Ruddock

we lost to iowa state in 02 because banks fumbled 3 times in the 3rd quarter and we blew a 24-7 halftime lead as a result. splitting time the prior year with mccann had nothing to do with it. just let this go.

Don't forget Aaron greving completing his long troll from Ames.

I think it says a lot that Ruddock was in a tough battle for the starting job at Michigan with a backup from last year who completed less than 50% of his passes. Most B1G starting level QBs would easily separate themselves from a back-up of that level on the first day of practice. He still isn't even been confirmed publicly as the starter yet.

I find t quite hilarious that Jake Rudock has been a name known to Hawkeye fans for 5 years now
and yet.........many cannot spell his last name.

R U D O C K...........not that it matters. He's 2nd string at Iowa and Michigan, it appears

Well, Riddick showed tonight he is the same player regardless of the jersey. But he has something going throwing to Butt. Perhaps he will get them to 6 or 7 wins.

Last edited:
Jake tallied up some meaningless stats on the last couple drives...kind of like touting a low turnover number last year, which, when you're afraid to ever throw vertically, isn't hard to do.

Again, I have no ill will toward Jake. Just weird to see almost a carbon copy of play we saw last year, with this supposed upgrade in coaching and talent around him....same.

Jake tallied up some meaningless stats on the last couple drives...kind of like touting a low turnover number last year, which, when you're afraid to ever throw vertically, isn't hard to do.

Again, I have no ill will toward Jake. Just weird to see almost a carbon copy of play we saw last year, with this supposed upgrade in coaching and talent around him....same.

Big difference from last year, for those who actually watch and understand: on the deep balls he wasn't UNDERthrowing last night, he was OVERthrowing.

Still, he lacks touch on the deep ball, which essentially renders threat of same as moot, which then means running lanes aren't fully opened up.

Jake did last night what he did all last year. That is he really did nothing to win the game, and missed several big opportunities to do so. Those deep balls he missed on with the receiver running naked, while at least we actually saw them in that game (he didn't even see them vs Nebby) he simply couldn't connect with them. Those are throws that he has to hit at least 2 out of 3 of them, but he converted on zero of them.

Jake did last night what he did all last year. That is he really did nothing to win the game, and missed several big opportunities to do so. Those deep balls he missed on with the receiver running naked, while at least we actually saw them in that game (he didn't even see them vs Nebby) he simply couldn't connect with them. Those are throws that he has to hit at least 2 out of 3 of them, but he converted on zero of them.

He saw Powell in the Nebby game.....he just threw an awful pass. No different that what he did last night. Michigan is just starting to get a taste of the $hit burger that was fed to us the last two years.

Anyone secretly wanting the guy to start and throw for 350+ yards and 3+ TDs?

279 yards and 2 TDs. You could say he hit that number if you count the pick six.

Watching this game was so much like watching Iowa, but without the emotion. A plodding running game, sideways passes, missed plays down field. Juuuuuuuuust getting to 3rd and short and then juuuuuuuuuuuuust getting the first down by an inch. Wondering how in the world the team could continue to put 3 plays together to get that 10.5 yards enough times to drive 80 yards.

Wow- did anyone feel like they were watching Iowa last night? I sure did. Jake is a hard study for me personally. He had no running game whatsoever, crowd was hostile, lots of pressure on him to perform. He completes a lot of passes, makes some plays, but then had the picks (one that probably was the receivers fault, and one where he was trying to convert a third down and really had no one open to throw to so he tried to fit in a very tight window). So on one hand, I think he does ok in a tough situation and in the other hand he makes a couple mistakes and can't connect on a couple and can't do enough to win. Well...lets seen what Goldie can do I guess...

Wow- did anyone feel like they were watching Iowa last night?
After watching the 1st quarter, the questions began running thru my head. Were the short passes last year really because of Jake and not the GD offense? Or is the GD horizontal passing game so ingrained in Jake that it's carried over to UM?

No. This was never a question of "is he being coached right" but rather that he never had the ability to QB at this level and should have been riding pine. MI is finding that out now. This season will be a loss for MI if they don't recognize this w/ their QBs. Looked like IA dressed in MI blue last night w/ him at the helm.

DiNardo on the Big Ten Network said some interesting things about the Michigan offense under Harbaugh (and it applies to Iowa too). He stated that to run the traditional tight formations (as opposed to the spread), you need terrific blocking and a fabulous QB with a big arm. He was hinting that Rudock really wasn't that guy. Rudock wasn't that guy for Iowa last year, either. He is an ok QB, who has a very hard time making big plays when they need to be made, in close games. I'm hopeful Beathard can be the type of QB DiNardo was talking about last night.....

First year he consistently threw late, and slow and behind.

compensated so that 2nd year, went through progressions too fast and dumped it off. but also threw slow and behind.

compensation #2 overthrow receivers.

Hey Jake, does Alcorn State have a medical program? Lol, after that Georgia Tech game they probably opened up a trama center. Just got my hair cut at the barber shop here in Atlanta and even the barbers were bad mouthing Georgia Tech for running up the score on Alcorn State.

Latest posts