Say it with me, SAME OL HAWKEYES

This poster cant be more wrong. Not the same old team by a long shot. Attrition might get this team but the sharing of the ball, the commitment to defense might be the best I've seen under Fran. If you can't see that you don't know basketball. If Fran gets this team to the top half of the Big he's the coach of the year.
Previous poster, not you InGoodCo I agree with you.

I think it is a different team then the past two years however, this game was winnable. One thing that does resemble last year is the ball going to CM towards the end of the game and him trying to do too much and turning it over, or throwing up a bad shot. Pull him the last two minutes of every close game. Get the ball to Garza, or Weiscamp. Conner McCaffery is terrible in the clutch.

I think it is a different team then the past two years however, this game was winnable. One thing that does resemble last year is the ball going to CM towards the end of the game and him trying to do too much and turning it over, or throwing up a bad shot. Pull him the last two minutes of every close game. Get the ball to Garza, or Weiscamp. Conner McCaffery is terrible in the clutch.
Who had the assist on back to back buzzer beaters last February?

I agree Connor shouldn't be taking shots late in close games. But that's who the other team wants taking them, so victory to them. But take the I'll advised shooting away and I will put his basketball IQ up there with any other option we have available.

Who had the assist on back to back buzzer beaters last February?

I agree Connor shouldn't be taking shots late in close games. But that's who the other team wants taking them, so victory to them. But take the I'll advised shooting away and I will put his basketball IQ up there with any other option we have available.
You seem to have forgotten multiple turnovers at the end of multiple games last year. Hawks get a rally going and Conner can stop it all by himself.

Let’s make it simple. If Iowa loses to Nebraska Tuesday I won’t post on the basketball board the rest of the season. If Iowa wins you don’t post on the basketball board the rest of the season. How’s that for “truth?”

What kind of bet is that?

Agree and disagree, he was strong with the ball I thought, but when a player fouls you three times on your drive and it's not called it's hard to blame Conner. Conner gets no respect on the court. Defenders routinely hand check him and bump him around, refs just let it happen. That's why I was for more playing time for JoeT from game one. Evelin is not the answer.

OP needs to STFU. We lost CJ, when we are already short guards, and still hung in til the end on the road.

That, losing CJ and the rotation, guys playing some extra minutes in the heat and they looked tired the last 7 or so minutes with shots and free throws not falling. A few shots and free throws go down and the hawks win. And wow that one psu guard hit two big 24 ft threes.

I may be wrong but Fran didnt seem to get some fresh players in the last 5-7 minutes. Anybody correctly if I am wrong about the substitutions and I thought Fran could have taken one of his 2 timeouts with about 3 minutes left when the offense looked stalled and Psu was out hustling the hawks.

Saw a lot in this game of players not passing the ball into Garza when he was open. Don't understand that. Then some really wild entry passes. JBo was really good at entry passes to Garza, JoeT is quick and him and Garza need time to build chemistry, unfortunately, the season is half over.

Always amazes how when someone tells a bit of truth the sunshine pumpers come after them.
I don't think I can be confused with a "sunshine pumper", but with the adversity this team has gone through I think the guys are playing incredibly well. This was a tournament atmosphere like game and Iowa played to the bell. Honestly, I think last year this is a 20 pt loss.

I don't think I can be confused with a "sunshine pumper", but with the adversity this team has gone through I think the guys are playing incredibly well. This was a tournament atmosphere like game and Iowa played to the bell. Honestly, I think last year this is a 20 pt loss.

Iowa probably loses last year too

Iowa probably loses last year too
You sound like a parent who had a kid on the team and he didnt get to play. Anyone who follows the Hawks and knows just a little bit about basketball knows that was a battle in a tough environment. Hawks played extremely well except for about the last 4 minutes. You also have to give Penn State some credit. They had a guy or 2 come off the bench and just shoot lights out. Add to that we missed some critical free throws and the Penn State guy made them all. We should handle Nebbie. Now go back to your hut in the village.

Latest posts