Round of 32 Thread

And there are those of us who grew up in Iowa, and if my envy shows through, well, it sure has been a long drought, and unless something weird and wonderful happens, the forecast isn't great. But hey, look at Loyola, who knows what can happen....................

Loyola has a chance to win the next game against the winner of the Cincinnati-Nevada game.....

Won't be easy against either one, but Tennessee was a very good team, and Miami was a 6 seed

Would love to see them make the elite eight

About as Cinderella as it gets

Have loved Nevada since January, but they expended an awful lot of energy to finally finish off Texas. They only played six.

Cincinnati, like West Virginia, always seems to have one tournament game where the fouls pile up and they shoot about 32%.

If that game is tomorrow, you could be looking at Loyola vs Nevada with advancement to the Elite Eight at stake!

If Cincinnati and West V ever squared off you might need an extra ref like you do for certain hockey games, not to mention helmets and pads. That game might have to take place in a steel cage if it happened.

Last edited:
Not so fast!

In Philly when you fall they pick you up by your wallet.

OSU really needed that shot to fall.

Was an adventure walking to elementary school each and every day. Had to take the alleys to avoid trouble, but the alleys intersected and the lads would wait around the corner, stop you, say: Give me your lunch money. If you had no lunch money they would say: Give me your lunch bag. Gave my lunch away every time.....

Don't know how Mark Few does it. Always gets top talent. They lost at least 3 starters from last season when they lost to NC in the championship game. He is probably turning millions of dollars down every year to coach elsewhere. Somewhere besides the middle of Washington State in a school with about 7400 students.....

https://www.gonzaga.edu/about/our-campus-location

:cool:

Was an adventure walking to elementary school each and every day. Had to take the alleys to avoid trouble, but the alleys intersected and the lads would wait around the corner, stop you, say: Give me your lunch money. If you had no lunch money they would say: Give me your lunch bag. Gave my lunch away every time.....

Don't know how Mark Few does it. Always gets top talent. They lost at least 3 starters from last season when they lost to NC in the championship game. He is probably turning millions of dollars down every year to coach elsewhere. Somewhere besides the middle of Washington State in a school with about 7400 students.....

UCLA has been after him seemingly since the Kiki Vandeweghe era.

They may be knocking again soon.

Alford may be running out of stepping stones.

You should have put Turbolax on your sandwiches instead of mayo.

Have loved Nevada since January, but they expended an awful lot of energy to finally finish off Texas. They only played six.

Cincinnati, like West Virginia, always seems to have one tournament game where the fouls pile up and they shoot about 32%.

If that game is tomorrow, you could be looking at Loyola vs Nevada with advancement to the Elite Eight at stake!

If Cincinnati and West V ever squared off you might need an extra ref like you do for certain hockey games, not to mention helmets and pads. That game might have to take place in a steel cage if it happened.

Could resemble the Xavier - Cincinnati brawl a few years ago.....

Could resemble the Xavier - Cincinnati brawl a few years ago.....

Horrible brawl, but child's play compared to Minnesota-Ohio State 1972, source of the Bill Musselman debacle brought up in another thread.

Luke Witte spent fifteen days in intensive care after first getting forcefully kneed in the groin, then literally getting his head stomped on by Ron Teaghen.

Dave Winfield was seen decking an Ohio State player coming to Witte's aid, clearing the way for Teaghen.

Two gopher players (not Winfield) were suspended for the rest of the year.

It's on YouTube but the quality isn't the best.