Rodney Coe is 6'3" 300lbs

Clones are going to have some real issues on the Dline. There is another player they are counting on contributing that won't be back either.

Clones are going to have some real issues on the Dline. There is another player they are counting on contributing that won't be back either.

Don't even sweat it bro, #Wallyisawizard. They'll be right back to building another streak of holding teams to 46 or fewer points in regulation in no time.

Vogs, you up to losing more $$$ this year? I know a bit more about ISU`s lines, and we will be better this year than we were last year.

Clonestar. Good thing you didn't put a bet on this. ISU's line was HORRIBLE last year. Gonna be much more of the same this year.

Davis is EXACTLY the reason I KNOW Coe will struggle. Both big kids, but there is much more to the DL than being big. Davis had an advantage of playing DL all through HS, and then practicing for 3 years now at a D1 school under good DL coaches, and had Doyle in the off season, and yet he still struggled to meet his potential his first 2 years. Hopefully he will break out now, but it isn't guaranteed. Plus Coe has sh1tty offers....only ISU and South Florida. This isn't 2011 dude, he is a 2013 JUCO recruit, all those schools passed on him as a DLman. They all wanted the 2011 Coe, NOT the 2013 Coe.

If you think it is easy to stroll into a D1 school, and all of a sudden be a good DLman when you haven't proven anything at that position in HS, or at the JUCO level, then you are a bigger fool than I even imagined you were......and I think you are a HUGE FREAKING FOOL already. If he will be soooooo good on the DL, why was he so crappy at it at the JUCO school?

Here is what it is really like on the DL, and this is exactly why Coe won't be that good this year........
No. 14 — DT Carl Davis | TheGazette

Most people realize until you have seen the field and proven it, predicting anything (even from a 4* kid) is foolish. "Johnson hasn’t played a down. So, for now, it’s 620 pounds (both are listed 310 in the media guide) of DT potential."

Yeah you're right I'm the fool. I mean if you don't grow up playing a position in HS you have zero chance of success in college. ZERO chance!

Being a Hawkeye fan you of all people should know that is as false as it gets. Ignorance at it's finest. A handful of your most storied players changed positions between the prep and collegiate level. Several of them changed positions while in college.

DJK was a QB in HS. Broke pretty much every Iowa receiving record.
Marvin McNutt was a QB while in college. Converted to WR and gets drafted to NFL.
Robert Gallery was a TE while in college. Converted to Tackle ends up being #2 overall draft pick.
Chad Greenway was a QB in HS. Converts to All-American linebacker.
Dallas Clark was a HS QB. Mackey award winner in college best TE in the country.
Karl Klug converts 220 pound linebacker to DL.
Micah Hyde HS QB to All-Conference corner.

Should I go on? I mean I remember the uproar a couple years ago when Derby was going to convert from QB to LB. I mean he was going to be the next great thing! I mean he was a four-star athlete and offered by tons of SEC schools. He'll be the real deal instantly! The best defensive player in the world JJ Watt was playing TE at directional Michigan to start his college career. Yeah though I'm the fool. Pure athleticism means nothing. Give me the guy with the potential. I don't want the guy who's been playing the position his entire life and has been a complete flop 3 years into his college career.

Still want Coe over Carl Davis? Anytime you go back and re read ISU fans predictions, they look like very bigger fools than ever.

What is so funny about the Clowns touting Coe and their defensive line is how bad they got manhandled by Iowa's offensive line. I think Mark Weisman had one of his best games against them. And this year...waiting for that momentum.

You look before any season and there will be some wrong and irrationally exuberant fans. Saw it a lot with Iowa basketball last year and we're seeing it going into next season as well.

You look before any season and there will be some wrong and irrationally exuberant fans. Saw it a lot with Iowa basketball last year and we're seeing it going into next season as well.

That isn't true. Iowa basketball was living up to all the hype and exceeding most of it 2/3 into the season. Then the wheels fell off for whatever reason. ISU got dominated by a D-II school the first week. The two arent close to comparable.

My guess is that Rodney Coe is going about 450 lbs now, although he's probably still 6'3".

stupidity has no color.

Actually, that's not true. Mustard and Ketchup seem to come up pretty regularly.

It's gonna be a fun opening day in Jack Trice...the Bison are licking their chops.

That reminds me that on ClownFantasies there is this ND Bison fan who is trolling the sh!t out of them telling them how they are gonna crush the Clown that opening week. Only ISU can get trolled like that by a FCS school.

That reminds me that on ClownFantasies there is this ND Bison fan who is trolling the sh!t out of them telling them how they are gonna crush the Clown that opening week. Only ISU can get trolled like that by a FCS school.

Haven't been over there, but how has he not got banned? Obvious trolling by outsiders is cause for a bannin.

that kid was a regular the year prior or whenever they last played. he is pretty much good spirited, i think is why he doesn't get the boot. plus, it would look pretty bad to lock out a fcs fan. as i recall, the bison almost had them the year i recall him trolling hard - so his efforts almost paid off. maybe he reap some fruit this year........

speaking of an fcs team licking their chops........

I had not seen that before. Well done. That site has more fantasies than the "Adult Superstore."

LakesBison is one of the most hardcore fans you will find anywhere. I think he has been calling into Twin Cities area sports talk radio for so long that his call in name is FIRE DENNY, from the tail end of the Dennis Green era up there.

LakesBison is one of the most hardcore fans you will find anywhere. I think he has been calling into Twin Cities area sports talk radio for so long that his call in name is FIRE DENNY, from the tail end of the Dennis Green era up there.

Thanks for the report. Always good to know there are bigger losers than me out there. I only poast, I don't listen to or call into sports talk radio save for listening to the post-game call-in shows after an Iowa loss when I am driving home. Man, those are great.

We have Earl from Oelwein, Earl what's on your mind?

Thanks for the taking the call. I was talking to Randy Jones about 6 weeks ago and he mentioned that the o-line strength seems to be down from last year. On that one 3rd down play where [insert QB's name from 2 decades ago] got sacked, I think it really showed. There's a kid in Barnum I heard about named [gibberish] and I was wondering if the staff is recruiting him. I'll hang up and listen to your response.

Thanks for the report. Always good to know there are bigger losers than me out there. I only poast, I don't listen to or call into sports talk radio save for listening to the post-game call-in shows after an Iowa loss when I am driving home. Man, those are great.

We have Earl from Oelwein, Earl what's on your mind?

Thanks for the taking the call. I was talking to Randy Jones about 6 weeks ago and he mentioned that the o-line strength seems to be down from last year. On that one 3rd down play where [insert QB's name from 2 decades ago] got sacked, I think it really showed. There's a kid in Barnum I heard about named [gibberish] and I was wondering if the staff is recruiting him. I'll hang up and listen to your response.
I was coming home from an Iowa game with my wife after a loss one Saturday and flipped on Sound Off. She asked if I had ever called in before and I told her no. She was surprised and asked why. I just turned up the sound and let her listen for 5 minutes, after which time she simply said "I understand now".

Rodney Coe thought about asking to come back

Per Tom Farniok and Cory Morrissey in Dallas - Rodney Coe talked with Iowa State's leadership council about coming back to the team. Morrissey said that Coe would have had to come back as a walk-on and be on a very "tight leash," but chose to attend Akron (where he is now) instead. I'll write more about this later. Farniok said things never got very serious. Kind of a non-story but I found it to be interesting.

It's so cute when clones desperately try to draw parallels which are flawed. But try, try you must. We understand.

Latest posts