Royce White

I'm not real sure what you are all arguing about. They have Chris Allen starting, we could very easily have Eric May starting. I'm not real sure what footing we have to stand on with this.

Iowa could have me starting and it wouldn't make Allen any better or worse of a player.

MSU made the final four because Allen went down and Summers decided he actually would try for a couple of week.

Iowa could have me starting and it wouldn't make Allen any better or worse of a player.

MSU made the final four because Allen went down and Summers decided he actually would try for a couple of week.

Really? If Bryce Cartwright is on that MSU team....he doesn't play at all. But he is on this Iowa team and is 3rd in scoring and 1st in assists. If you don't think Allen puts up much more points on Iowa's team, than your crazy

Really? If Bryce Cartwright is on that MSU team....he doesn't play at all. But he is on this Iowa team and is 3rd in scoring and 1st in assists. If you don't think Allen puts up much more points on Iowa's team, than your crazy

Allen would score more on Iowa than he did at Michigan st but just because he scores more doesn't mean he's anything more than an average big ten guard. Even bad teams need someone to score points, just look at Diante garret last year. Allen also wouldn't be able to get near as many assists as cartwright got last season if they switched places.

Allen would score more on Iowa than he did at Michigan st but just because he scores more doesn't mean he's anything more than an average big ten guard. Even bad teams need someone to score points, just look at Diante garret last year. Allen also wouldn't be able to get near as many assists as cartwright got last season if they switched places.

Bryce Cartwright was a bad player for Fresno State! He has the ball in his hands all game. He should have that many assists

Bryce Cartwright was a bad player for Fresno State! He has the ball in his hands all game. He should have that many assists

He also played with no one else who could score on their own or really knock down a contested jump shot. But I'm not trying to make cartwright out to be a great guard at all. He's not. He was an average guard on a bad team, just like DG was for you guys last year.

He also played with no one else who could score on their own or really knock down a contested jump shot. But I'm not trying to make cartwright out to be a great guard at all. He's not. He was an average guard on a bad team, just like DG was for you guys last year.

You bring up an interesting comparison. Just wondering...who would everyone have picked for their team last year, Diante or Bryce?

Edit: Ideally would wait and see how Bryce's last year turns out, but what can ya do.

Last edited:
I thought this was a Royce White thread? :)

No sense arguing about how good Allen is. We can just watch and see how he does this year. He'll play a big role in ISU's season...good or bad.

Diante Garret is better than Bryce Cartwright, but Cartwright is still a good player. If Cartwright can improve on his outside shooting he should have a very good year.

Chris Allen is a good not great player. Averaging nearly 10 points a game in Izzo's system. Michigan State probably only averages in the 60's in points per game.

I don't know what Allen will do next year but I can say this. ISU will have maybe as many as 4 excellent 3 pt shooters in Christopherson, Babb, McGee (180 3pt baskets in 2 yrs in JUCO) and then Allen. Teams will not be able to play off any of those players.

You bring up an interesting comparison. Just wondering...who would everyone have picked for their team last year, Diante or Bryce?

Edit: Ideally would wait and see how Bryce's last year turns out, but what can ya do.

Diante is 5 inches taller with a much bigger reach. He has a better handle, and is a much better defender. Now let's look at the stats from last year

Diante

17.3 3.7 6.1 3.3 1.84 1.7 .2 1.7 .413 .825 .319 1.07
PPG REB *** TO A/TO ST BL FO FG% FT% 3PT% PPS

Bryce
10.9 2.9 5.9 3.3 1.78 .9 .0 1.4 .393 .693 .275 .99

Diante is 5 inches taller with a much bigger reach. He has a better handle, and is a much better defender. Now let's look at the stats from last year

Diante

17.3 3.7 6.1 3.3 1.84 1.7 .2 1.7 .413 .825 .319 1.07

Bryce
10.9 2.9 5.9 3.3 1.78 .9 .0 1.4 .393 .693 .275 .99

Here are Diante's stats

Season Averages
SEASON TEAM MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS
2007-2008 ISU 22.2 6.3 1.8 2.8 2.4 1.18 .9 .1 1.1 .351 .699 .220 1.05
2008-2009 ISU 32.9 9.8 3.3 5.0 3.0 1.66 .9 .1 1.6 .407 .707 .220 1.15
2009-2010 ISU 31.6 9.2 2.5 5.1 2.6 2.00 1.3 .2 2.0 .438 .694 .352 1.14
2010-2011 ISU 36.7 17.3 3.7 6.1 3.3 1.84 1.7 .2 1.7 .413 .825 .319 1.07

Looks like Bryce's stats are better if you are comparing JR year

It isn't that you are wrong, it's that you are stupid.

I was clearly responding to this post, "They have Chris Allen starting, we could very easily have Eric May starting."

As if Eric May starting for Iowa, makes an Iowa State guard any better or worse.

Bottom line, I cannot wait for this basketball season and watch all these lottery picks that the Cyclones are going to put out there. No excuse for not winning the Big 12. Chris Allen should be 1st or 2nd team All Conference. I have no doubt.

Bottom line, I cannot wait for this basketball season and watch all these lottery picks that the Cyclones are going to put out there. No excuse for not winning the Big 12. Chris Allen should be 1st or 2nd team All Conference. I have no doubt.

The only excuse I would have is lack of team chemistry. Time and time again, the most talented teams in the nation can crumble if your team cant work as one. That my only real concern for this season.

Who said that? The fact that this is what you got out of the thread says everything that needs to be said. ISU is going to be pretty good the next few years while Iowa is going to struggle. It sucks.

Latest posts