Seth Tuttle

His only offers were Northern Iowa, Colorado State, and Northern Colorado. Iowa State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Creighton looked at him briefly, but never offered.

I can't really blame Iowa for not recruiting him hard. He came from a really small school and wasn't heralded coming out of high school.

That being said I'd love to have him now!

Last edited:
His only offers were Northern Iowa, Colorado State, and Northern Colorado. Iowa State and Creighton looked at him briefly, but never offered.

I can't really blame Iowa for not recruiting him. He came from a really small school and wasn't heralded coming out of high school.

That being said I'd love to have him now!

I'd love to have anyone who was any threat outside the paint!!! ANYONE!

Just Seth? How about Nate Buss, Matt Bohannon, Wes Washpun, and it goes on and on. Schools like iowa don't believe these kids can play. It was proven today they can.

An offer to Bohannon would have been universally panned. I watched him numerous times in HS and UNI was perfect for him. Saw Washpun a few times and he was very raw but an athletic freak of course,

An offer to Bohannon would have been universally panned. I watched him numerous times in HS and UNI was perfect for him. Saw Washpun a few times and he was very raw but an athletic freak of course,

Other than your spelling errors you really made no point. Everyone saw them play...the difference is that Jake recruited a team. Please explain your "UNI is a perfect fit" comment. Did you mean he should play for the #18 team in the country?

Not offered by the IOWA HAWKEYES......

Hmmmmm..............

hmmmm.................

derp
Something about hindsight 20-20 comes to mind. There are dozens of these stories all over college bball. Just like there are dozens of stories about top recruits being average.

He'd be great to have but it's not a recruit fail.

Tuttle grew up an ISU fan and considering the state of the program I wanted them to offer but it probably worked out best for everyone.

Not offered by the IOWA HAWKEYES......

Hmmmmm..............

hmmmm.................

derp

Yeah, let's just look at the best player on every mid major and question why we didn't offer them. It makes a ton of sense and will be very productive. Sarcasm Alert!

Other than your spelling errors you really made no point. Everyone saw them play...the difference is that Jake recruited a team. Please explain your "UNI is a perfect fit" comment. Did you mean he should play for the #18 team in the country?
I'm beginning to think that UNI fans are kind of slow.

20/20 hindsight is right. UNI is built following the mid major recipe to a T - find a bunch of under the radar guys that don't fit the perfect archetype to garner major offers, but maybe bring something unique to the table that fits your program's philosophy well. It's working out really well for UNI this year, but that doesn't change the fact we (Iowa & ISU fans) would be up in arms if our programs were going after those sorts of recruits (which, I'm assuming, makes this all the more delicious for Fairfax & friends).

UNI's got good players & good coaching and I hope they make the most of it (up to and including a nice tourney run)...but if you think they are a template to follow to build a successful major conference competitor, you're crazy.

Something about hindsight 20-20 comes to mind. There are dozens of these stories all over college bball. Just like there are dozens of stories about top recruits being average.

He'd be great to have but it's not a recruit fail.

And you're just plain WRONG.

It was a recruiting MISS, now playing out right in front of your
EYES and yet you still cannot see it.

Seth Tuttle is a Greg Brunner like player that IOWA could have signed.
Instead, they went for JOKE projects like the kid from Georgia, who couldn't
have played at St Ambrose.

Seth Tuttle would be a HUGE difference maker on Iowa's team, playing with
White, Uthoff, etc.

I saw tuttle play in high school. He was good, but I didn't think D1 good. Turns out I was wrong. Good for him.

Not one of you recruiting/coaching geniuses woulda traded Woodbury for Tuttle when they were in high school.

There are kids all over the country playing on mid major teams that MAY have excelled at Iowa, or Wisconsin, or Ohio St. There are, simply, a lot of really good basketball players in the US. And, with AAU and other outlets for competition for young kids, they will probably get even better. Recruiting can sound scientific, full of careful research, etc. But, its still a crap shoot. When you guys talk about the players fitting a system at UNI, I think you are right on. Great coaching, solid kids, good scheme. Look at Wisconsin in the BT if you want to see a parallel...have there been a lot of 4-5 stars recruited in by Bo Ryan? Fran has done just fine, overall, on the recruiting trail. He will have his day.

I don't know how unis team would fair going on three game stretch of msu, maryland, then wisconsin.Obviously panthers are a good team but this team in the bigten or big twelve might be a tough grind on em. Will see this march.

20/20 hindsight is right. UNI is built following the mid major recipe to a T - find a bunch of under the radar guys that don't fit the perfect archetype to garner major offers, but maybe bring something unique to the table that fits your program's philosophy well. It's working out really well for UNI this year, but that doesn't change the fact we (Iowa & ISU fans) would be up in arms if our programs were going after those sorts of recruits (which, I'm assuming, makes this all the more delicious for Fairfax & friends).

UNI's got good players & good coaching and I hope they make the most of it (up to and including a nice tourney run)...but if you think they are a template to follow to build a successful major conference competitor, you're crazy.

This.

Here is a list from kenpom.com for the player of the year:

1) Frank Kominsky
2) Stanley Johnson, Arizona
3) Jahlil Okafor, Duke
4) Delon Wright, Utah
5) Seth Tuttle

Seth Tuttle was named NCAA Basketball player of the week, by CBS Sports, today.

Wait........queue it up for the Kool Aid drinkers....

'He's just not a BigTen player'.........derp...derp......LMAO

Latest posts