Sash Suspended

Spoken like someone that doesn't know anyone that has peanut allergies. I suppose you are the person who knows there are kids in your child's class who have peanut allergies, have been told as much and to not include peanuts in things you send in for the entire class, but don't heed the request.

I don't have a child with these problems, but it IS a pretty big deal in many cases, but some people just assume those people are overreacting when they say they have that allergy.

have to have kids to have kids in your child's class. he's probably never seen anyone in anaphylaxis......

JFC. Do all you young'ns think you have ADHD??Prolly the same dorks who have peanut allergies. AmIright?
Spoken like someone that doesn't know anyone that has peanut allergies. I suppose you are the person who knows there are kids in your child's class who have peanut allergies, have been told as much and to not include peanuts in things you send in for the entire class, but don't heed the request.I don't have a child with these problems, but it IS a pretty big deal in many cases, but some people just assume those people are overreacting when they say they have that allergy.

lol what a fool.

meh dont care. when you become a professional i dont really care what you do to get or stay on top. if you arent.doing everything possible you aint trying hard enough.

JFC. Do all you young'ns think you have ADHD??
Prolly the same dorks who have peanut allergies. AmIright?

I won't give you crap about the peanut allergies comment since since a couple people already have :) so I'll comment about the ADHD. My youngest daughter was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder in 5th grade. She gets Concerta,a 12 hour acting med. One morning, after being up until 2 am, I was getting her ready for school and took her med by mistake instead of something that I was taking at the time. I was worried about it initially...had no idea what it would do. I didn't have to go to work that day but I had a lot to get done and I was absolutely exhausted. My head was in a fog. About 45 minutes later, I started feeling it. It wasn't like I had some sudden rush of energy but the fog lifted from my head and I felt completely refreshed. My thoughts were clearer and I wished I did have to work that day cause I felt like I could get a lot done. It did wear off before the 12 hours.

I can easily see why people would take this stuff. Everyone has so many demands in their day and it would be great to be able to come home from work and be able to do the stuff on "my list" instead of being brain dead from making decisions all day and just saying "**** it" and waiting until the weekend. Long term stimulant use isn't good for your brain.

Did anyone see the movie Limitless? If there was a drug like that and everyone took it, just think of how much productivity you would have instead of the people that kill their brains and ambition on other drugs. I would take that drug in a heartbeat...well...the one at the end...that didn't have the bad side affects. ;)

I'm actually surprised how bad he's getting grilled on Twitter by Hawk fans. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Why? There are two possible outcomes to this: One, he is really, really stupid, and two, he is a cheater.

I won't give you crap about the peanut allergies comment since since a couple people already have :) so I'll comment about the ADHD. My youngest daughter was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder in 5th grade. She gets Concerta,a 12 hour acting med. One morning, after being up until 2 am, I was getting her ready for school and took her med by mistake instead of something that I was taking at the time. I was worried about it initially...had no idea what it would do. I didn't have to go to work that day but I had a lot to get done and I was absolutely exhausted. My head was in a fog. About 45 minutes later, I started feeling it. It wasn't like I had some sudden rush of energy but the fog lifted from my head and I felt completely refreshed. My thoughts were clearer and I wished I did have to work that day cause I felt like I could get a lot done. It did wear off before the 12 hours.

I can easily see why people would take this stuff. Everyone has so many demands in their day and it would be great to be able to come home from work and be able to do the stuff on "my list" instead of being brain dead from making decisions all day and just saying "**** it" and waiting until the weekend. Long term stimulant use isn't good for your brain.

Did anyone see the movie Limitless? If there was a drug like that and everyone took it, just think of how much productivity you would have instead of the people that kill their brains and ambition on other drugs. I would take that drug in a heartbeat...well...the one at the end...that didn't have the bad side affects. ;)

Okay this is such a deep rooted argument I have to say something. After watching that stupid movie with Bradley Cooper (great hair), all you can say is that "I want to take a drug like that!" ...seriously? Did you watch the movie?

And I get your story 100%. Everyone has an experience like that, everything from 5 hr energy to cocaine, there is a level of intensity for everyone.

The debate isnt over the effectiveness, or the question: does it work? All my friends get on addy for finals every time and from what I can tell, it works. The question is, is it right to drug our kids? This cultural occurrence is brand new: giving youth medication to make then focus, perform and behave better. And you have to realize old-fashioned peoples' skepticism over the process.

Its more a matter of grandpa saying: I wasn't drugged as a kid, I turned out fine. We didn't drug our kids, they turned out okay, but now my grand kids are in drug regiments, why?

SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT A CURSE IT IS TO HAVE ALLERGIES AND HAVE TO CARRY THIS G-D EPIPEN WITH ME EVERYWHERE I GO!!!?1?
DON'T MAKE LITE OF ANOTHER'S CONDITIONS!!!

His agent has a good point about the lockout affecting the rookie orientation process.

However, if you are paid half a million dollars to play a sport, I'd think you'd want to know whether every single thing you were putting in your body was legal so as to not lose that coin. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

What's also interesting is that there are several players who tested positive for Adderall who had their suspensions reduced or taken away altogether. Seems weird that if what Sash was saying were true, that the league wouldn't have done the same thing. So either he's lying and it wasn't Adderall he got busted for (and there's no way to know as the NFL doesn't release what a player tested positive for) or the league has different standards for different players.

I'm not saying he is or isn't using steroids, but he just might be. Adderall is just a convenient scapegoat. He has nothing to lose by stating that he was suspended for Adderall use as privacy laws will not allow the NFL to disclose what substance he was suspended for, so unless Sash tells the truth we will not know. Other players who were using Adderall had their suspensions revoked or reduced, Tyler's appeal was quickly dismissed. I for one would not be surprised if he was using PEDs. He is, afterall, a fringe NFL player and PEDs could give him that boost to get him over the hump.

This is similar to baseball players. If I were some Cuban kid that was pretty good, but came from nothing and played with a milk jug for a glove and saw an opportunity to make hundreds of thousands, if not millions playing baseball, and PEDs were going to increase my chances, I'm probably going to take the drugs.

I have also heard from a friend and former high school teammate of a minor league pitcher from Iowa who has been playing for awhile. He never quite got the call up from AAA ball, and told my friend that had he known better that taking PEDs would have gotten him a call up, or a couple mph more on his fastball (which was what was holding him back) he would have done it, but by this time his career was already waning and it was too late.

Last edited:

Latest posts