Say it with me, SAME OL HAWKEYES

Wonder why so many of us are responding to this thread
giphy.gif

The OP has started the same thread twice. This one "Say It With Me, Same 'Ol Hawkeyes" and another one called "Same 'Ol Hawkeyes". He is clearly just trying to stir up some shit. Most likely a clone-bag. But either way, this used to be a bannable offense.

Bannable offense?

It’s a long season . Lot of games left . This team is going to struggle closing games out without JBO. That was painfully evident today . JBO is by far our best free throw shooter
I brought up free throw shooting as a potential concern before the season started. I was told not to worry. Unfortunately the player who sealed several big wins at the line or with clutch shooting, or both, is no longer available.

Guards weren't supposed to get to the rim as easily once JBo went down. Saturday we couldn't even get back to hinder them. Teams like Penn State, DePaul, Maryland, MSU ar going to give us trouble. We caught Penn State on a day they really didn't shoot well from the outside and still couldn't finish the deed.

I like the mental makeup of this team and the preseason is going to serve them well when tournament resumes are glossed over. But yes, long season ahead, and other teams are watching this film and will blueprint accordingly. Need Toussaint and Evelyn to click on the same game. Penn State's bench killed us. We got nothing other then Kriener and some rebounding from Pemsl.

Last edited:
Lol, some where out there Jon is laughing. He once said people on this site need to get a life. This is sports forum. It’s entertainment watching a bunch of college kids play basketball. I mean it really has no bearing on your personal life unless you have an association with one of players or the coaches.

Sure I have been hard on the coaches and wanted changes. I have been very vocal about that as you all know.

I’ve had to come to some difficult conclusions. As long as Fran and Kirk are here we can’t expect much to change over what we have seen for over twenty and ten years, Kirk and Fran respectively. To think other wise is just plain foolishness and is wishful ridiculousness.

Like some on here I wanted to see both programs rise to at least the level of the mighty cheeseheads in Madison. It appears that above our coaches abilities to recruit and coach to that level. Like I’ve said previously you have twenty and ten years of hard core evidence to substantiate that. No wishful thinking is going to change that no matter how much I or any of you rant and rave or cheer and support against or for these coaches. I think they are both good guys. You could support them for no other reason than for that if you want to. That’s where I am at.

I wouldn’t cry or boo hoo if both were let go. I would look back over their careers with appreciation for the good they have both done for football and basketball. Would I have liked a conference title a little more often? Of course I would because I am a proud full person and have a very competitive spirit in me. However I don’t get to make these decisions. So I can accept things as they are or just quit watching and following the two programs and spend the time with my family and friends doing other things.

Right now I am just finally accepting the things I can not change. Griping, and complaining as fans is a part of the sports world. I suppose it’s good to vent on a forum after a tough loss. We all know most of us will be back watching the next game hoping for a win. Some will schedule their time around that next game or record it and watch it later.

One thing that caught my attention was an interview that Rob had with the player who caught that miraculous winning touchdown on the last play against LSU in the capital One bowl game. Holloway talked about trying to catch a game here and there but that the demands of his family kept him busy. This gave the impression that he not religiously following the games like most of us do. We schedule our days and free up time in order to watch the games. Here’s a guy that actually wore the uniform who doesn’t do that. Yes he catch a game here and there but he’s not making a vital part of his day to schedule his life around following the team.

That’s what Jon was getting at one day when he posted that some people need to get a life.

Enjoy the games. Cheer and high five when they win. Vent when they lose, but keep things in perspective. I’ve had to reluctantly come to this conclusion. I used to follow the Bears and the Cubs religiously for years. Not so much anymore. It’s not that important to get upset over on a regular basis. Warren is right. Your family is what is important and giving your time to them should be your first priority. Being grouchy and upset after a loss isn’t going to do them or yourselves any good. It’s not going to change things.

It’s I O W A. It is what it is.

Lol, some where out there Jon is laughing. He once said people on this site need to get a life. This is sports forum. It’s entertainment watching a bunch of college kids play basketball. I mean it really has no bearing on your personal life unless you have an association with one of players or the coaches.

Sure I have been hard on the coaches and wanted changes. I have been very vocal about that as you all know.

I’ve had to come to some difficult conclusions. As long as Fran and Kirk are here we can’t expect much to change over what we have seen for over twenty and ten years, Kirk and Fran respectively. To think other wise is just plain foolishness and is wishful ridiculousness.

Like some on here I wanted to see both programs rise to at least the level of the mighty cheeseheads in Madison. It appears that above our coaches abilities to recruit and coach to that level. Like I’ve said previously you have twenty and ten years of hard core evidence to substantiate that. No wishful thinking is going to change that no matter how much I or any of you rant and rave or cheer and support against or for these coaches. I think they are both good guys. You could support them for no other reason than for that if you want to. That’s where I am at.

I wouldn’t cry or boo hoo if both were let go. I would look back over their careers with appreciation for the good they have both done for football and basketball. Would I have liked a conference title a little more often? Of course I would because I am a proud full person and have a very competitive spirit in me. However I don’t get to make these decisions. So I can accept things as they are or just quit watching and following the two programs and spend the time with my family and friends doing other things.

Right now I am just finally accepting the things I can not change. Griping, and complaining as fans is a part of the sports world. I suppose it’s good to vent on a forum after a tough loss. We all know most of us will be back watching the next game hoping for a win. Some will schedule their time around that next game or record it and watch it later.

One thing that caught my attention was an interview that Rob had with the player who caught that miraculous winning touchdown on the last play against LSU in the capital One bowl game. Holloway talked about trying to catch a game here and there but that the demands of his family kept him busy. This gave the impression that he not religiously following the games like most of us do. We schedule our days and free up time in order to watch the games. Here’s a guy that actually wore the uniform who doesn’t do that. Yes he catch a game here and there but he’s not making a vital part of his day to schedule his life around following the team.

That’s what Jon was getting at one day when he posted that some people need to get a life.

Enjoy the games. Cheer and high five when they win. Vent when they lose, but keep things in perspective. I’ve had to reluctantly come to this conclusion. I used to follow the Bears and the Cubs religiously for years. Not so much anymore. It’s not that important to get upset over on a regular basis. Warren is right. Your family is what is important and giving your time to them should be your first priority. Being grouchy and upset after a loss isn’t going to do them or yourselves any good. It’s not going to change things.

It’s I O W A. It is what it is.

Jon?

You know damned well that if I did this over at cry-fan I'd be gone within minutes. Multiple negative threads with the same theme? C'mon man...
If Chrissy can track your IP address back to IC or CR, you are insta banned, regardless of post content.

Always amazes how when someone tells a bit of truth the sunshine pumpers come after them.

Opinion and truth are not the same damned thing. It is your opinion that everything is the same. Doesn't make it a fact, nor does it become fact if you repeat the same thing over and over again.
I saw a salty Iowa team with a dreadfully short bench in a hostile and very hot environment give a game effort but ran out of gas at the end of the game.
If the Hawks lose to Nebby, that would be a more damning thing but I just don't see that happening.
Again, this is MY opinion.
Only a moron declares their own diatribe truth.

Opinion and truth are not the same damned thing. It is your opinion that everything is the same. Doesn't make it a fact, nor does it become fact if you repeat the same thing over and over again.
I saw a salty Iowa team with a dreadfully short bench in a hostile and very hot environment give a game effort but ran out of gas at the end of the game.
If the Hawks lose to Nebby, that would be a more damning thing but I just don't see that happening.
Again, this is MY opinion.
Only a moron declares their own diatribe truth.

If CJ and Connor both miss tomorrow, we have a very good chance of losing to Nebraska.

What exactly is Rob allowing that's taking this place down hill?

The OP has an unpopular opinion about Iowa basketball. Who cares? if everyone thought the same it would be boring as hell around here.
We haven’t been to the final four since 1980 or a sweet 16 since 1999. He has a legitimate point

We haven’t been to the final four since 1980 or a sweet 16 since 1999. He has a legitimate point
Fran's history of February slides and poor showings in the conference tournament is the elephant in the room. Conference teams almost always play us tougher the second time around. I think that's a big part of what the OP is saying. It's there and it's not going anywhere until Fran does something about it.

Every time we lose a conference game someone is going to get on here and say, here we go, who couldn't see this coming. I just think early January isn't quite the time for that. This is not a typical bottom feeder Penn State team. They are a legit NCAA contender. I'm most upset because we kicked a golden opportunity away. They could go 13-7 in this conference easily and we caught them on a night where Stevens and Watkins were in second half foul trouble, they really didn't shoot well from distance, and we still came up short.

Not to mention how physical that game was. I have a legit fear that we could be flat tonight. And we are overdue to get lit up from the three point line. If we find a way to lose this tonight I think that's what the OP is referring to when he says he's getting sick of it.

If CJ and Connor both miss tomorrow, we have a very good chance of losing to Nebraska.
it's a very fair point. And if that is the circumstance, I will be less concerned. Hopefully the guys will start getting healthy. It's been one of those years with the injuries. Keep your eyes peeled for Sam Brownlee... :)

Fran's history of February slides and poor showings in the conference tournament is the elephant in the room. Conference teams almost always play us tougher the second time around. I think that's a big part of what the OP is saying. It's there and it's not going anywhere until Fran does something about it.

Every time we lose a conference game someone is going to get on here and say, here we go, who couldn't see this coming. I just think early January isn't quite the time for that. This is not a typical bottom feeder Penn State team. They are a legit NCAA contender. I'm most upset because we kicked a golden opportunity away. They could go 13-7 in this conference easily and we caught them on a night where Stevens and Watkins were in second half foul trouble, they really didn't shoot well from distance, and we still came up short.

Not to mention how physical that game was. I have a legit fear that we could be flat tonight. And we are overdue to get lit up from the three point line. If we find a way to lose this tonight I think that's what the OP is referring to when he says he's getting sick of it.
The team exceeded my expectations during the the 2019 part of the schedule but returned to typical past form by giving up 89 points and turning it over more than 15 times. But that is just one game and Frederick didn't play in the second half, so it's way too early to declare "Same Ol Hawkeyes"