Rodney Coe is 6'3" 300lbs

The truth of the matter is Iowa should be excited about Cooper, Johnson, Faith and Ott. When they are upperclassman they should be great. Iowa has incredible defenses when their d-line is great. ISU fans would be pumped to have them clearly. However, if you tell me Iowa fans wouldn't be excited to see what this kind of athleticism can do at 305 well then you just don't enjoy good football. Razorback Recruit Rodney Coe Highlights - YouTube
Give it up man. We get that you like Rodney. He is no where near the same athleticism he was in this video. He is much slower. Much

Give it up man. We get that you like Rodney. He is no where near the same athleticism he was in this video. He is much slower. Much

Of course he is slower. He's 80 lbs heavier. That doesn't mean that he has gotten slow for a DT though. In fact, it is very exciting to see a guy with that speed now on the DL. Gives him athleticism at the DT spot that you don't see often.

He's going to be good, Hawk fans won't admit it, but he's going to be very good.

Of course he is slower. He's 80 lbs heavier. That doesn't mean that he has gotten slow for a DT though. In fact, it is very exciting to see a guy with that speed now on the DL. Gives him athleticism at the DT spot that you don't see often.

He's going to be good, Hawk fans won't admit it, but he's going to be very good.
It has to be hard to be fan of isu. Much the same as UNI you have to hope for screwups or others leftovers for excitement.

Good luck to dum dum and the isu fans who think he will last after the first grades are released

It has to be hard to be fan of isu. Much the same as UNI you have to hope for screwups or others leftovers for excitement.

Good luck to dum dum and the isu fans who think he will last after the first grades are released

Racist

He has never played a snap in D-1 Football. He was an decent Juco player. Nobody "knows" he will be good for ISU. All you Cyclone fans just envision him being a great DT because he was a high school All American RB. How is it that you know he will be great? You guys are prophets? Dont count your chickens..

Hes gonna be sooooo good that Wally can see letting him hit the field for 20-30 plays a game....wow, not that is a guy who is "very good" that he sees the field for 1/3 of the plays.

What did you wanna bet that this "very good" player gets drafted? I mean "very good" players get drafted into the NFL, especially 6'3 300 lbs athletic DLman that you don't normally see....

Davis is EXACTLY the reason I KNOW Coe will struggle. Both big kids, but there is much more to the DL than being big. Davis had an advantage of playing DL all through HS, and then practicing for 3 years now at a D1 school under good DL coaches, and had Doyle in the off season, and yet he still struggled to meet his potential his first 2 years. Hopefully he will break out now, but it isn't guaranteed. Plus Coe has sh1tty offers....only ISU and South Florida. This isn't 2011 dude, he is a 2013 JUCO recruit, all those schools passed on him as a DLman. They all wanted the 2011 Coe, NOT the 2013 Coe.

If you think it is easy to stroll into a D1 school, and all of a sudden be a good DLman when you haven't proven anything at that position in HS, or at the JUCO level, then you are a bigger fool than I even imagined you were......and I think you are a HUGE FREAKING FOOL already. If he will be soooooo good on the DL, why was he so crappy at it at the JUCO school?

Here is what it is really like on the DL, and this is exactly why Coe won't be that good this year........
No. 14 — DT Carl Davis | TheGazette

Most people realize until you have seen the field and proven it, predicting anything (even from a 4* kid) is foolish. "Johnson hasn’t played a down. So, for now, it’s 620 pounds (both are listed 310 in the media guide) of DT potential."

Yeah you're right I'm the fool. I mean if you don't grow up playing a position in HS you have zero chance of success in college. ZERO chance!

Being a Hawkeye fan you of all people should know that is as false as it gets. Ignorance at it's finest. A handful of your most storied players changed positions between the prep and collegiate level. Several of them changed positions while in college.

DJK was a QB in HS. Broke pretty much every Iowa receiving record.
Marvin McNutt was a QB while in college. Converted to WR and gets drafted to NFL.
Robert Gallery was a TE while in college. Converted to Tackle ends up being #2 overall draft pick.
Chad Greenway was a QB in HS. Converts to All-American linebacker.
Dallas Clark was a HS QB. Mackey award winner in college best TE in the country.
Karl Klug converts 220 pound linebacker to DL.
Micah Hyde HS QB to All-Conference corner.

Should I go on? I mean I remember the uproar a couple years ago when Derby was going to convert from QB to LB. I mean he was going to be the next great thing! I mean he was a four-star athlete and offered by tons of SEC schools. He'll be the real deal instantly! The best defensive player in the world JJ Watt was playing TE at directional Michigan to start his college career. Yeah though I'm the fool. Pure athleticism means nothing. Give me the guy with the potential. I don't want the guy who's been playing the position his entire life and has been a complete flop 3 years into his college career.

Young DL players struggle to adjust to college football. The adjustment period is normally longer for those who have less experience at their positions. Not really a far out theory.....but something a fool like you might find hard to grasp.

if you don't want the complete flop 3 years in, why do you want a complete JUCO flop 2 years into his college career? What make you think he is going to be way better against way better players at the D1 level than he was at the JUCO level.

Coe will be playing only his second game at DT when Iowa plays ISU. They should run right over him when they see him in. Sounds like ISU has been dealing with injury problems with their Dts. Three on their two deep have been out a lot of camp.

How dare you imply that a guy who failed to qualify out of high school might not be very smart!

There are lots of great people that have not even graduated one college....

Henry Ford
Miachel Dell
Bill Gates
Rachel Ray
Andrew Jackson
John D. Rockefeller
Face Book Guy
Steven Spielberg

Likes thats a pretty good list of company

I just figured you called him dum dum because he was black. Why else would you?
Oh I get it. Only black people can be dumb. Are you sure you aren't catching a glimpse in the mirror. I know you aren't brightest bulb since you can't follow a thread.....

I don't know is he black? I know noone named marsahl

Good one! I just figured Hawk fans wouldn't be dumb enough to call a player dum dum just because they had to got the JUCO route. Iowa's best players the past ten years have come from JUCO. Are they all dum dums?

Brad Banks
Shonn Greene
Clinton Solomon
Marshal Yanda
Amari Spievey

Good one! I just figured Hawk fans wouldn't be dumb enough to call a player dum dum just because they had to got the JUCO route. Iowa's best players the past ten years have come from JUCO. Are they all dum dums?

Brad Banks
Shonn Greene
Clinton Solomon
Marshal Yanda
Amari Spievey

Have any of these guys posted twitter pics of them holding guns while they were being recruited?

Latest posts