Ruddock

we lost to iowa state in 02 because banks fumbled 3 times in the 3rd quarter and we blew a 24-7 halftime lead as a result. splitting time the prior year with mccann had nothing to do with it. just let this go.

Or Norm Parker decided to give 10 yd. cushions to "speedsters" like Lane Danielson and Jack Whitver.

we lost to iowa state in 02 because banks fumbled 3 times in the 3rd quarter and we blew a 24-7 halftime lead as a result. splitting time the prior year with mccann had nothing to do with it. just let this go.

It was his 3rd game or so as a starter. How are you so sure he would have still turned the ball over with more experience?

It was his 3rd game or so as a starter. How are you so sure he would have still turned the ball over with more experience?

Now maybe my memory fails me, but didn't Banks sustain an arm/hand injury in that game? If so, I don't recall which part of the game that occurred in, and if he was injured at the time he committed those fumbles.. Guess I can only speculate, but maybe that had something to do with it and he would have held on to the ball otherwise.

Again, my memory might be faulty.

At any rate, those fumbles deep in our own territory most definitely opened the door for a comeback.

Now maybe my memory fails me, but didn't Banks sustain an arm/hand injury in that game? If so, I don't recall which part of the game that occurred in, and if he was injured at the time he committed those fumbles.. Guess I can only speculate, but maybe that had something to do with it and he would have held on to the ball otherwise.

Again, my memory might be faulty.

At any rate, those fumbles deep in our own territory most definitely opened the door for a comeback.

Oh yea I think it was his hand. It doesn't even have to be about turnovers. It was a close game, all he had to do is make 1 or 2 more good plays or 1 or 2 less bad plays. I do remember both he and the offense as a whole improved greatly as the year went on. I think a lot of that had to do with Banks gaining experience and confidence. Those could and should have been gained the year before. But again, he ran out of bounds once so he sucked the year before.

It's easy to forget that these are not pro athletes (not yet, in some cases). I wouldn't wish for any student transferring from one university to another to fail. Why is the standard different for student athletes in this regard? These are still college kids, wishing failure upon them is disgusting and only means that you're comfortable wishing failure upon a future generation. Sad.
Regardless of how things go for Rudock in Michigan, he is a product and graduate of the University of Iowa, and he would not have had the chance to succeed at Michigan without his first four years in Iowa City, meaning his success there is a reflection on his time at Iowa, and even if he fails, his ability to compete for a starting quarterback job under one of the hottest coaches at one of, if not the, most prestigious football programs in America speaks to Iowa's caliber as well. So chill on the Rudock hate and vitriol.

I'm not going to root against him all he did was play hard for Iowa and when he saw the writing on the wall he wasn't going to start this year he found himself a soft landing spot. He wasn't the worst qb we've ever had or the best. He's hardly a kid one should root against. I don't know much about Michigans offensive weapons other then Darboh. Wouldn't our wr corp be pretty good if say a healthy Darboh & Willies would be playing along side Smith this year? And that's not even counting Lazard who we had no shot at getting evidently but was an instate kid. Hard to not think about the what ifs sometimes....

It is win/win for many on this board. Jake has a good year with Michigan and they will say, see KF ran off another good player. If Jake flames out with Michigan they will say, see KF starts the lesser player over the talented kid.

Me, I don't care what he does. CJ should have been the starting from the Purdue game on last year, and nothing he does at Michigan good or bad will change that.
I won't say KF ran off another good player. I'll say KF's offense is garbage. I promise.

Is this whole spelling Rudock's name wrong thing going to become the new Kirk/Kurt use the wrong first name thing. Rudock was the starting Iowa QB for 2 years and you are going to pretend you still don't know how his name is spelled?

Anyway, word is Rudock is taking almost all the first string snaps at practice. Strong indication that Rudock will be the starting QB for Michigan against Utah on Thursday night.

I think it says a lot that Ruddock was in a tough battle for the starting job at Michigan with a backup from last year who completed less than 50% of his passes. Most B1G starting level QBs would easily separate themselves from a back-up of that level on the first day of practice. He still isn't even been confirmed publicly as the starter yet.

***RUDOCK***

I watched Jake in high school several times and I watched him struggle with a horrible offensive system at Iowa so I would like to see him succeed at Michigan. He is a brilliant kid that will have many successes in life outside of Football. I am all over CJ being successful but I can't wish bad thing for Jake. Way to dynamic of a human. I am gonna hope CJ blows up into a powerful QB and help bring Iowa back to prominence. We don't play Michigan so it becomes a great story. My vote is to get rid of the mediocre coaching staff and re-energize the fans.

Regardless of how he does...if I was facing a night of watching CJ play for Michigan I would be pretty frustrated. It will not be an apples-to-apples comparison between CJ and Jake now that they are in different systems, so hopefully if he does well people don't try to draw comparisons between the two. We kept the QB with the higher ceiling so I am not all that concerned with how Michigan's quarterback plays.

secretly? why would you want him to do poorly? it's not like he's some db or something. i hope he does great.

This. Jake handled his situation with class, honestly a little more than CJ and his father did when he wasn't playing.

If Jake burns it up this year, I think that puts the heat on Davis and to a lesser degree Kurt.

Regardless of how he does...if I was facing a night of watching CJ play for Michigan I would be pretty frustrated. It will not be an apples-to-apples comparison between CJ and Jake now that they are in different systems, so hopefully if he does well people don't try to draw comparisons between the two. We kept the QB with the higher ceiling so I am not all that concerned with how Michigan's quarterback plays.

Unfortunately I think the staff kept the QB with more eligibility. Either way. Hope CJ has a great career while hoping Jake and Michigan can add some divisional losses to those programs were competing against. I think the West is wide open and could be determined the last week of the season, a Minnesota loss to Michigan wouldn't be a bad thing.

Can't wait for tonight... the Michigan game for me is a can't miss with Harbaugh being an underdog in his first game and of course Jake playing.

I'm excited to see Jake play tonight too. I always thought he was a good qb at Iowa. If he would have had some of the great Iowa teams around him he would have been perceived as better. Hope he does well

I hope he fails.....miserably! Not because he left Iowa, but because he plays for Meatchicken. I can't stand that team and with the doosher Harbaugh there now, I hate them even more. Hopefully he goes something like 10-27 for 120yds and 3 picks and Michigan loses by 3 tds.

I hope Ruddock does very well, and that Michigan loses to everyone but B1G West teams.
I hope Beathard has a season for the ages though...

I hope he fails.....miserably! Not because he left Iowa, but because he plays for Meatchicken. I can't stand that team and with the doosher Harbaugh there now, I hate them even more. Hopefully he goes something like 10-27 for 120yds and 3 picks and Michigan loses by 3 tds.

Only one more pick to go....

Latest posts