Rev. Deuce Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could talk about how churches feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless. Churches do pretty well at those things.
A toddler’s brain can conclude that you don’t need an imaginary goomba man in the sky to be nice to people.

Rape boys, arrange marriages, behead people in the desert, crusade across Europe, hate everyone who doesn’t believe in their particular comic book, don’t pay taxes, shoot rockets over walls, let’s sterilize Alan Turing ‘cause he’s gay maybe...but why don’t we just look past it because they hand out sack lunches and donate some mosquito nets. Yeeeaaahhh...

Wacko people believing dumb ghost stories have killed and enslaved billions more people than they’ll ever save digging fresh water ditches to houses in Haiti, Jack. You don’t have to kneel down to some guy with a funny hat and kiss his ring to help and comfort people. Learning that is what separates knuckle dragging cavemen from humans.

Last edited:
I know I probably should let it lie but I guess it depends on what stand you want to take. Are you talking about the rape, pillage, and conquering the world in the name of Christendom in the bible, old and new, and in life since or are you talking about the stand against inequities perpetrated against the poor and weak among us? A lot done for religious reasons is just plain wrong.
Oh I know. There are many things that various religions and I don't see eye to eye on.
Interpretation of is probably something mankind is horrible at and yet something they so want to do. People love to jump to conclusions and read their agenda into everything. But that is not what the Bible says. Actually it says the opposite.
So the problem is two fold, misinterpretation and the fact that everyone wants to interject their personal agenda. Because you don't have preachers living in 10 million dollar houses without personal agenda. You don't have people killing each other without misinterpretation.

Or we could talk about how churches feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless. Churches do pretty well at those things.

Churches are also great places for child abuse and lining your own pocket. Both are pretty rampant in churches.

Franklin Graham is an idiot except he knows how to make money. He's pretty good at that while feeding the poor.

I don't agree with Fry at all, but don't go expousing churches. Ask former state rep from eastern Iowa why he voted against changing the statute of limitations of child abuse. It's because he was afraid it would bankrupt his church. Churches are as bad as Hollywood and Fox and NBC.

https://www.newsweek.com/billy-graham-net-worth-814750

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...-sexual-abuse-spreads-as-leaders-13588038.php

Fry, most of the time you are witty. At times you are an ass. This is one of those times.

We know you aren't fond of women. You aren't fond of God.

Doesn't leave me left but a bitter old man/ref?
Sorry you feel that way. It isn’t gonna change my mind.

You can call me whatever names you want, but if you want to say I’m a woman hater you need some proof. Don’t invent shit to make a point that isn’t there. That’s weak, and I know you’re smarter than that. Don’t be lazy.

Last, I’m not bitter at all. I don’t have a bunch of guilt from some jackwad at a pulpit weighing me down. I enjoy my life quite much. The religious people don’t like me though, because it isn’t fair that I can be happy without their junk. Whether it’s jealousy or just hate because I ain’t one of them is academic. I can’t say I care enough to spend much time deciding.

Look, there are plenty of people in the world and plenty on HN who see the same hilarity and hypocrisy that I do, but understandably they don’t say anything because they don’t want the wrath of the weirdos coming down on them and they don’t want to offend anyone. The only difference between me and them is that I point it out. And the only reason the flat earthers are offended is because it makes sense and they can’t prove their points otherwise. If it makes you feel better, by all means comfort yourself by “knowing” that I’m gonna go to Heck when I croak.

I still love you guys.

Last edited:
A toddler’s brain can conclude that you don’t need an imaginary goomba man in the sky to be nice to people.

Rape boys, arrange marriages, behead people in the desert, crusade across Europe, hate everyone who doesn’t believe in their particular comic book, don’t pay taxes, shoot rockets over walls, let’s sterilize Alan Turing ‘cause he’s gay maybe...but let’s look past it because they hand out sack lunches and donate some mosquito nets. Yeeeaaahhh...

Wacko people believing dumb ghost stories have killed and enslaved billions of people more than they’ll ever save digging fresh water ditches to houses in Haiti, Jack. You don’t have to kneel down to some guy with a funny hat and kiss his ring to help and comfort people. Learning that is what separates knuckle dragging cavemen from humans.

And there is a difference between being a good person and a great person.
I bet you are one of those guys that goes to a magic show and then has to figure out and tell someone how it was done. How then can you expect or see a miracle if you don't believe in them?
Do you believe that humans are the smartest, most advanced beings there is anywhere? Dude we can't even see everywhere. Ween see in the same light spectrum as other things living on this planet. Out of everything that could possibly be known, we are not even scratching the surface.

Last edited:
And there is a difference between being a good person and a great person.
I bet you are one of those guys that goes to a magic show and then has to figure out and tell someone how it was done. How then can you expect or see a miracle if you don't believe in them?
Do you believe that humans are the smartest, most advanced beings there is anywhere? Dude we can't even see everywhere. Ween see in the same light spectrum as other things living on this planet. Out of everything that could possibly be known, we are not even scratching the surface.
Wut?

I’m one of the dumbest people I know, and I’m the last person who’d be able to figure out how magic tricks work.

And because I’m such a simpleton, imagine how frustrating it is to see people eat the shit that the popes and rabbis and shahs other assorted pastoral brainwashees are shoveling in their mouths. All because their grandparents’ grandparents’ grandparents’ grandparents’ grandparents had it beat into ‘em with a stick for fear of going to heck.

Shame.

Sorry you feel that way. It isn’t gonna change my mind.

You can call me whatever names you want, but if you want to say I’m a woman hater you need some proof. Don’t invent shit to make a point that isn’t there. That’s weak, and I know you’re smarter than that. Don’t be lazy.

Last, I’m not bitter at all. I don’t have a bunch of guilt from some jackwad at a pulpit weighing me down. I enjoy my life quite much. The religious people don’t like me though, because it isn’t fair that I can be happy without their junk. Whether it’s jealousy or just hate because I ain’t one of them is academic. I can’t say I care enough to spend much time deciding.

Look, there are plenty of people in the world and plenty on HN who see the same hilarity and hypocrisy that I do, but understandably they don’t say anything because they don’t want the wrath of the weirdos coming down on them and they don’t want to offend anyone. The only difference between me and them is that I point it out. And the only reason the flat earthers are offended is because it makes sense and they can’t prove their points otherwise. If it makes you feel better, by all means comfort yourself by “knowing” that I’m gonna go to Heck when I croak.

I still love you guys.

I don't disagree about church's in general. That said, what I was speaking about was the taking it elsewhere. Faith issues are no more taboo than discussions about morality, which does take place here. And you are welcome to your opinion.

As far as croaking:
GNoaGIv.gif

Wut?

I’m one of the dumbest people I know, and I’m the last person who’d be able to figure out how magic tricks work.

And because I’m such a simpleton, imagine how frustrating it is to see people eat the shit that the popes and rabbis and shahs other assorted pastoral brainwashees are shoveling in their mouths. All because their grandparents’ grandparents’ grandparents’ grandparents’ grandparents had it beat into ‘em with a stick for fear of going to heck.

Shame.

What most people complain about with religion or God, is the inequity of man. The way they understand it and what they do with it. That's why I said what I did about interpretation of and injection of personal agenda. That does not make the lesson or God less real.
Then there are people who say it's imaginary.
A slight of hand. I say so you are telling me that you think humans are the most evolved beings in everything that is? Because if you do are you not saying that man himself has reached his peak and will not evolve further?
You better hope there is something else more evolved if for no other reason than that.

Rape boys, arrange marriages, behead people in the desert, crusade across Europe, hate everyone who doesn’t believe in their particular comic book, don’t pay taxes, shoot rockets over walls, let’s sterilize Alan Turing ‘cause he’s gay maybe...but why don’t we just look past it because they hand out sack lunches and donate some mosquito nets. Yeeeaaahhh...

Wacko people believing dumb ghost stories have killed and enslaved billions more people than they’ll ever save digging fresh water ditches to houses in Haiti, Jack. You don’t have to kneel down to some guy with a funny hat and kiss his ring to help and comfort people. Learning that is what separates knuckle dragging cavemen from humans.
You have quite a repertoire of stereotypes there bro!

You have quite a repertoire of stereotypes there bro!
Countries that have no religion or that don't worship a specific deity have literally done nothing wrong in the history of mankind. Basically, if you read history, you'll learn that the only wrongs committed in the entire course of human history were done by Christian, cis, white males. Think about it!

Churches are also great places for child abuse and lining your own pocket. Both are pretty rampant in churches.

Franklin Graham is an idiot except he knows how to make money. He's pretty good at that while feeding the poor.

I don't agree with Fry at all, but don't go expousing churches. Ask former state rep from eastern Iowa why he voted against changing the statute of limitations of child abuse. It's because he was afraid it would bankrupt his church. Churches are as bad as Hollywood and Fox and NBC.

https://www.newsweek.com/billy-graham-net-worth-814750

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...-sexual-abuse-spreads-as-leaders-13588038.php

All abuse of people/money/power is unacceptable but it is "rampant" mostly because those who report on it are advised to find "negative stories about religion" (other than Islam which would be racist). That such abuses exist is sad, especially for the victims.

Back to the thread...I hope Moses Hogan will lead us to "places unknown"...assuming Star Trek isn't too "religious"

Countries that have no religion or that don't worship a specific deity have literally done nothing wrong in the history of mankind. Basically, if you read history, you'll learn that the only wrongs committed in the entire course of human history were done by Christian, cis, white males. Think about it!
Muslims were (and still are) the primary slave traders in early America.

Native Americans were also into torture and kidnapping others for slaves.

But ok...I suppose they learned it from white males.

The University of Georgia wanted to rent a helicopter and land it at the 50 yrd line at his high school stadium. Hogan's school gave a big "no" to that. Baylor is being relentless in trying to change his mind.

Over 500 recognized deities in the world, but dont worry...yours is the real one.

Raised catholic, I believe in God(or the idea of one at least), but also recognize the hypocrisy of man made religion and the oppressive history of it.

Grace and virtue, those things I think most can get behind. Both are things I personally can also struggle with.

Faith can be a fantastic tool, or weapon. Religion is used for good by some, and for control and greed by others.

WWFD

What would Fry do?

Happy Holidays fellas

Holy crap. This escalated quickly!

Back to Duece, what are the odds he takes any meaningful snaps this year? I think he will need a year or two. I'm trying to pump the brakes on my own hype. But his offers..... dang, Gina.

Holy crap. This escalated quickly!

Back to Duece, what are the odds he takes any meaningful snaps this year? I think he will need a year or two. I'm trying to pump the brakes on my own hype. But his offers..... dang, Gina.
A little bit of Iowa QB coaching and the Heisman is his!!!!!

Over 500 recognized deities in the world, but dont worry...yours is the real one.

Raised catholic, I believe in God(or the idea of one at least), but also recognize the hypocrisy of man made religion and the oppressive history of it.

Grace and virtue, those things I think most can get behind. Both are things I personally can also struggle with.

Faith can be a fantastic tool, or weapon. Religion is used for good by some, and for control and greed by others.

WWFD

What would Fry do?

Happy Holidays fellas
Mrs Fry Iowa..."Hi, pastor, thanks for taking the time to meet with me. FryIowa passed away suddenly, and I am wondering if you would do the funeral for him? His heart was in the right place and he was a good man."

Pastor..."Nah, not interested, not going to make up a bunch of fake crap about him in a sermon he didn't believe in."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts