Rudock transferring

Rudock hasn't said anything official and this is technically all speculation, but the fact that he's not even working out with the team is telling. I heard Kakert on the radio saying he's only working out with the graduates. Kind of sounds like he's already checked out if that's true. Have to officially graduate first anyways.

Rudock can be a fit for them with his experience and Harbaugh's pro-style preference. As one MI fan lays it out...........

We were woefully low on QB depth when Harbaugh arrived.
We didnt have a 2012 QB on the roster because if you believe the rumor mongering Hoke promised Morris no competition ahead of him.
Russ Bellomy was not a Big 10 QB.
So you effectively had 2 QBs on the roster who had any hope of playing in the Big 10 - Morris and Speight. One of those is going to be a RS FR this year.
So you've added a guy who would be that "2012 QB" in O'Korn and then you added a high ceiling / maybe low floor type QB in Gentry. And now if Rudock would come you are adding a 1 year rental. So you'd actually hav a reasonable depth chart

• SR - Rudock
  • JR - Morris
  • RS JR (ineligible) - O'Korn
  • RS FR - Speight
  • FR - Malzone
  • FR - Gentry
On non troubled teams you would not even consider starting a true freshman so Malzone and Gentry would not even be part of the conversation on squads that are established without a big pile up f****** up their QB recruiting. The lack of upperclassmen competition for Morris is the main issue right now. So this would alleviate it for 1 year and then O'Korn would alleviate it next year. Then you have a realistic competition after that among the underclassmen in the out years (2017 forward).

In all fairness, Michigan's medical school is ranked higher than Iowa's

Don't get me worng Michigan is a great schhol but it makes no sense to me to work all these years at one school, get to know the faculty, most likely some contacts at the hospital etc. Then to transfer and start all over to play football where the chances of going pro are slim for Jake I just don't get it.

two questions:

1. if the ceiling for JR was 7 wins at Iowa then why is he a sure bet for 10 wins at Michigan?

If the answer is because Jim Harbaugh is the demi-god of football coaches and all he needs is a game manager, then

#2 - why can't the demi-god of coaches take one of the talented in-coming recruits and urbanmeyer him up to game managing 10 wins?

two questions:

1. if the ceiling for JR was 7 wins at Iowa then why is he a sure bet for 10 wins at Michigan?

If the answer is because Jim Harbaugh is the demi-god of football coaches and all he needs is a game manager, then

#2 - why can't the demi-god of coaches take one of the talented in-coming recruits and urbanmeyer him up to game managing 10 wins?

Can't say he's a sure bet for 10 wins, but I'll guarantee that they let him throw further down the field than GD/KF did. And he can make those throws...he just can't make them at the last second and get the ball there before the defender.

If this is really true, do you think Jake will text Kurt his class list for next year so he can let the media know what classes Jake is taking in every press conference?

If this is really true, do you think Jake will text Kurt his class list for next year so he can let the media know what classes Jake is taking in every press conference?

IF this is true, my guess is Kirk either "caving" to Barta and the Beathards OR deciding the Nebraska or bowl games were deciding factors(depending on which "insider" you side with), would remove Kirk from Jake's "contact" list.

And if Jake is as smart as Kirk says, he has not had GD in the "contacts"...ever.

Someone pointed out that CJ "admitted" they were equal in bowl game practices. If that's the case, the bowl game, itself, was hardly "proof" that CJB has "won" the job. But, if the "Kirt felt pressure" insiders are correct, Jake has every reason to leave.

Either way, he feels (and not wrongly) that he's been thrown under the bus bu either KF or GD. Who the he&& deserves THAT?

Is this the kid whose High School Assistant Coach pulled him aside in a parking lot to tell him about "the power of Michigan"? Its like Rudock was committed to coming back to Iowa next year, and told everyone he couldn't wait to finish his senior year with the Hawkeyes. Then his position coach from High School made a phone call with the Michigan recruiting office, and scheduled and official visit during the dead period during winter. Next thing you know, Rudocks parents are buying a bunch of Block M hats and scheduling a press conference.

No, Rudock is the one who, along with Daddy, did a "sanctioned" interview whining about...oh, wait, never mind.

Can't say he's a sure bet for 10 wins, but I'll guarantee that they let him throw further down the field than GD/KF did. And he can make those throws...he just can't make them at the last second and get the ball there before the defender.
Or to a wide open Damon Powell streaking down the field for a game dagger.

Do you mean the pass that hit him in the hands that got flipped to the defender? I hope not, because every NFL broadcast I watch, the view is that if it hits your hand(s), you gotta make that catch.

I visited the Michigan boards and it sounds like Rudock cornered Harbaugh's assistant coach in a parking lot in Florida and made sure he understood the "power of the pre-med quarterback". "He is like a sturgeon on the field", because in Florida they like to fish for sturgeon and it sounds like surgeon and Rudock wants to be a doctor someday. Now its Rudock's parents bringing all their Black and Gold gear to the Goodwill store in Florida, and looking for Block M sweatshirts.

Rudock hasn't said anything official and this is technically all speculation, but the fact that he's not even working out with the team is telling. I heard Kakert on the radio saying he's only working out with the graduates. Kind of sounds like he's already checked out if that's true. Have to officially graduate first anyways.

Well, if that is true, then is kfootball really going to let him use Iowa's facilities to get ready to transfer to another school?

Knock yourself out Jake at Michigan. I really could care less.

I find it humorous that we have fans that want our guy as soon as someone else wants our guy.

Knock yourself out Jake at Michigan. I really could care less.

I find it humorous that we have fans that want our guy as soon as someone else wants our guy.

I think it's more a matter of remembering 2009 when Stanzi went down against NW. Not that anyone clamored for Jake C., but at least he wouldn't have the deer-in-headlights look that JVB brought for his first few series.

It might also be people forgetting that they wanted CJB, anyway.

Do you mean the pass that hit him in the hands that got flipped to the defender? I hope not, because every NFL broadcast I watch, the view is that if it hits your hand(s), you gotta make that catch.

Never mind the many passes he under threw, over threw, or the open receivers he didn't see.....there was that ONE pass that bounced off Powell's hands and was intercepted.....

Never mind the many passes he under threw, over threw, or the open receivers he didn't see.....there was that ONE pass that bounced off Powell's hands and was intercepted.....

I won't, because those aren't the passes he referred to. He said "Or to a wide open Damon Powell streaking down the field for a game dagger" and I asked for clarification.

Thanks for playing.

bob62 - KF for the first time, DID cave to Barta....no choice in the matter. And you could tell at that presser that it in NO way was KF's idea....he would have rather been getting fillings without anesthesia. However, KF does love him some easy money, and had to play the game if he wanted the brinks truck to back up to his house for at least one more year..

Last edited:

No, I am pretty sure Moses was referring to the long pass in the Nebraska game where the hawks were up big and that pass to powell, who was wide open behind the defense, was a TD to put away the game. It was badly overthrown. I dont blame JR too much as the coaches hardly ever had him throw that ball.

Latest posts