey and Godfrey...also fast. We may not have had great overall team speed in the past, but we've had some fast players who made the big plays. For a big white dude, Greenway was/is fast. Still getting it done in the NFL.

Yep, Gonzalez (OSU receiver) said in 2005 that Greenway was as fast as any DB that ever covered him.

Um, Bob Sanders ran in the high 4.3s and low 4.4s at combines and pro days. That is NOT slow. At all.

Hinkel ran in 4.5s. Lots of NFL Wrs making good money who ran/run in that range.

Our problems in 2005 and 2010, though people still want to ignore in hindsight, were depth and injuries. Unfortunately, depth and exprience, coupled with injuries, are hitting us again this year.

2002? VERY few injuries. The one year where injuries decimated a single position (RB in 2004), our staff did a masterful job of adapting. But we had the personnel to do it. This year? Not so much.

Bob, what was your best 40 time, back in the day?

You can have all the speed in the world, but when defenders are sitting on routes because Iowa is so damn easy to prepare for, it doesnt matter.

Never has been? Iowa is usually a pretty slow team, particularly on offense.

Iowa has had very few guys in the KF era that would be considered fast for their positions. Outside of Hyde, Canzari, and possibly Bullock nobody on the 2011 or 2012 teams had even above average speed for their position.

I've heard that hawkeyegamefilm guy say Smith is fast. Hopefully he's right.

Latest posts