sad news for wrestling fans

There is one last shot at inclusion and that is the fact that the next meeting to decide with sport to replace wrestling (which could actually be a reinstatement) is in Russia.
Do you think Putin was a wrestler? He is a pretty big dude. Hopefully he can "persuade" the committee to come to the right decision.

If this happens and wrestling is cut, I will never watch the Olympics again as it will prove that they sold out on the true spirit of the games.

I don't follow wrestling closely, but it is a legit sport and deserves a spot in the Olympics.

Maybe track and field is next on the chopping block.

This is a sad sad day for wrestling fans and just puts fuel on the fire for ppl that have been saying this sport is dying

I will post links soon to where you can email the big wigs your thoughts

Last edited:
Let’s flood the executive committee of the International Olympic Committee with POSITIVE letters showing the passion and great following of Olympic Wrestling.Executive Committee Members:
(Address at bottom)
Mr Ching-Kuo WU – TPE (Chinese Taipei)
Mr Willi KALTSCHMITT LUJÃ￾N – GUA (Guatemala)
Count Jacques ROGGE – BEL (Belgium)
Mr Thomas BACH – GER (Germany)
Sir Craig REEDIE – GBR (Great Britain)
Dr Ren̩ FASEL РSUI (Switzerland)
Mr Sam RAMSAMY – RSA (South Africa)
Mr Patrick Joseph HICKEY – IRL (Ireland)
Mrs Gunilla LINDBERG – SWE (Sweden)
Ms Nawal EL MOUTAWAKEL – MAR (Morocco)
Mr Ser Miang NG – SIN (Singapore)
Mr John D. COATES, AC – AUS (Australia)
Mr Juan Antonio SAMARANCH JR – ESP (Spain)
Mr Sergey BUBKA – UKR (Ukraine)
Mrs Claudia BOKEL – GER (Germany)
————————————————————————-I.O.C.
Château de Vidy
Case postale 356
1001 Lausanne
Switzerland
Phone +41 21 621 61 11
Fax +41 21 621 62 16

Last edited:
list of sponsors

BC6gIj7CYAE329n.jpg:large

Never thought I'd see wrestling dropped as an Olympic sport during my lifetime. What a sad/pathetic decision.
Olympic politics at their best.

The Olympics have turned into a joke.

Maybe they could add some more swimming races so swimmers could have a chance to win 20 or 30 medals, each.

This is a sad sad day for wrestling fans and just puts fuel on the fire for ppl that have been saying this sport is dying

I will post links soon to where you can email the big wigs your thoughts

Dying?
Try to get a ticket to the NCAA wrestling tourney.

Let’s flood the executive committee of the International Olympic Committee with POSITIVE letters showing the passion and great following of Olympic Wrestling.Executive Committee Members:
(Address at bottom)
Mr Ching-Kuo WU – TPE (Chinese Taipei)
Mr Willi KALTSCHMITT LUJÃN – GUA (Guatemala)
Count Jacques ROGGE – BEL (Belgium)
Mr Thomas BACH – GER (Germany)
Sir Craig REEDIE – GBR (Great Britain)
Dr René FASEL – SUI (Switzerland)
Mr Sam RAMSAMY – RSA (South Africa)
Mr Patrick Joseph HICKEY – IRL (Ireland)
Mrs Gunilla LINDBERG – SWE (Sweden)
Ms Nawal EL MOUTAWAKEL – MAR (Morocco)
Mr Ser Miang NG – SIN (Singapore)
Mr John D. COATES, AC – AUS (Australia)
Mr Juan Antonio SAMARANCH JR – ESP (Spain)
Mr Sergey BUBKA – UKR (Ukraine)
Mrs Claudia BOKEL – GER (Germany)
————————————————————————-I.O.C.
Château de Vidy
Case postale 356
1001 Lausanne
Switzerland
Phone +41 21 621 61 11
Fax +41 21 621 62 16

See the problem here??
How many of the countries represented by these officials have any kind of wrestling program?

Five Olympic sports that should have gone before wrestling

1. Modern Pentathlon -- Hasn't been relevant since George Patton finished fifth in the first competition in 1912. Wrestling requires a mat and a singlet. Modern pentathlon needs a horse, gun, pool and swords. That sounds less like an Olympic sport and more like an afternoon at Phil Spector's house.
2. Ping pong -- Call it table tennis if you want. It's ping pong. And it's even less competitive than the American-dominated softball was in the past. China has won the past 11 gold medals dating back to 2004 and the silvers in London were either won by China, South Korea or Japan.
3. Race walking -- This isn't a "core sport." It falls under the track and field designation. Still ridiculous.
4. Trampoline -- This even is exactly like it sounds.
5. Taekwondo/Judo -- If you can name one difference between these sports other than the amount of letters in their name, then you have a leg up on 99% of Olympic viewers.

Latest posts