Rule Reminder for this Site

I know my opinion doesn't matter obviously. I just don't think the decision to shut down the world is based on politics. It's based on saving as many lives as possible at all costs.

It can be about money. Schools lose funding by closing...... Based on school days.

Politicians own businesses and get contributions. In an ideal world your though is a nice thought. But their are motives good and bad.

Also think about low wage workers at NCAA bb games with not sick leave. Hard decisions.

It can be about money. Schools lose funding by closing...... Based on school days.

Politicians own businesses and get contributions. In an ideal world your though is a nice thought. But their are motives good and bad.

Also think about low wage workers at NCAA bb games with not sick leave. Hard decisions.

The Des Moines St Patrick's day parade is going on as scheduled and the guy straight up said they need the money.

It's political because half the world doesn't think it's about saving lives, hence the argument between two sides that you feel compelled to participate in. "Political" doesn't just mean republican vs. democrat.

If you feel soooooo much need to have your opinion on the virus response to be heard why don't you go to a bigger site and puke it up there? Somewhere where they welcome it. Is there some sort of soapbox deficit in your life that you're trying to fill here?

Or just man up and admit that you're trolling me. Because that would at least be worth a giggle or two.
Can you link me to the site you go to to talk religion?

I will apologize as well, up to this point I fell I've generally only responded to political messages, not first. I realize that does not help either. It's so damn difficult to separate that as others have said, because things are so intertwined. I respond to direct attacks forcefully at times, and again, that is not the best way to convey information. We are all works in progress and all we can do is try to improve.

My downfall is that I respond to another. I never initiate it. I am fine with others having their own opinion, even if opposite of me, so I state something presuming I will get the same civil response with my opinion not realizing someone may not like it and come back throwing. So I state something thinking it is pretty benign but someone can't handle someone having a different opinion, which happens way too much anymore. I then usually bow out.

My downfall is that I respond to another. I never initiate it. I am fine with others having their own opinion, even if opposite of me, so I state something presuming I will get the same civil response with my opinion not realizing someone may not like it and come back throwing. So I state something thinking it is pretty benign but someone can't handle someone having a different opinion, which happens way too much anymore. I then usually bow out.
You ain't kidding there. Huck tore me a new one over my side. In my mind, it's never a big deal because I like hearing all sides. For some reason it always catches me off guard when i see a response like the one Huck gave.

Can you link me to the site you go to to talk religion?
I don't go anywhere to talk religion personally. But below are site with ten/hundreds of thousands (even millions) of members where you can civilly discuss till you're blue in the face. They're all strictly moderated and free of poop show conversations. Enjoy. Seriously.

reddit.com/r/religion
reddit.com/r/christianity
reddit.com/r/islam
reddit.com/r/judaism
reddit.com/r/buddhism
reddit.com/r/hinduism
reddit.com/r/taoism
reddit.com/r/atheism
reddit.com/r/spirituality

You ain't kidding there. Huck tore me a new one over my side. In my mind, it's never a big deal because I like hearing all sides. For some reason it always catches me off guard when i see a response like the one Huck gave.

yeah, and I was out of line. We can talk later.

I don't go anywhere to talk religion personally. But below are site with ten/hundreds of thousands (even millions) of members where you can civilly discuss till you're blue in the face. They're all strictly moderated and free of poop show conversations. Enjoy. Seriously.

reddit.com/r/religion
reddit.com/r/christianity
reddit.com/r/islam
reddit.com/r/judaism
reddit.com/r/buddhism
reddit.com/r/hinduism
reddit.com/r/taoism
reddit.com/r/atheism
reddit.com/r/spirituality
But I wanted to know where you go. Why are you keeping it a secret. I could tell how passionate you are on your religious beliefs. I want to go where you go to back you up because we have the same beliefs on that one.

I know I'm not liked and you dont want to hear this, but bolded above is why I'm adamant about taking it somewhere else. You will never--and I mean never--have an enjoyable or thoughtful discussion here about politics here.

Every person here either has a political belief that someone else hates, or hates the subject altogether and doesn't wan't to hear it. I'm in Camp 2 and I'm not bashful about that. If you're a politcal person, you make statements that you don't interpret to be that way, but people on the outside can see it for what it is.

Let me put it this way...

Personal politics and religion are like burrito farts, man.

Your own farts never smell putrid to yourself, so you can't understand why someone else tells you to GTFO and now there's an argument. To make matters worse, we have the vast internet now where there are millions of fart fetishists, who love to smell your farts, and his farts, and her farts, farts of all different aromas and textures. They welcome your farts with open arms. But the rest of us don't want to smell your butthole. It makes no sense to keep farting in this room when you can go somewhere else and do it with consensual flatulence enthusiasts. There are better options for everyone.

But I wanted to know where you go. Why are you keeping it a secret. I could tell how passionate you are on your religious beliefs. I want to go where you go to back you up because we have the same beliefs on that one.
I have no beliefs so I don't talk about it. Don't know how else I can say it. If you want I'll 1,000% talk to you about what I think via PM and what my views are. But this isn't the place.

We're going to have maybe a two month break from TV sports coverage. If only we could have a 2 month break from political coverage. I know I have a lot more personal peace when I pass on watching political talk shows.

......and also, what may not be a political statement or stand in my mind might be perceived as one. So, even though oblivious to it, a response can come from L field. Who knows where the line is and the line seems to move with different people.

Guys, please. There's a human typing on the keyboard with whom you are interacting. Most likely he or she is a Hawkeye fan. Try being kind to one another. We all need it right now.

you said don't do it, you won't hear another peep from me about it. I'm a everybody love everybody kind of guy.

I'm asking that you guys use good judgement. I think intelligent people know when a line is being crossed.

For instance, if you're typing in republican (right) or democrat (left), you're probably crossing the line. Same with conservative and liberal. You all know the buzz words. And talking about a specific politician or office should be a no-brainer.

We should be able to talk about the virus and its impact without the politics.

I know I'm not liked and you dont want to hear this, but bolded above is why I'm adamant about taking it somewhere else. You will never--and I mean never--have an enjoyable or thoughtful discussion here about politics here.

Every person here either has a political belief that someone else hates, or hates the subject altogether and doesn't wan't to hear it. I'm in Camp 2 and I'm not bashful about that. If you're a politcal person, you make statements that you don't interpret to be that way, but people on the outside can see it for what it is.

Let me put it this way...

Personal politics and religion are like burrito farts, man.

Your own farts never smell putrid to yourself, so you can't understand why someone else tells you to GTFO and now there's an argument. To make matters worse, we have the vast internet now where there are millions of fart fetishists, who love to smell your farts, and his farts, and her farts, farts of all different aromas and textures. They welcome your farts with open arms. But the rest of us don't want to smell your butthole. It makes no sense to keep farting in this room when you can go somewhere else and do it with consensual flatulence enthusiasts. There are better options for everyone.

I generally agree with what you post above.

I find myself enjoying many of your posts. Your candid beliefs on subjects stated bluntly with some humor. I like that. I'd rather deal and converse with candid and blunt individuals than wishy washy people, any day.

We periodically have had back and forths on a subject here and there, especially when you were new and getting used to you. Now I generally respect your opinions/beliefs. I guess you've grown on me over time, LIKE A VIRUS!! ;):p

I'm asking that you guys use good judgement. I think intelligent people know when a line is being crossed.

For instance, if you're typing in republican (right) or democrat (left), you're probably crossing the line. Same with conservative and liberal. You all know the buzz words. And talking about a specific politician or office should be a no-brainer.

We should be able to talk about the virus and its impact without the politics.

Hey, we only need like one or two forum categories over the next couple months!

Latest posts