Rule Reminder for this Site

I have no beliefs so I don't talk about it. Don't know how else I can say it. If you want I'll 1,000% talk to you about what I think via PM and what my views are. But this isn't the place.

When you were going off on your aforementioned diatribes on religion, I actually sat down and spent about 15 minutes framing a response. Not to convince you of any one religion's correctness, but to argue your point that religion has done more harm than good (I strongly disagree), and to point out that dogmatic belief that all religion is bunk is in and of itself a form of religion. But after about 15 minutes, I decided, "No one cares what I think, and I am not going to change anyone's mind." So I deleted it all and went back to work. I also couldn't find much in terms of evidence to support my stance, so I felt I would be mostly wanking in the wind.

One piece of advice for others on this site: if you are writing something as part of a back-and-forth, when you are done composing, don't send right away. Go back and read it. Does it say what you are trying to say? Is the tone right? Are you adding new information, or just reiterating? Would you say this to someone's face?

If you answer "No" to any of these questions, revise, or maybe just plain delete. For every 5 messages I send, there is probably 1 that I compose and then delete. It is freeing to step away from a contentious conversation that is clearly leading nowhere. And just because an idea pops into your head, that doesn't mean it needs to be said (or written).

When you were going off on your aforementioned diatribes on religion, I actually sat down and spent about 15 minutes framing a response. Not to convince you of any one religion's correctness, but to argue your point that religion has done more harm than good (I strongly disagree), and to point out that dogmatic belief that all religion is bunk is in and of itself a form of religion. But after about 15 minutes, I decided, "No one cares what I think, and I am not going to change anyone's mind." So I deleted it all and went back to work. I also couldn't find much in terms of evidence to support my stance, so I felt I would be mostly wanking in the wind.

One piece of advice for others on this site: if you are writing something as part of a back-and-forth, when you are done composing, don't send right away. Go back and read it. Does it say what you are trying to say? Is the tone right? Are you adding new information, or just reiterating? Would you say this to someone's face?

If you answer "No" to any of these questions, revise, or maybe just plain delete. For every 5 messages I send, there is probably 1 that I compose and then delete. It is freeing to step away from a contentious conversation that is clearly leading nowhere. And just because an idea pops into your head, that doesn't mean it needs to be said (or written).

Man, I so badly want to read your delete list!!!!

I delete quite a few as well, but more often I'll edit them after the fact to rephrase or add other things, have to do it fast enough before somebody quotes it though!

I have no beliefs so I don't talk about it. Don't know how else I can say it. If you want I'll 1,000% talk to you about what I think via PM and what my views are. But this isn't the place.

You already said it all in your religious rant a while back.

Some of you sound like my 8 yr old and the beginning of her slight sense of entitlement. If you are told no politics, that's it. Lol No you ungrateful little brat...no ice cream. Sorry about your 7000 toys and numerous treats....but no. It's as simple as no. Not...but.....but.....NO!....move on.

I know I'm not liked and you dont want to hear this, but bolded above is why I'm adamant about taking it somewhere else. You will never--and I mean never--have an enjoyable or thoughtful discussion here about politics here.

Every person here either has a political belief that someone else hates, or hates the subject altogether and doesn't wan't to hear it. I'm in Camp 2 and I'm not bashful about that. If you're a politcal person, you make statements that you don't interpret to be that way, but people on the outside can see it for what it is.

Let me put it this way...

Personal politics and religion are like burrito farts, man.

Your own farts never smell putrid to yourself, so you can't understand why someone else tells you to GTFO and now there's an argument. To make matters worse, we have the vast internet now where there are millions of fart fetishists, who love to smell your farts, and his farts, and her farts, farts of all different aromas and textures. They welcome your farts with open arms. But the rest of us don't want to smell your butthole. It makes no sense to keep farting in this room when you can go somewhere else and do it with consensual flatulence enthusiasts. There are better options for everyone.

I can smell my own really bad farts especially the egg and broccoli types.

Some of you sound like my 8 yr old and the beginning of her slight sense of entitlement. If you are told no politics, that's it. Lol No you ungrateful little brat...no ice cream. Sorry about your 7000 toys and numerous treats....but no. It's as simple as no. Not...but.....but.....NO!....move on.
"Politics " is kind of a subjective term.

"Politics " is kind of a subjective term.
Lol re-read my post. Some people just have to argue. Just have to be right. If you are arguing the point, you are such a person. It's ok. I'm not saying you cant feel that way. But it's a sports discussion board and if the person who runs it kindly says no politics, dont try to find the gray area. You can easily talk on a sports topic instead. You arent compelled by a higher power to respond to political topic. Fight the urge...stay around a while on a super nice site that would love to hear your opinion on sports! :)

You already said it all in your religious rant a while back.
Ahhhhhh. So you didn’t really want to chat about it, you were trying to troll me into a discussion on the board...

What a shame. But typical.

Panties in a bunch about not getting your way, and then even more in a bunch because you can’t get someone to bite on your trolling.

It’s frustrating. I know.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh. So you didn’t really want to chat about it, you were trying to troll me into a discussion on the board...

What a shame. But typical.

Panties in a bunch about not getting your way, and then even more in a bunch because you can’t get someone to bite on your trolling.

It’s frustrating. I know.

I was trolling in a friendly way. But not to get you to talk about it. Just giving you some shit because one day you were on here writing books about your thoughts on religion, but every other time you chastise people for talking about it. I would absolutely love to meet you in a bar and full shit about religion. We both feel the same way.

Lol re-read my post. Some people just have to argue. Just have to be right. If you are arguing the point, you are such a person. It's ok. I'm not saying you cant feel that way. But it's a sports discussion board and if the person who runs it kindly says no politics, dont try to find the gray area. You can easily talk on a sports topic instead. You arent compelled by a higher power to respond to political topic. Fight the urge...stay around a while on a super nice site that would love to hear your opinion on sports! :)
My point was I didn't even consider how they were handling the virus a political topic. I get now how it could be considered one. But at the time, it didn't even cross my mind it was political. For the most part.

I don't go anywhere to talk religion personally. But below are site with ten/hundreds of thousands (even millions) of members where you can civilly discuss till you're blue in the face. They're all strictly moderated and free of poop show conversations. Enjoy. Seriously.

reddit.com/r/religion
reddit.com/r/christianity
reddit.com/r/islam
reddit.com/r/judaism
reddit.com/r/buddhism
reddit.com/r/hinduism
reddit.com/r/taoism
reddit.com/r/atheism
reddit.com/r/spirituality

You are SUCH an asshole. Never expose anyone to the reddit virus. It's like herpes. There is no cure. It doesn't go away.

Show him 4chan next.

Latest posts