sad news for wrestling fans

http://www.press-citizen.com/articl...lympic-decision-drop-wrestling?nclick_check=1

from article:

“The thing is, because of wrestling, I have a mindset that is strong. Exceptionally strong,” Gable said today. “I don’t believe in the four-letter word ‘quit.’ I don’t believe in the four-letter word ‘can’t.’

“Right now, I’m not going to change because I see an initial vote. I’m not going to quit. I’m going to fight.”

Iowa's historic sport, in which they have recently been relegated to also-ran status, is now even more fringe.

Wow.

also rans - as you state - just won the B10 title (5th in last 6 years). I know it is not 9 ncca titles in a row, but still pretty good

The Olympics have turned into a joke.

Maybe they could add some more swimming races so swimmers could have a chance to win 20 or 30 medals, each.

Kind of hypocritical with how many medals wrestling does give out though.

See the problem here??
How many of the countries represented by these officials have any kind of wrestling program?

You'd be surprised how many countries have wrestling programs. Pretty sure around 70 different countries qualified last year.

Kind of hypocritical with how many medals wrestling does give out though.

You'd be surprised how many countries have wrestling programs. Pretty sure around 70 different countries qualified last year.

from the Dan Patrick show - they said 71, and 29 different countries got at least 1 medal. pretty good parity. They were talking this up pretty good.

285352_165376863610497_1517030335_n.png

I agree with point 9 above that this is a tremendous opportunity to grow the sport. I think it's a great cause for Iowans and the entire international wrestling community to get united behind.

I think all Iowa, Iowa State, Okie State, Penn State, Minnesota fans, etc. can agree in harmony that this is an absolute travesty

Thank God we still have riveting sports like ping pong, synchronized swimming and race walking. And what the **** is race walking anyway? Is it like a bunch of Chinese guys racing against a bunch of white or black guys?

I'm not that big into wrestling and wouldn't even care about the sport as whole if I wasn't from Iowa but even then I would think this is stupid. This actually upsets me more than I would have expect.

And today is the first day that I learned race walking is a thing. I usually try to be respectful of what other people enjoy but what the ****? What a ******* "sport".