Sash Suspended

Giants safety Tyler Sash suspended four games - WSJ.com

Seems fairly explanatory here. Positive test was in March 2012 when the season was obviously over.

My question for these guys is always--"uh, didn't you think to ask if this was a banned substance, since, uh, your job depends upon it."

This is the only issue I have with it.
Why would anyone take prescription pills without checking to see if they are banned in their sport. Especially the NFL with their rigid policies.

Tyler is a good dude, but like others have mentioned he made a big mistake with not checking with the Giants training staff before taking them.

His story sounds legit, he is indeed a very quiet kid.

This is the only issue I have with it.
Why would anyone take prescription pills without checking to see if they are banned in their sport. Especially the NFL with their rigid policies.

same here. too much money and a career on the line not to check with all that.

Positive test was in March. Appeal has already been denied. He will sit for 4 games and lose over $100,000. All rookies (not to mention current players) are drilled over and over to be sure to let the team know all prescriptions they are currently on so that when testing is done, the lab knows to disregard the when a positive for those drugs come up.

Of course, if you're taking a prescription that's a Schedule II prescription and is on the NFL's banned substance list, you probably aren't going to tell anyone.

There are literally dozens of different anxiety drugs on the market that are NOT amphetemine based and, thus, not on the NFLs banned substance list. Either he's that dumb or was hoping to get a little "edge". By the way, Adderall is what the MLB players use to pop during the season before they were banned by MLB.

Tyler Sash ‏@TSash
I will stand tall and answer all of the questions the media would like to ask me tomorrow. #GBNB

7m Tyler Sash ‏@TSash
I took a prescription drug (Adderall) legally under a doctor's care for an anxiety condition during the off season ... tmi.me - TSash: I took a presc

clemmens1_480x360.jpg

Positive test was in March. Appeal has already been denied. He will sit for 4 games and lose over $100,000. All rookies (not to mention current players) are drilled over and over to be sure to let the team know all prescriptions they are currently on so that when testing is done, the lab knows to disregard the when a positive for those drugs come up.

Of course, if you're taking a prescription that's a Schedule II prescription and is on the NFL's banned substance list, you probably aren't going to tell anyone.

There are literally dozens of different anxiety drugs on the market that are NOT amphetemine based and, thus, not on the NFLs banned substance list. Either he's that dumb or was hoping to get a little "edge". By the way, Adderall is what the MLB players use to pop during the season before they were banned by MLB.

this. just doesn't make sense. i'd love to just give him a pass because he's a former hawk, but there's really no excuse for this.

as a side, i think Pete Rose mentioned that amphetamines were huge back in the day, to keep players sharp and focused on those long road trips.

this. just doesn't make sense. i'd love to just give him a pass because he's a former hawk, but there's really no excuse for this.

as a side, i think Pete Rose mentioned that amphetamines were huge back in the day, to keep players sharp and focused on those long road trips.

It's been said by many that are close to baseball that the banning of amphetimines was actually a bigger blow than steroids. Amphetimines helped a player thru the grind of a 162 game season and kept him sharp, alert and energized. The dropoff in home runs, runs scored, hitting, etc has more to do with the banning of amphetimines than of steroids.

It's been said by many that are close to baseball that the banning of amphetimines was actually a bigger blow than steroids. Amphetimines helped a player thru the grind of a 162 game season and kept him sharp, alert and energized. The dropoff in home runs, runs scored, hitting, etc has more to do with the banning of amphetimines than of steroids.

have a friend who was in coaching in the minors and he said the road trips were just brutal for everyone. he said he was exhausted by the end of those. makes sense.

If I have an anxiety issue the last thing in the world I want is Adderall.
i got taken off adderall because it gave me an anxiety issue... Lorazepam is a anxiety med, not adderall

I love all the doctors on this board that have Sash's medical history in their back pocket. He was stupid for taking it without checking with the giants trainers first other than that people are just trying to make a bigger deal out of this than it is. Plus the test was during the frickin' off season.

I love all the doctors on this board that have Sash's medical history in their back pocket. He was stupid for taking it without checking with the giants trainers first other than that people are just trying to make a bigger deal out of this than it is. Plus the test was during the frickin' off season.

You sound anxious.

;):D

I'm actually surprised how bad he's getting grilled on Twitter by Hawk fans. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

We Hawkeye fans become very uncomfortable when the people we've placed high up on pedestals prove they are human.

I've said it a million times...hero worship is unhealthy past the age of about 12.
When y'all stop deifying jocks, y'all will stop hitting the wall of disappointment.

I'm actually surprised how bad he's getting grilled on Twitter by Hawk fans. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
We Hawkeye fans become very uncomfortable when the people we've placed high up on pedestals prove they are human.I've said it a million times...hero worship is unhealthy past the age of about 12.When y'all stop deifying jocks, y'all will stop hitting the wall of disappointment.

Wow. Perfect stroke, Scorp.

JFC. Do all you young'ns think you have ADHD??
Prolly the same dorks who have peanut allergies. AmIright?
Spoken like someone that doesn't know anyone that has peanut allergies. I suppose you are the person who knows there are kids in your child's class who have peanut allergies, have been told as much and to not include peanuts in things you send in for the entire class, but don't heed the request.

I don't have a child with these problems, but it IS a pretty big deal in many cases, but some people just assume those people are overreacting when they say they have that allergy.

Why wait for a Clown fan? I have a hard time believing his excuse.

He is not a starter and trying to get over the hump. He can say whatever he wants in his statement since he is not under oath. The NFL will not come out and contradict him in public because it would have legal issues if it did and Sash's camp knows this.

On top of everything else, they obviously have it drilled into their heads that they need to cross check anything they put into their body with some kind of master list. And there is probably a legitimate reason this drug is banned, if in fact this is the drug he actually tested positive for.

The bottom line is he took it and got caught. Everyone goes into spin mode when they get caught. The only difference here is that most of you will believe what he says because he went to Iowa and grew up in Iowa. If he was a Cyclone or a Buckeye or not from Iowa in any way you wouldn't even think of believing him.

Of course, that is your prerogative. I'm just saying...

Latest posts