Rudock transferring

With that grad transfer rule he wouldn't have to sit out.

I could be wrong ... but does the grad transfer rule only apply when the new school offers a program not offered by the original school (In the context of med school, I guess there could certainly be some specialties not offered at some schools)? Or is that an old version of the rule?

Or, more likely, do I just not get it?

First they steal our RB now QB.... Michigan is just cherry picking our kids geez... jk jk. I think JR would have a tough time getting that job if he does go there. They have some highly ranked kids already there and that transfer from Texas coming up. So if anything he'll have more competition to play then if he stays. So if he's leaving I think it'll be the combination of leaving someplace he feels he was screwed over from to one with a better medical school to finish up at. There's no way he's being guaranteed the starting gig at Michigan but you never know maybe a checkdown artist is just what Harbaugh wants this yr much like Deace said with what he used Alex Smith as...

I like Jake, always have. A limited arm, and mostly too cautious at times, but I liked him and he proved in the right situation he could lead. If he decided to go, i'll be disappointed because we want to have an experience back up/depth and when he was good, he was quite good.

Ok, that's out of the way. If this kid goes to Michigan, i'll eat my hat(yeah, I wear edible hats, get over it).

Hmmmmm, let's see, go to Michigan and sit out a year to play One year. Oh, and I'm sure during that sit out year Harbaugh won't have any luck at all in recruiting/developing 1 or 2 really good QBs, it's not like he really has much of a track record or Luck in that area.

Again, most of you know I don't like predictions and trying to guess on things these kids do. I'll absolutely eat crow if I'm wrong on this....but OP....get new sources, cause yours smoke crack.

Go Hawks

On the Official Roster site for 2014 Iowa Football, Jake is listed last year as a senior. If he graduates in May, which by all accounts he will, he won't have to sit out one year; he can play immediately.

I could be wrong ... but does the grad transfer rule only apply when the new school offers a program not offered by the original school (In the context of med school, I guess there could certainly be some specialties not offered at some schools)? Or is that an old version of the rule?

Or, more likely, do I just not get it?

If it were that, Iowa State wouldn't have a basketball program.

Iowa football is awesome isn't it? We can't even hang onto mediocr QBs. However we are great at hanging on to under achieving coaches. ON IOWA!!!! A comedian couldn't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
The comparison continues to be made between #1 overall pick Alex Smith and Rudock.

Alex Smith's 2 years under Hargaugh vs. Rudock in 2 years under Gerg:

NameGP (W)CMPATTPCTYDSAVG/GTDINTRAT
Alex Smith26 (20)42666364.3%4881187.7301097.4
Jake Rudock25 (14)41769160.3%4819192.763418130.0

Link

There is still something that bothers me about him possibly leaving. I have had very few problems with Ruddock as a starter as he has been fairly productive and makes few mistakes. I think the biggest disservice to him has been the crappy play calling and ultra conservative approach. What really bothers me is why he would think an opportunity exists for him at Michigan and not at Iowa. Set aside the awesome education he is getting but if he thinks he is that good and people are out to get him prove it on the field. Go out and practice and compete so the coaches have no excuse to not play him. If it doesn't work out so be it. I don't think anything is going to be handed to him at Michigan and it shouldn't at Iowa either. Alas, I feel he may be a victim in the recent trend of college sports where if I don't like how things are going just take my ball and go home. These kids need to grow a pair and deal with adversity whether they like it or not. I know if it was my son I would tell him to suck it up.

First they steal our RB now QB.... Michigan is just cherry picking our kids geez... jk jk. I think JR would have a tough time getting that job if he does go there. They have some highly ranked kids already there and that transfer from Texas coming up. So if anything he'll have more competition to play then if he stays. So if he's leaving I think it'll be the combination of leaving someplace he feels he was screwed over from to one with a better medical school to finish up at. There's no way he's being guaranteed the starting gig at Michigan but you never know maybe a checkdown artist is just what Harbaugh wants this yr much like Deace said with what he used Alex Smith as...

Steve Deace said QB is the one area they are weak at or have lack of depth.

The comparison continues to be made between #1 overall pick Alex Smith and Rudock.

Alex Smith's 2 years under Hargaugh vs. Rudock in 2 years under Gerg:

NameGP (W)CMPATTPCTYDSAVG/GTDINTRAT
Alex Smith26 (20)42666364.3%4881187.7301097.4
Jake Rudock25 (14)41769160.3%4819192.763418130.0

Link

Can you really compare a QB at the NFL level to a QB at the college level? Suspect.

There is still something that bothers me about him possibly leaving. I have had very few problems with Ruddock as a starter as he has been fairly productive and makes few mistakes. I think the biggest disservice to him has been the crappy play calling and ultra conservative approach. What really bothers me is why he would think an opportunity exists for him at Michigan and not at Iowa. Set aside the awesome education he is getting but if he thinks he is that good and people are out to get him prove it on the field. Go out and practice and compete so the coaches have no excuse to not play him. If it doesn't work out so be it. I don't think anything is going to be handed to him at Michigan and it shouldn't at Iowa either. Alas, I feel he may be a victim in the recent trend of college sports where if I don't like how things are going just take my ball and go home. These kids need to grow a pair and deal with adversity whether they like it or not. I know if it was my son I would tell him to suck it up.

In all fairness, Michigan's medical school is ranked higher than Iowa's

Steve Deace said QB is the one area they are weak at or have lack of depth.
They have bodies and a couple of 4 star qbs. They just haven't played much. I think that lefty that got his bell rung a bunch is still there too. Now those guys haven't done anything yet really so yea they are green. But with a year of learning behind them maybe one of em is ready to step up. Not to mention the kid from Texas transfering in. So yea they don't have much depth as far as any of them having had many reps but they have potential and ability.... Some would argue JRs ability and ceiling isn't very high. But his check down style and not making many mistakes might be just what Harbaugh would like for a year. Time will tell he hasn't even announced that he's leaving yet... First things first

Latest posts