Ruddock

I think it says a lot that Ruddock was in a tough battle for the starting job at Michigan with a backup from last year who completed less than 50% of his passes. Most B1G starting level QBs would easily separate themselves from a back-up of that level on the first day of practice. He still isn't even been confirmed publicly as the starter yet.

it's a win/win.

If he plays and looks great...it's proof of how pathetic Davis' (and Kirk's) offense is.

If, with all this experience, he can't earn playing time or he plays and looks bad... it's validation for all who were screaming for CJ last year.

it's a win/win.

If he plays and looks great...it's proof of how pathetic Davis' (and Kirk's) offense is.

If, with all this experience, he can't earn playing time or he plays and looks bad... it's validation for all who were screaming for CJ last year.

Initially I thought this, but hopefully the new change of scenery treats Jake well and CJB is able to bring more excitement and playmaking ability to Kinnick. How could the coaching staff not decide on a quarterback before the last game of the year?? They both didn't deserve that.

Last year could have easily been comparable to '08 if they would have just made the switch when they should have after the Purdue game. Of course "08 could have been better if they would have made that switch when they should have too. Would we have lost to ISU in '02 if Banks would have had more games under his belt? Oh wait, nevermind. I forgot he ran out of bounds against Michigan once.

it's a win/win.

This. And it will be fun to watch either way.

Looks like things are pointing to Jake being the starter. Taking most of the reps in practice based on some articles. I hope he does well!

it's a win/win.

And if CJ bombs......

You can still find a way to hate on the coaches. You are covered.

Last edited:
And if CJ bombs......

You can still find a way to hate on the coaches. Your covered.

I've seen plenty of CJ to know he won't bomb. He has looked good every time he's stepped on the field other than the first quarter of Purdue. People like to say he didn't do good in the bowl game but we were down 28-0 and he had only 2 possessions. During those possessions he was running for his life because the oline couldn't even slow them down. We might very well have that same problem this year, but it won't be because CJ bombed.

And if CJ bombs......

You can still find a way to hate on the coaches. Your covered.

And you'd still find a way to rationalize away lousy coaching, despite it starting you right in the face...for another year.

My only concern with CJ is if we have a decent offensive line. If not...no QB is going to save us.

The biggest myth about Rudock is hes a guy who doesn't make mistakes. They had a Michigan writer on BTN last night to get his thoughts on the QB race. He said he thinks it will be Rudock because he doesn't make mistakes. Have they never watched Rudock? He threw some of the most god awful picks I've ever seen.

It is win/win for many on this board. Jake has a good year with Michigan and they will say, see KF ran off another good player. If Jake flames out with Michigan they will say, see KF starts the lesser player over the talented kid.

Me, I don't care what he does. CJ should have been the starting from the Purdue game on last year, and nothing he does at Michigan good or bad will change that.

I think the logical prediction for Jake at Michigan is that he'll do the same thing he did at Iowa. He'll play well in some games and mediocre in others. He's an average QB. If some playmakers emerge around him then he'll probably do pretty well for Michigan. If not, then he'll struggle. He definitely doesn't have what it takes to consistently throw a nice ball down the field. He's usually too late by the time he recognizes someone is open down the field and he doesn't have the arm strength to make up for it. Or he'll panic and dump it off underneath instead. His skills are best utilized when he can dump the ball off to guys who are capable of making plays after the catch. I honestly don't know a lot about Michigan this year so it will be interesting to see what Jake has to work with tomorrow night.

For what it's worth, I think Utah will beat them.

I think the logical prediction for Jake at Michigan is that he'll do the same thing he did at Iowa. He'll play well in some games and mediocre in others. He's an average QB. If some playmakers emerge around him then he'll probably do pretty well for Michigan. If not, then he'll struggle. He definitely doesn't have what it takes to consistently throw a nice ball down the field. He's usually too late by the time he recognizes someone is open down the field and he doesn't have the arm strength to make up for it. Or he'll panic and dump it off underneath instead. His skills are best utilized when he can dump the ball off to guys who are capable of making plays after the catch. I honestly don't know a lot about Michigan this year so it will be interesting to see what Jake has to work with tomorrow night.

For what it's worth, I think Utah will beat them.

I was watching some of last year's games to clean up the DVR and the announcer talkeda lot about Rudock being late with his throws. During the Ball State game he missed 3 throws that would have been a touchdown instead of a field goal, a touchdown instead of nothing, and possibly another touchdown. The last was a deep throw to Powell that was late and underthrown. The throw was so bad that it was hard to tell if he would have scored or not, that's why I said possibly another touchdown.

Last year could have easily been comparable to '08 if they would have just made the switch when they should have after the Purdue game. Of course "08 could have been better if they would have made that switch when they should have too. Would we have lost to ISU in '02 if Banks would have had more games under his belt? Oh wait, nevermind. I forgot he ran out of bounds against Michigan once.

we lost to iowa state in 02 because banks fumbled 3 times in the 3rd quarter and we blew a 24-7 halftime lead as a result. splitting time the prior year with mccann had nothing to do with it. just let this go.

The biggest myth about Rudock is hes a guy who doesn't make mistakes. They had a Michigan writer on BTN last night to get his thoughts on the QB race. He said he thinks it will be Rudock because he doesn't make mistakes. Have they never watched Rudock? He threw some of the most god awful picks I've ever seen.

He threw 5 last season which I think was 3rd fewest in the nation?