Seth Tuttle

I say 6 prayers a day that we get put in to the same bracket with iowa. We would consider that a bye to the next round. They aren't much different than when we played them. Thinks about it, you just finished up the weak part of your schedule and now they are WORLD beaters because they have won a couple in a row? I think not. I hope we get them at some point man, man if we could be so lucky. But you have to get out of the first round to begin with. It been a few years since that has happened hasn't it?

Tuttle will get 40 on Woodbury.

LOL, the weakest part of Iowa schedule was 10x tougher than the toughest stretch of UNI's schedule. White, Niang would both avg 20 PPG + playing in the weak azz MVC.

LOL, the weakest part of Iowa schedule was 10x tougher than the toughest stretch of UNI's schedule. White, Niang would both avg 20 PPG + playing in the weak azz MVC.

Ill be rooting for UNI in the tournament...well...because they're UNI. However, I think both ISU and Iowa fans can agree both UNI and Wichita State are a bit overrated. Just not the same kind of athletes. Sorry but true. Wouldn't mind seeing either UNI or Wichita in the tourny.

Ill be rooting for UNI in the tournament...well...because they're UNI. However, I think both ISU and Iowa fans can agree both UNI and Wichita State are a bit overrated. Just not the same kind of athletes. Sorry but true. Wouldn't mind seeing either UNI or Wichita in the tourny.

Our subpar athletes beat you guys 56-44.

OP is way off base here.
ST grew up/played in Sheffield, Iowa....10 miles north of my hometown.

He was a stud in his class, sure, class 2A. His conference, the Corn Bowl Conference, consisted of Rockford, Britt, Northwood-kensett, Belmond....you get the drift.

It certainly wasn't a reach that Iowa didn't offer then. The pedigree he played against just wasn't there.

Your analysis has more holes than...........well, so.......

Aaron White and Gabe Olaseni were certainly were 'reaches? But not any more than offering a guy who
was a 4 yr starter at UNI and is up for NCAA PLAYER OF THE YEAR ! good grief

Well, this is a pathetic thread....good lord, let's get the tournament started so we can put all this $hit to rest......would'ves, could'ves, and should'ves.....RPI this, RPI that, UNI is God, ISU is the best ever, Iowa sucks a$$, we could beat you guys any day of the week, can't wait to meet up in the tournament, blah, blah, blah.....well, let's hope we all do well in our tournaments our we all have egg on our face....

Aaron White and Gabe Olaseni were certainly were 'reaches? But not any more than offering a guy who

So you think Tuttle deserved White's Scholarship? You think Tuttle could play C in the B!G like Gabe?

Du fuq?

Not recruiting ST wasn't an error on Iowa's part at the time. As I've stated, the pedigree just wasn't there. End of story.

The fact he's done very well for himself, which I'm glad he has, is irrelevant to the the thread's topic...which is...pay attention now....Iowa screwed up when they didn't recruit him then.

No, no they didn't.

Tuttle at Iowa would have been a tweener, somewhere between White and Ogelsby.

Serviceable, but, nowhere's near as productive as White and Olaseni have been.

Whatever it is you're smoking, you're invited to bring some to our next tailgate!

Tuttle would have transfered from iowa to UNI after his freshman year if we offered him. He would have realized it was a mistake to transfer by now but it would have been too late. Not even Seth could have imagined he would do this good 3 years ago.

When guys like Marbe and White were recruited, there was maybe a 1 in 10 chance they would turn out as good as they did. In the shape iowa was in then, you could live with those odds. There was about a 1 in 100 chance that Tuttle would end up like he did. A power conference teM simply can't take that kind of chance.

Tuttle would have transfered from iowa to UNI after his freshman year if we offered him. He would have realized it was a mistake to transfer by now but it would have been too late. Not even Seth could have imagined he would do this good 3 years ago.

That's not how it would've gone down. He would have redshirted as a freshman at Iowa and his roommate would have gotten him hooked on GTA. The constant exposure to violence and the drug culture would have made him calloused, resulting in bad decisions. He would have considered moving back home, but decided go to NIACC in Mason City. Things there would have started out rough but gotten better and his family would have been really happy that he had finally turned it around. After two years, he would go to UNI, but lose his passion for basketball and quit after his junior year. He'd be working in retail and starting a family right now, had Fran recruited him.

That's not how it would've gone down. He would have redshirted as a freshman at Iowa and his roommate would have gotten him hooked on GTA. The constant exposure to violence and the drug culture would have made him calloused, resulting in bad decisions. He would have considered moving back home, but decided go to NIACC in Mason City. Things there would have started out rough but gotten better and his family would have been really happy that he had finally turned it around. After two years, he would go to UNI, but lose his passion for basketball and quit after his junior year. He'd be working in retail and starting a family right now, had Fran recruited him.

You do realize this is the Seth Tuttle thread not the Dickerson one right?

People can argue whether it was a "miss" all day long I suppose. The fact is that Seth committed to UNI early (right after his Jr. season and the year Fran was hired), Iowa did at some point express interest and Seth told them he was firm in his committment.

End of story

Latest posts