Rudock and Leshun Daniels bits

Is it true that when Iowa plays a week form Saturday, they line up 4 rb's in the backfield and no qb?

Actually, we're playing 7 OL 2 RB and 2 TEs. They call it the Barge formation like Wisconsin was running last year.

I'd been hearing we weren't going to have a qb. NCAA gave them immediate eligibility in Evanston. Some legal maneuvering I guess. Above me. I'm just a prole.

By the way player a is Ron jaworski.

joe Namath had a losing record and bad stats and the reason he got into the hall of fame was he called his shot during a good year.

Notice how player B has the most YPA. Anyway, those are fun but you can always find statistical anomalies. Also, it doesn't mean he had a good year every year. Joe Namath played a lot of years with bad knees I think. Stats tell a story and I bet they tell his story year by year. With that many INTs though I don't think he'd make KF's team, jk, I think.

Mother of God. Namath threw more interceptions than touchdowns in 11 of his 13 seasons. He was good for his day, but he's dogshit if you look at him compared to the decades of quarterbacks who have followed him. His stats make Mark Sanchez look good, for God's sake. Does that tell the story of Joe Namath?

Mother of God. Namath threw more interceptions than touchdowns in 11 of his 13 seasons. He was good for his day, but he's dogshit if you look at him compared to the decades of quarterbacks who have followed him. His stats make Mark Sanchez look good, for God's sake. Does that tell the story of Joe Namath?

I guess his good years were good enough to get him in the Hall of Fame. Whatya think smart guy?

I guess his good years were good enough to get him in the Hall of Fame. Whatya think smart guy?

Like I wrote he got in because he called his shot and it has been immortalized...not because of stats. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Romo for his career averages almost half a yard more per attempt than Tom Brady...does that mean Romo is better?

how is this thread so damn long? wait, don't answer that. i'm sure it's not about Rudock or Daniels anymore.

Ok, but how the heck do we know that any of the 3 play "too safe". GD is even saying he is coaching them to take shots when they are available.

I don't know about anyone else but I have no idea yet that's why I'm not saying much about the qb race. I think people are worried that since Kirk has a history of going with the safe pick, he might go with the safe pick this time even if its not the best pick. I do know this, if the starter plays like jvb last year and no one else gets a chance, I will be on here complaining.

I don't know about anyone else but I have no idea yet that's why I'm not saying much about the qb race. I think people are worried that since Kirk has a history of going with the safe pick, he might go with the safe pick this time even if its not the best pick. I do know this, if the starter plays like jvb last year and no one else gets a chance, I will be on here complaining.

Be careful, the board police might be after you for a comment like that.

fine.

bit I wana know how to pronounce it

le SHUN

LE shun

?

I just can't read anything with his name on it because it is a speed bump. And for a speed reader for me a speed bump can put in spinning into a new dimention.

This is how the Iowa football Media Guide says to pronounce "LeShun"--

Luh-SEAN

What "good years"? His best completion percentage was 52.9% and he completed less than 50% of his passes in 7 of his 13 years. As already illustrated, Jaws' stats were better except for YPA. Now you can choose to believe that Joe got in and Jaws got left out because of Joe's sterling YPA (which would make you an idiot), or you could choose to believe that Joe got in because he called his shot against a supposedly unbeatable Colts team and was therefore immortalized in NFL lore.

Cam Newton finished last season third in the NFL with a 7.98 YPA. He finished ahead of Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees and Rodgers in that statistic. Now consider that Brady, Brees and Rodgers all had better completion percentages and threw for more yards and touchdowns (Roethlisberger missed 3 games, otherwise he would have likely had more, too); only Brees had more interceptions.

All four of the aforementioned players had better touchdown rates (Newton had a rate of one TD for every 25.5 attempts, while the other four had rates of 18.7 or better), and all but Brees had a better interception rate (Newton threw a pick for every 40.4 attempts, while the others had rates of 56 or better and Brady had a ridiculous rate of 79).

Oh, and they all had QB ratings of at least 96.3--just over 10 points higher than Newton's 86.2--and Rodgers posted a ridiculous 108.00.

But yeah, YPA is more important.

Be careful, the board police might be after you for a comment like that.

Why? Nobody would disagree with that statement and people were ******** all over the place last season. People are on YOUR case because you're posting ridiculous drivel and they're calling you on it.

Like I wrote he got in because he called his shot and it has been immortalized...not because of stats. Stats don't tell the whole story.

I know, I read what your wrote. You might be right about that. I'm no expert on Joe Namath and I haven't looked at his stats. I assumed he must have had at least a good year or two. I wrote stats usually tell a story (not the "whole" story). I'm sure you can find some rare occurences. Stats, especially combined with other input such as your eyesite, are usually a pretty good indicator of what's going on.

I know, I read what your wrote. You might be right about that. I'm no expert on Joe Namath and I haven't looked at his stats. I assumed he must have had at least a good year or two. I wrote stats usually tell a story (not the "whole" story). I'm sure you can find some rare occurences. Stats, especially combined with other input such as your eyesite, are usually a pretty good indicator of what's going on.

Take a gander. I wasn't being facetious when I said he makes Sanchez looks good.

Joe Namath NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Well, one thing I notice is that 3 out of only 4 years he had a winning record he had over 8.0 ypa and the other winning year (out of 4) he had 7.6 ypa.

I give up. Now I know you're trolling.

Edit: You know what? One final snipe. Tom Brady has had 4 seasons in which he had a YPA of 8 or better. He's never won a Super Bowl with a YPA higher than 7.6 (his first two came with YPA's of 6.7 or worse).

Last edited:

Latest posts