Rule Reminder for this Site

I have been trying to share some of this same information this week in the hope that other people also find it illuminating.
A noble cause, but a futile one.

Understanding that will make your own life more stress-free and at the same time add one less drop to the bucket of argumentative talking-headery. And while I admit that we will never get rid of argumentative talking-headery, we can choose to have safe havens from it, which this site is for the most part.

If we're being totally scientific and statistically honest about this, more people will see--and potentially benefit from--your information sharing and attempts to persuade at a place like reddit. It's best taken to one of those places.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

3145641.gif

A noble cause, but a futile one.

Understanding that will make your own life more stress-free and at the same time add one less drop to the bucket of argumentative talking-headery. And while I admit that we will never get rid of argumentative talking-headery, we can choose to have safe havens from it, which this site is for the most part.

If we're being totally scientific and statistically honest about this, more people will see--and potentially benefit from--your information sharing and attempts to persuade at a place like reddit. It's best taken to one of those places.

I don't know about others, but I only interact online on this site. I have never been on Reddit. I have a twitter account, but mostly use it for information aggregation, have never really posted. I don't Facebook. I guess I am just trying to feel like I tired to inform a bit, even if I am doing it in one of the least effective places possible.

I don't know about others, but I only interact online on this site. I have never been on Reddit. I have a twitter account, but mostly use it for information aggregation, have never really posted. I don't Facebook. I guess I am just trying to feel like I tired to inform a bit, even if I am doing it in one of the least effective places possible.
I get it. And I read your posts, you weren't insulting to anyone.

I just meant that this is no different than at the thanksgiving dinner table, on a bus, in a doctor's office, church...quite literally anywhere. Any time you enter a discussion where governmental/philosophical decisions are being made that affect the populace--without fail--it turns into a roaring shit show. The answer to everything lies in the middle of two extremes, but humans cling to the extremes and don't let go. Free your mind from trying to change that, just look out for yourself, and life is soooo much less stressful. Hell, it becomes orders of magnitude funnier because you don't have to give a shit anymore. You can get actual enjoyment out of the hilarity and absurdity.

I will apologize as well, up to this point I fell I've generally only responded to political messages, not first. I realize that does not help either. It's so damn difficult to separate that as others have said, because things are so intertwined. I respond to direct attacks forcefully at times, and again, that is not the best way to convey information. We are all works in progress and all we can do is try to improve.

IMHO, you also can't completely live in a vacuum either. Eventually, decisions made by law makers (and that also includes governing bodies of the NCAA, Regents, Presidents, ADs, etc) can have an impact on the sporting world. We are seeing it now....whether that be for the better or worse. Certainly, there are lines that we can reasonably see when they have been crossed or not.

Again, I feel real bad for the players right now and anyone that has faced sickness or death as a result of this latest virus to impact the planet.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

3145641.gif

I love this one because this dude doesnt even try to pivot his body so he doesnt land totally on his ass like an idiot. He is so trained and ingrained into that stance than he cant get out of it. Rigidity.

Most people would try to pivot, swivel a little bit at least to maybe catch their fall. LOL

He puts 320 pounds right on his coccyx tailbone.

I hate that a discussion of a virus is considered political.

I agree, because this is an issue that directly impacts the sporting world. It has impacted the team we follow. I don't understand how it can't be discussed. We don't live in a vacuum.

I love this one because this dude doesnt even try to pivot his body so he doesnt land totally on his ass like an idiot. He is so trained and ingrained into that stance than he cant get out of it. Rigidity.

Most people would try to pivot, swivel a little bit at least to maybe catch their fall. LOL

He puts 320 pounds right on his coccyx tailbone.

Looks like cow tipping without tipping the cow. ;)

I agree, because this is an issue that directly impacts the sporting world. It has impacted the team we follow. I don't understand how it can't be discussed. We don't live in a vacuum.

I know my opinion doesn't matter obviously. I just don't think the decision to shut down the world is based on politics. It's based on saving as many lives as possible at all costs.

I'd also like to remind everyone that Fry made multiple book long posts on religion not too long ago.
On how ridiculous it is and stupid it is to be discussing, not making a case for a particular religion's validity, FYI.

But it's your story, tell it how ya want :)

I know my opinion doesn't matter obviously. I just don't think the decision to shut down the world is based on politics. It's based on saving as many lives as possible at all costs.
It's political because half the world doesn't think it's about saving lives, hence the argument between two sides that you feel compelled to participate in. "Political" doesn't just mean republican vs. democrat.

If you feel soooooo much need to have your opinion on the virus response to be heard why don't you go to a bigger site and puke it up there? Somewhere where they welcome it. Is there some sort of soapbox deficit in your life that you're trying to fill here?

Or just man up and admit that you're trolling me. Because that would at least be worth a giggle or two.

THANK YOU, ROB! That's the biggest reason I come here. I get bombarded by politics all day from every direction and I hate it.

Latest posts