Say it with me, SAME OL HAWKEYES

I saw two Iowa teams in this game. At one point, I actually thought this team could compete for the conference title the way they were playing. The end of the game looked like a bubble team.

They over-exceeding my expectations (as I predicted an NIT). This team looks like a high NIT team at its lowest and probably a 2nd round and done in the NCAAs at its highest.

Last edited:
I saw a team that on several occasions could have put this away, missed a few key shots, their defense is way improved from previous years, defense and shooting suffered at the end of the game from fatigue as they are very thin right now do to injuries. My guess if it wasn't 80 degrees in there even with major injuries Iowa would have won. Oh and they really suck loosing to a team with only 2 losses ranked in the top 25 and an away game, missing 3 starters By 3 points. I think Fran has done an excellent coaching job given the adversity this tea is facing. In the past years Iowa teams would get down a few points and than just unravel, this year they seem to fight continuously regardless of the score. This makes even a game they lost enjoyable to watch.

No one has sympathy for Iowa for injuries in a loss or give Iowa extra credit in a win for injuries. It just sounds like excuses. It’s Year 10 and Fran has put himself in this position. But hey, we all know Fran’s team play best in February anyway...

No one has sympathy for Iowa for injuries in a loss or give Iowa extra credit in a win for injuries. It just sounds like excuses. It’s Year 10 and Fran has put himself in this position. But hey, we all know Fran’s team play best in February anyway...

Put himself in what position? Top 25 after 2 starters and a key reserve are out for the entire season? What a loser.

Were projected as a six or seven NCAA seed.

You're projecting something else.
It’s a long season . Lot of games left . This team is going to struggle closing games out without JBO. That was painfully evident today . JBO is by far our best free throw shooter

After Iowa loses to Nebraska on Tuesday it will be off to another Frantastic year. Get tired of this crap year after year. At least Fran can blame it on JBO being hurt.
You need to settle down . This site just released the all decade team showing not one single player leading us to a sweet 16 . It was one of the best all decade teams I have ever seen . Our program is in great hands .

I’ve been following and probably know more about Iowa basketball than most here.
knowitall-2.jpg

Welp, if this is a sign of the bullshit that Rob is gonna allow on this site from now on, then this place is going down hill fast.

IowaHawkeyeFB, you ain't fooling anyone. Except Rob Howe, I guess.

SO when we drop a winnable game on Tuesday, will injuries be the excuse then?

Depends on who's out. If CJ is still out, then Garza and Wieskamp both get hurt too, I'd say it's a pretty damn good excuse. We were already down 3 of our original starting 5 for the 2nd half yesterday. That's not a decent excuse for losing a close road game to a top 25 team?

I will throw IHFB a bone. Here is the big elephant in the room. No Sweet Sixteens or Conference Titles in 10 years. That is what is haunting Fran and leads to restlessness in the fan base.

But, again, I think this current team is exceeding expectations (certainly mine). Hopefully it continues, but, in the back of my mind, I'm prepared for a collapse and injuries are mounting up.

Welp, if this is a sign of the bullshit that Rob is gonna allow on this site from now on, then this place is going down hill fast.

IowaHawkeyeFB, you ain't fooling anyone. Except Rob Howe, I guess.

What exactly is Rob allowing that's taking this place down hill?

The OP has an unpopular opinion about Iowa basketball. Who cares? if everyone thought the same it would be boring as hell around here.

What exactly is Rob allowing that's taking this place down hill?

The OP has an unpopular opinion about Iowa basketball. Who cares? if everyone thought the same it would be boring as hell around here.
The OP has started the same thread twice. This one "Say It With Me, Same 'Ol Hawkeyes" and another one called "Same 'Ol Hawkeyes". He is clearly just trying to stir up some shit. Most likely a clone-bag. But either way, this used to be a bannable offense.