Rumors Swirling: BF is done.

Since nothing is official at this point I would not want to conclude that a resignation letter has been signed, sealed and delivered. Obviously, the circumstances surrounding the offense needed to be addressed during the bye week. I can only speculate that someone important initiated a discussion about the offensive performance versus Minnesota which led to the rumor floating around. Until it is official I wouldn't to excited.

Fry, your affinity for Woods is well-documented. And, I don't pretend to know the man, but by all accounts he is a very good man and excellent coach. He has seemed to get the most of his players in every role he has played at Iowa.

That said, other than a two-year stint as TE coach 5 years ago, his entire career as a player and coach has been on the defensive or STs side of the field. Is it really sensible to believe that he should be promoted to OC and play-caller given his resume? There is scant reason to believe that would be successful, other than that he has been a good coach. But, OC at Iowa is challenging from the get go, but I see this suggested course as setting him and Iowa up for failure.

By this logic, why not move Phil Parker to OC? He has an even better track record as a defensive coach.

I get wanting to keep Woods. But, if I were to throw my pixy dust on the situation, I would hire a new and outside offensive staff to come in and install a new offense, not tinker with the existing stinky offense. I would leave the defense and special teams as is. It aint broke, don't fix it. And, name Woods the HC in waiting.
Yeah Woods won't/can't be propped up to OC. It wouldn't be the answer for one thing but for another he's not qualified for it anymore then Brian was and that's partially why we are here.

I would be all about Woods being the next HC. But having him named the HC in waiting I'm not as sure about. I mean are we talking for next yr with KF stepping down sooner than later? Then great. But the open ended 2-3 yrs down the road thing I'm not so sure about. Things change and I'm just as sure about the impact and how that goes over with recruits etc etc. I'd rather have Woods then not so I guess if end of the day that's what it takes to keep him as well I'd be for it. But I guess I'd just have some reservations about it not that I have any about him

I wonder if McNamara, All and Lachey had stayed healthy, where we would be right now. Any difference?
We beat Minnesota. But offense still sucks. Cade wasn't healthy at any point he was playing this yr for what that's worth. He mighta been 50% of what he normally should be. Check out his tape from Michigan and his first few games with us. Totally different looking guys he just had a bum leg and that affects everything about playing Qb.

Soo they put out a press release. By they I mean Beth Goetz did. She mentioned that her KF BF and President Wilson had 'conversations' about it. She used the words "I informed Brian....' All we needed to know badda bing badda boom good bye Brian

So another feather in Beths cap if you ask me. Good for her. Too bad it wasn't day 1 when she took over but I get it.

BF staying through the bowl game, but won't be back on staff next year. No quote from KF. Wow, things could get icy.....

We beat Minnesota. But offense still sucks. Cade wasn't healthy at any point he was playing this yr for what that's worth. He mighta been 50% of what he normally should be. Check out his tape from Michigan and his first few games with us. Totally different looking guys he just had a bum leg and that affects everything about playing Qb.

Yea but this is the 3rd year of an inept offense. IMO, any P5 Div 1 team should be able to have the offense loaded with at least redshirt freshman or sophmores and be able to at least move the ball a little bit. Yea, the team might not win or get 350 yrds, but they still should look competent and move the ball on some drives. That's just my opinion, but 3 years at the bottom is a pattern, regardless of who is hurt or what is going on with the roster/recruiting. Also, the latter falls on the coaches as well.

Yea but this is the 3rd year of an inept offense. IMO, any P5 Div 1 team should be able to have the offense loaded with at least redshirt freshman or sophmores and be able to at least move the ball a little bit. Yea, the team might not win or get 350 yrds, but they still should look competent and move the ball on some drives. That's just my opinion, but 3 years at the bottom is a pattern, regardless of who is hurt or what is going on with the roster/recruiting. Also, the latter falls on the coaches as well.
Goes to show ya that no matter how good a QB is they can't overcome a crappy OCs playcalling and Oline play.

Gimmie Chuck Long for the interim.

I think you're kidding, but what is any outside coach going to do coming in mid season with the same roster? People who think some interim coach is gunna come in and change everything or tear it up this season are dreaming. It's going to take some time and adjustment with recruits.

Best thing with a developmental team like Iowa is to prob play out the season the best you can, maybe add a few wrinkles if the roster allows. With Iowa's roster and play style, there aren't a lot of options currently.

Latest posts