SIAP Kirk to team at half

So did they all leave them? It didn't accomplish jack sh^t. So has he just completely lost the team, or they really just don't care anymore?

Or the other option. They care and just suck.
So why the hell did he bother wasting time calling them out? Is he too out of touch with the program to know how terrible they are? Why call out a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds that just aren't very good? What's the point in that?

So why the hell did he bother wasting time calling them out? Is he too out of touch with the program to know how terrible they are? Why call out a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds that just aren't very good? What's the point in that?

Because football coaches say stuff like that all the time.

he's freaking out because a bunch of meatheads are putting his cash cow in peril?

I am really not sure why on earth Ferentz was mad at this point. What did he expect? He had basically has shown ZERO LEADERSHIP to his players in the past couple of years.

What does he show in terms of leadership? He is so 'risk' averse he thinks his players are not capable of executing a QB sneak for 3 inches with the game on the line against a defense that yielded 564 yards rushing to Wisconsin in a season going no-where. He picks favorites in terms of some starters and plays them regardless of the number of mistakes they make game-in, game-out (no accountability). He continues to hang onto assistants that have proven over the long run that they are not capable of 'cleaning' up the issues that are obvious game after game and year after year.

Coach is soft and lacks emotional interest in results. Does not hold himself and the others who work for him accountable. OK.... team is soft and lacks emotion interest in results. Players do not hold themselves accountable for results. Wonder how this is happening?

And he wonders why the team has once again imploded and the players have quit on him? I cannot think of a reason.

Aw Jeez guys, did you never get chewed out at half time in the locker room? Most of us have. It's used world wide by succesful coaches. Sometimes it'succesful, sometimes not. Do any of you being critical of this technique know what was said by coaches in the Purdue locker room at half time? Maybe it worked for them. We lost a close game to a Big 10 team. Get over it, instead of placing blame on those who undoubtedly feel worse about it than you.

Will you just stop already, pops? Why do you continue to blindly defend incompetence? This football coach is making nearly FOUR MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR and he's awful.
Stop with the old-timey, folksy justifications. Losing ugly may be acceptable to you, but it isn't to some of us.
Go somewhere else to defend the confused multi-millionaire, because 'round here it ain't selling.

Will you just stop already, pops? Why do you continue to blindly defend incompetence? This football coach is making nearly FOUR MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR and he's awful.
Stop with the old-timey, folksy justifications. Losing ugly may be acceptable to you, but it isn't to some of us.
Go somewhere else to defend the confused multi-millionaire, because 'round here it ain't selling.

For as much as Ferentz's salary gets illogically thrown around on this board, this is one context in which it is relevant. PapatHawki, I have no doubt the players feel crappy about the loss today. I'm sure Kirk does too. But telling us (essentially) to 'leave Kirk alone' like you're the viral Britney Spears fan from a few years back rings VERY hollow when I would gladly take $100K/year to do mediocre work in a high-profile job where my shortcomings don't actually harm people, even if people were muttering about me behind my back on message boards. Kirk is compensated well enough to either go 10-2 or feel some pressure to go 10-2. If the criticism was really intolerable for him, he has a nice nest-egg on which to retire, like, immediately.

I heard he got pretty heated as well. I bet it looked like this...

Kirk%2BFerentz%2B3.jpg

Well, it makes sense. I mean we knew that THIS year was going to be bad before LAST year started and the coaches did nothing to upgrade the talent or change the system to best overcome the team's weaknesses. And by the way KF talks in pressers, it doesn't seem like there is any particular urgency to get better.

We all see it, you think the players can't?

Yeah, well.... I guess I was holding out hope that the "professional" coaches could see things that us "armchair tavernhawks" couldn't.... turns out it sure seems to be the other way around doesn't it? :confused:

This is by far the least fun I've had as an Iowa fan in my life. At least when KF started we were supposed to suck. And in Fry's last year, it was kind of a lame duck season, plus I was 11 or 12.

I hear ya bcl20... although the last year Greenway/Hodge were here and we blew that big lead at NW when it seemed like we started celebrating a bit too early ranks right up there. :mad:

Latest posts