Rev. Deuce Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should take that dumb shit right here----> https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/

Like-minded folks who share your same ideals, and you won't get bothered and annoyed by people who want to talk Hawkeye football.

Seriously. I mean why wouldn't you want to go discuss it in a purpose-built community made just for you?

You call it "jeebus voodoo" and that's OK but if someone else states a pro-Christian statement, that's somehow offensive and out of bounds. Got it.

You call it "jeebus voodoo" and that's OK but if someone else states a pro-Christian statement, that's somehow offensive and out of bounds. Got it.
Just keeping the balance.

Every yin has a yang, friend.

I can either see your Jolly Green Giant and raise you one Tooth Fairy, or you can turn your TV to Benny Hinn and get saved over there instead of bringing it to HN. Either way religion and politics is expressly verboten here and, like your asshole sounds, no one wants to hear your flat earth opinions. Trust me, it smells much worse than your toot flute.

Last edited:
So the kid doesn't listen to the coaches and likes to change the play at the line even when he is told not to? This kid could be better than John Elway but he ain't gonna play at Iowa if he does that. You have to be at least halfway through junior season to call an audible and then you have one choice, off tackle left.

Indeed.

I still recall CJ Beathard changing a goal line play to a bootleg against Purdue. It resulted in a touchdown, but Kirk was visibly upset. There may have been an aspect of not wanting to run up the score.
Whatever the case, that particular play seemed to earn CJ an inordinate amount of subsequent bench time during the Rudock/Beathard thunderdome era; And I noticed that Kirk had a very difficult time saying anything positive about CJ for quite awhile.

Quite the opposite. "If God be with you, who can stand against you". The Bible is if nothing else a book about taking a stand.

I know I probably should let it lie but I guess it depends on what stand you want to take. Are you talking about the rape, pillage, and conquering the world in the name of Christendom in the bible, old and new, and in life since or are you talking about the stand against inequities perpetrated against the poor and weak among us? A lot done for religious reasons is just plain wrong.

Just keeping the balance.

Every yin has a yang, friend.

I can either see your Jolly Green Giant and raise you one Tooth Fairy, or you can turn your TV to Benny Hinn and get saved over there instead of bringing it to HN. Either way religion and politics is expressly verboten here and, like your asshole sounds, no one wants to hear your flat earth opinions. Trust me, it smells much worse than your toot flute.

Thanks for your opinion.

I would say if religion is verboten here then comments expressing hate and derision for religion should also be. That makes sense to me.

As for Deuce, I hope he is like Tim Tebow in terms of character because most people, even those who don't believe in God, recognize Tebow is a good dude.

But I just hope he can throw better than TT cause that guy couldn't throw the pigskin for anything.

I don't want to copy-paste too much of their stuff (I can't recommend a subscription any more highly, you really need to get on this train), but this is too good not to share. Truly a match made in heaven:

During his quarterback’s freshman year, Kris told Deuce dozens of times during one game week to never check out of a certain call. It was a data-driven decision, the opponent had a blitz planned and Deuce needed to throw a specific route.

In the game, Grapevine Faith was pinned at its 13-yard line on the right hashmark. Kris sent in the play because he expected the blitz package.

“He walks up to the line of scrimmage and he looks around and he starts doing this yelling,” Kris said. “The guys upstairs go, ‘Oh my gosh, he’s changing the play.’ I’m about to stroke out on the sideline. It’s a state game, and I told him don’t change. Not only does he change the play, he changes it from a pass play to a run play. Quarterbacks usually don’t do that, especially young ones. He runs the ball into the boundary, tosses the ball into their boundary to (Faith’s) best player. So, when they snap the ball and I saw it was developing, I was just like, ‘Are you kidding me?’ Kid goes around the corner for 70.
Concur...The Athletic is a must read every day, cheap...plug in the teams you want to read about...boom...nirvana...

We had our Christmas pageant and brunch yesterday at church. Me, Ma and the boy bellied up near some old guys who I had seen but never talked to. Turned out they were both from Iowa (imagine that, Lutherans from Iowa) and when I told them I was a Hawk fan they both started bitching about the offense. Even houses of worship have factions that hate Brian Ferentz.
A lot of people want Iowa to have a better offense, bitch about the ineptitude of such offense, and rightly so...but still like Kirk and want him to be Iowa's coach for a long time.

I'm all for hyping players and everything...but I'd like Duece to ask the Lord to help with his accuracy. He completed about 54% in high school and it doesn't get any easier in college.

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch
I was with my wife in Amsterdam a few years ago, waiting to get a rental car which we had reserved. Talked to the Dutch guy at the counter and he knew I was an American right off. Long line..."sir, go take a seat over there and I will get to you as soon as I can." He took care of 5-6 people behind me then called me back up. "OK, how can I help you?" I gave him my drivers license and reservation...he was in complete silence, pale...and finally said, "Oh, I am so sorry Mr XXX, I didn't realize you are Dutch???" "Yah, my wife and I are both Dutch, but we are Americans." "I am so sorry for making you wait, here is your free upgrade, once again, I am so sorry." Thanks for nothing Hans.

I'm all for hyping players and everything...but I'd like Duece to ask the Lord to help with his accuracy. He completed about 54% in high school and it doesn't get any easier in college.
Tough to compare accuracy percentage without knowing if he had a functioning offensive line and receivers who could get open, also, the average length of his pass attempts.

His completion percentage won't matter much at Iowa...just don't change any of the plays scripted by the OC, and he will be fine.

According to this site, Stanley's stats in high school (started 3 seasons, including an injury shortened junior year). Note, these numbers are a bit different than what Iowa's site has for his HS stats:
26 games, 195/420 (46.4%), 3446 yards, 8.2 yds/att, 132 yds/game, 35 TDs/12 Int

Spencer Petras' stats (as starter for junior and senior years):

27 games, 544/923 (58.9%), 7193 yards, 7.8 yds/att, 266 yds/game, 84 TDs/10 int

Deuce Hogan's stats (4 year starter):

48 games, 589/1110, 8180 yards, 7.4 yds/att, 170.4 yds/game, 100 TDs/33 int

Deuce as junior/senior:
23 games, 268/539 (49.7%), 3878 yards, 7.2 yds/att, 169 yds/game, 48 TDs/12 int

Peyton Mansell as junior/senior starter:
23 games, 327/501 (65.3%), 4268 yards, 8.5 yds/att, 186 yds/game, 53 TDs/10 int
278 carries for 1790 yds (6.4 ypc), 25 TDs

Alex Padilla as junior/senior starter:
25 games, 345/503 (68.5%), 4570 yards, 9.1 yds/att, 183 yds/game, 64TDs/11 int

Last edited:
Won't be long and the University left wing thought police will be searching his tweets and e-mails from grade school to see if they can convict him of "not being one of them"

Yep. Remember the football players photographed with Trump before election? Imagine that now.

You guys should take that dumb shit right here----> https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/

Like-minded folks who share your same ideals, and you won't get bothered and annoyed by people who want to talk Hawkeye football.

Seriously. I mean why wouldn't you want to go discuss it in a purpose-built community made just for you?

Um because it is part of the very fabric of the individual being discussed in the thread if you read his twitter posts? The dude asked how he could chide the Huskers if he was such a good boy. I am sure he doesn't claim to be perfect.

Won't be long and the University left wing thought police will be searching his tweets and e-mails from grade school to see if they can convict him of "not being one of them"

"Deuce is no longer with the program as a result of violation of the University's Code of Conduct. It has come to our attention that in 2014, Deuce tweeted a picture of a white male with long brown hair with a caption that said "Jesus is my boss." The University's Code of Conduct specifically prohibits representations of Jesus as a white male. Deuce admitted that he made the tweet, he removed the offending tweet and apologized, thereby demonstrating to the satisfaction of the Dean of Diversity and Inclusion that Deuce did make the tweet. A number of students have commented about how they do not feel safe with transphobic racists on campus and after a hearing in front of the Dean of Diversity and Inclusion, Deuce was removed from the University."

I know I probably should let it lie but I guess it depends on what stand you want to take. Are you talking about the rape, pillage, and conquering the world in the name of Christendom in the bible, old and new, and in life since or are you talking about the stand against inequities perpetrated against the poor and weak among us? A lot done for religious reasons is just plain wrong.

Or we could talk about how churches feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless. Churches do pretty well at those things.

"Deuce is no longer with the program as a result of violation of the University's Code of Conduct. It has come to our attention that in 2014, Deuce tweeted a picture of a white male with long brown hair with a caption that said "Jesus is my boss." The University's Code of Conduct specifically prohibits representations of Jesus as a white male. Deuce admitted that he made the tweet, he removed the offending tweet and apologized, thereby demonstrating to the satisfaction of the Dean of Diversity and Inclusion that Deuce did make the tweet. A number of students have commented about how they do not feel safe with transphobic racists on campus and after a hearing in front of the Dean of Diversity and Inclusion, Deuce was removed from the University."
Pretty close! Just wait.

Fry, most of the time you are witty. At times you are an ass. This is one of those times.

We know you aren't fond of women. You aren't fond of God.

Doesn't leave me left but a bitter old man/ref?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts