Rudock transferring

Not saying its not true but I always have to question why an anonymous person on the interwebs is too scared to name their sources. Like you really can't name a former hawkeye player who supposedly knows for sure?

Some people just don't get it. If you start naming your sources, your sources may stop being sources.

The team struggling last year or this coming year has nothing to do with quarterback play. Either qb could have done well if the gameplan was right and if the coaches had a passion to win.

There's a middle ground between "nothing to do with" and "everything to do with."

Rudock is certainly not the only problem. That being said, after watching his play for two years (following two years of Vandenberg) you're crazy if you think that the QB position is not A problem on this team. If you need proof re-watch this year's Iowa State game or Nebraska game.

Suggesting that the team's struggles "has nothing to do" with the quaterback play is asinine.

There's certainly a lot of idiots out there are always rooting for the backup QB (no matter the team, or the situation). Yes those people are foolish, but it's equally foolish to swing in the polar opposite direction just to be a contrarian or a reaction to the armchair coaches who think that they always know best.

There's a middle ground between "nothing to do with" and "everything to do with."

Rudock is certainly not the only problem. That being said, after watching his play for two years (following two years of Vandenberg) you're crazy if you think that the QB position is not A problem on this team. If you need proof re-watch this year's Iowa State game or Nebraska game.

Suggesting that the team's struggles "has nothing to do" with the quaterback play is asinine.

There's certainly a lot of idiots out there are always rooting for the backup QB (no matter the team, or the situation). Yes those people are foolish, but it's equally foolish to swing in the polar opposite direction just to be a contrarian or a reaction to the armchair coaches who think that they always know best.

I agree. People always want to point out "THE" problem when something is wrong, as if things are mutually exclusive and there's always one root cause.

IMO, Iowa Football has a lot of problems. It's not like there one single area that you can point to, and everything else is peaches.

I like Jake, always have. A limited arm, and mostly too cautious at times, but I liked him and he proved in the right situation he could lead. If he decided to go, i'll be disappointed because we want to have an experience back up/depth and when he was good, he was quite good.

Ok, that's out of the way. If this kid goes to Michigan, i'll eat my hat(yeah, I wear edible hats, get over it).

Hmmmmm, let's see, go to Michigan and sit out a year to play One year. Oh, and I'm sure during that sit out year Harbaugh won't have any luck at all in recruiting/developing 1 or 2 really good QBs, it's not like he really has much of a track record or Luck in that area.

Again, most of you know I don't like predictions and trying to guess on things these kids do. I'll absolutely eat crow if I'm wrong on this....but OP....get new sources, cause yours smoke crack.

Go Hawks

The OP is correct that Rudock is leaving. He's not working out with the team right now. He wants to go to Michigan but I've heard Boise State is in the picture as well.

You guys probably don't know this as it never really gets brought up but Rudock is a good student and wants to go to medical school. Michigan would make a lot of sense since they are a top medical school as well.

His departure would be more symbolic than anything else. Viewed as another negative note by many (especially if it is to another BIG school) to a program that doesn't need more negative notes. It will all be forgotten quickly by Iowa fans if Beathard proves he is a better choice to guide the team.

I'm not sure it makes a big difference who the QB will be at IA as neither had or has a large arsenal of weapons surrounding him. As the podcast eluded to he could be a good fit for MI as they do have weapons on offense. They need a good field general who limits mistakes and is consistent........doesn't have to be the difference maker.

Would make for a great story if IA played MI next year (which they don't) and it was Rudock vs. Beathard.

Some people just don't get it. If you start naming your sources, your sources may stop being sources.

Yep. I work at the U with someone who has given a lot of $$ throughout the year who are real close to the program, ex coaches, etc.. I don't think they look at HN, but, it would be quite embarrassing if I put something that mirrored what they told me.

The OP is correct that Rudock is leaving. He's not working out with the team right now. He wants to go to Michigan but I've heard Boise State is in the picture as well.

I don't think he'd go to Boise St. I think he wants to go somewhere that has a good medical school. This is why the Michigan deal might hold water.

I like Jake, always have. A limited arm, and mostly too cautious at times, but I liked him and he proved in the right situation he could lead. If he decided to go, i'll be disappointed because we want to have an experience back up/depth and when he was good, he was quite good.

Ok, that's out of the way. If this kid goes to Michigan, i'll eat my hat(yeah, I wear edible hats, get over it).

Hmmmmm, let's see, go to Michigan and sit out a year to play One year. Oh, and I'm sure during that sit out year Harbaugh won't have any luck at all in recruiting/developing 1 or 2 really good QBs, it's not like he really has much of a track record or Luck in that area.

Again, most of you know I don't like predictions and trying to guess on things these kids do. I'll absolutely eat crow if I'm wrong on this....but OP....get new sources, cause yours smoke crack.

Go Hawks

With that grad transfer rule he wouldn't have to sit out.

You guys probably don't know this as it never really gets brought up but Rudock is a good student and wants to go to medical school. Michigan would make a lot of sense since they are a top medical school as well.

I think people are putting too much stock into the medical school thing. First of all, he still most likely needs to take the MCAT before applying to med school, and my guess is he's probably going to figure out where he's playing his last year of football before doing that.

Secondly, there is absolutely no way in hell that he'd be able to be a first year medical student and also be a successful college athlete. There are not enough hours in the day that make that even remotely feasible.

So yes, while it would make sense to transfer to the school that you'd like to be admitted to for medical school, it's not nearly as important (or realistic) as people are making it out to be. Wherever Rudock ends up next year he's most likely going to take courses that prepare him for the MCAT, make him a more attractive candidate, or prepare him for a successful first year of medical school. There is no way in hell that he starts his first year of med school next fall while also competing for the starting QB spot on a Big Ten team, that's simply not realistic.

Is this the kid whose High School Assistant Coach pulled him aside in a parking lot to tell him about "the power of Michigan"? Its like Rudock was committed to coming back to Iowa next year, and told everyone he couldn't wait to finish his senior year with the Hawkeyes. Then his position coach from High School made a phone call with the Michigan recruiting office, and scheduled and official visit during the dead period during winter. Next thing you know, Rudocks parents are buying a bunch of Block M hats and scheduling a press conference.

Just wanted to add an additional note. Based on everything I'm reading I'm absolutely convinced that he's gone, but Michigan still seems up in the air. Michigan might be his first choice, but it doesn't sound certain that he's headed there. Wherever he goes, he won't be starting med school and playing. He'll have to enroll in a grad program, but he can either choose something that will prep him for med school or something "easy."

I honestly hope that he gets into Michigan. It'd be good for him, and as a Hawkeye fan it will be a good litmus test for us to further evaluate the Ferentz regime (should we need to at the end of next season).

I want Iowa football to have a good year in 2015. The best thing for the team would be for Ruddock to return to Iowa so that we would have an experienced player as a back up to CJ. If he transfers, it would likely hurt the team. So, I hope this is only rumor.

I think people are putting too much stock into the medical school thing. First of all, he still most likely needs to take the MCAT before applying to med school, and my guess is he's probably going to figure out where he's playing his last year of football before doing that.

Secondly, there is absolutely no way in hell that he'd be able to be a first year medical student and also be a successful college athlete. There are not enough hours in the day that make that even remotely feasible.

So yes, while it would make sense to transfer to the school that you'd like to be admitted to for medical school, it's not nearly as important (or realistic) as people are making it out to be. Wherever Rudock ends up next year he's most likely going to take courses that prepare him for the MCAT, make him a more attractive candidate, or prepare him for a successful first year of medical school. There is no way in hell that he starts his first year of med school next fall while also competing for the starting QB spot on a Big Ten team, that's simply not realistic.

Organic Chemistry though.

If he transfers, he transfers. He was a solid but not great QB for us who lead us to mediocre seasons. At Michigan if he has a better supporting cast, which he might, he might fit well. Best of luck to him.

I am fine giving CJ a chance. I have seen the other rodeo twice.

Latest posts