Sagarin ratings

Wow, impressive. I am acgclone over there as well, so I would hope you could figure it out within a couple of guesses.

And yes, your posting pace has really slowed up over on CF since the 14th.

It wasn't the Iowa vs ISU game that stopped me from posting. It is the fact that ignorant dumbazzes just overrun that place. For instance they go apesh!t that I said ISU is 7 deep.....It is simply a fact, and they go apesh!t about it.

BTW nice try lying to me about your name over there.....I see right through that weak azz sauce Jambalaya.....;)

I think we agree here. A road win is always better and greatly helps ratings (RPI). I don't know how the math works out (maybe you or someone does) but which is better? Let's say BYU finishes w/RPI of 60 (away game) and Michigan finishes with an RPI of 25 (home game)? Really just curious and wouldn't be surprised either way? And that's based on me expecting Michigan to improve through the year and ends up at 25.

When looking at the impact on overall rank in the computer rankings probably very little difference. However, when looking at it you have to consider Iowa State will probably have several top 25 rpi home victories and likely very few top ~50 road wins. That's why it's more valuable.

The ironic thing is that you guys would be nowhere to be found if ISU stunk this year (like in football). Since they beat Iowa and are decent this year, you come over here to scream 'scoreboard' on every post that dares to mention ISU. I'm sure if Iowa fans really bothered you, you wouldn't be posting on here everyday. Or maybe you just like jumping up and down and screaming so Big Bro will notice you.

I'm here all season, including the whole offseason and have been. Of course I like Iowa and have no problem rooting for them.

I'm here all season, including the whole offseason and have been. Of course I like Iowa and have no problem rooting for them.

Bryce you are an example of an ISU fan that I like to see on this site. You aren't here to instigate and aren't afraid to admit it when your team stinks. You don't go crawling off into a hole to wait for the next opportunity to hijack a thread. Unfortunately you are in the minority, especially since ISU is now in the midst of their best start in school history. All of the annoying lil bro sydrome sufferers are coming out of the woodwork.

Posted by acgclone...Stupid thread.

When I think a thread is stupid I don't continue to open it and I certainly don't make 3 posts in said thread...thus far. The thread would look much "smarter" if you stop trying to contribute...thinking this may all be a bit over your head

I have your (acgclone) current count at 6 in this "stupid" thread. Interesting!

Well, we could just ask Jon to moderate this place like they do over at cyfan. Any trolling by a non-clone fan over there and you are banned.

Funny how the Clones seem to have won both of the head to heads the last two years even though they left Carver with a loss.

Yeah the ratings are great. But the reality is that come selection sunday, the committee is going to look at iowa and say:

"Their best out of conference win is Xavier". IMO Iowa has blown a big opportunity with this pre season to be undefeated and highly ranked going into the Big 10. Instead they blew two games and now have losses to Nova and ISU. At the same time, I think losing those games will help them in the long run and they will figure it out.

I doubt the committee will look at their nonconference since the B1G is the best conference; as long as they win some of the upper tier teams/title contenders, they will be in. They will be in, bank on it, 100% sure!

Yeah the ratings are great. But the reality is that come selection sunday, the committee is going to look at iowa and say:

"Their best out of conference win is Xavier". IMO Iowa has blown a big opportunity with this pre season to be undefeated and highly ranked going into the Big 10. Instead they blew two games and now have losses to Nova and ISU. At the same time, I think losing those games will help them in the long run and they will figure it out.

I highly doubt the committee is going to spend much time stewing over Iowa's non-conference schedule. If Iowa wins @Wisc, @MSU, and @OhioSt (highly unlikely), do you really think the committee is going to say "Yeah, but who did they beat in the non-conference..."? If Iowa gets a couple signature wins in B1G play, they will be seeded quite highly come NCAA tournament time (5 or higher).

I hope so. But what if they don't perform as well as anticipated in the conference season?

While saying this, I have no doubts that they'll get into the tournament. I'm simply considering all possibilities for how their season could play out.

What if teams like Purdue, indiana, illinois turn out to be good and can beat iowa? The hawks went 0.500 in the conference last year (an incredible conference) and didn't get in. And the reasoning was, they needed a better out of conference resume. I'm a tiny bit fearful that we could be hearing that again.

I hope so. But what if they don't perform as well as anticipated in the conference season?

While saying this, I have no doubts that they'll get into the tournament. I'm simply considering all possibilities for how their season could play out.

What if teams like Purdue, indiana, illinois turn out to be good and can beat iowa? The hawks went 0.500 in the conference last year (an incredible conference) and didn't get in. And the reasoning was, they needed a better out of conference resume. I'm a tiny bit fearful that we could be hearing that again.

Well if we lose to all those teams, we probably don't deserve to be in anyway so there's no use worrying about the non-conf schedule. We're 38th in RPI right now, last year we never cracked the top 50. We're much better off this year than last heading into the B10.

Iowa is in barring disaster. The early season games would have helped seed but nothing changes as far as ability to make the dance.

Latest posts