Request of Iowa State

Hey clowns, get back to us when your .500 coach has your juco squad prepared to compete every week against every opponent.
Neither rhodes nor any of his predecessors has put together a complete, consistent season in...ever.
Revel in the epic 9-6 beatdown. But also know that you're a perennial also-ran.
And be sure to come back to HN when you achieve an 8+ win season and gain a BCS bowl invite. At that point, you'll have something to boast about; right now, you have nothing.

I think what people are saying is that they wish ISU would do better so Hawk fans could cry about losing to a good team rather than a below average one from a better conference.

I think what people are saying is that they wish ISU would do better so Hawk fans could cry about losing to a good team rather than a below average one from a better conference.

Yep.
This thread has nothing to do with Iowa or excuses or anything. We're a turd sammich and we know it.
It's just a collective wish/hope that teh clown does exactly what you said above.
Lotsa big-time chirping coming out of Ames. Now go back it up, all season long.

If you thinking ISU recruits all year, lifts all year at 5 in morning, has two a day practices, etc. ONLY to beat Iowa in the "super bowl".... More power to you if it makes you feel better. Ask any true ISU fan and the Okie St game meant more to us than beating the almighty Hawks last year.

The okie st. game should have meant more......Losing to ISU is a indication that Iowa isn't any good it doesn't indicate that ISU is a good football team. Btw, the whole "super bowl" thing left with Dan McCarney

Last edited:

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Hey clowns, get back to us when your .500 coach has your juco squad prepared to compete every week against every opponent.
Neither rhodes nor any of his predecessors has put together a complete, consistent season in...ever.
Revel in the epic 9-6 beatdown. But also know that you're a perennial also-ran.
And be sure to come back to HN when you achieve an 8+ win season and gain a BCS bowl invite. At that point, you'll have something to boast about; right now, you have nothing.

Your worst enemy is your own fan base, dude. Don't take it out on the Cyclone fans.

no, hawk fans will cry not matter what. ISU has 3 TOs inside the 10 yd line and still manages to win?!?!?! That game should have been a 20 point schlacking.

True of every program, and every message board. Don't lump me in with them. Some of us are on to next week already. So should ISU.

ISU is one of the easier games on Iowa's schedule as well, which is why it's so disappointing to lose to them.

My guess is that the season will prove this to be incorrect. Iowa will do a lot better once conference play begins. ISU dominated in every category, even tournovers:D

Your worst enemy is your own fan base, dude. Don't take it out on the Cyclone fans.

Agree to disagree.
How many of your brethren are still chirping about the OK St game last season?
Hint: all of them.
The phrase "act like you belong" leaps to mind. Y'all talk about conference superiority, but what are you doing to contribute? Zilch. You're along for the ride, always have been, always will be.
It ain't the Iowa fanbase who repeats this crap, it's the clownz.
As far as conferences go, isu was born on 2nd base but you act like you hit a double.

I just heard that both teams have a game next Saturday. Maybe we should start about 400,000 new threads?

I just heard that both teams have a game next Saturday. Maybe we should start about 400,000 new threads?

There are already several threads dedicated to the UNI game. I'm in transition phase right now. :)

golf = most important shot is the next one

politics = always about the next election

business = always the next deal

football = always the next game

Agree to disagree.
The phrase "act like you belong" leaps to mind. Y'all talk about conference superiority, but what are you doing to contribute? Zilch. You're along for the ride, always have been, always will be.
As far as conferences go, isu was born on 2nd base but you act like you hit a double.

Um, 98% of our fan base over thirty years of age or so are still chirping about the 85 Michigan game. And we just honored the 87 basketball team at Carver.

Yep.
This thread has nothing to do with Iowa or excuses or anything. We're a turd sammich and we know it.
It's just a collective wish/hope that teh clown does exactly what you said above.
Lotsa big-time chirping coming out of Ames. Now go back it up, all season long.

I really don't think it's a shame to lose to this Cyclone team. This will probably be the best overall team they've ever had.

Agree to disagree.

ISU is a program in transition. Sure, it's slow, but progress is being made. Any Cyclone fan that thinks ISU has earned a right to be mentioned with the big boys is a fool, but those types are few and far between. ISU is rising. It's not a bad thing for the state of Iowa.

I am hopefull ISU can go on to bigger and better things. DMC was a great guy but had too many flaws, not getting rid of bad assistants and goin conservative with small leads to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

golf = most important shot is the next one

politics = always about the next election

business = always the next deal

football = always the next game

Methinks you need to work on adding women to your list, amigo. ;)

ISU is a program in transition. Sure, it's slow, but progress is being made. Any Cyclone fan that thinks ISU has earned a right to be mentioned with the big boys is a fool, but those types are few and far between. ISU is rising. It's not a bad thing for the state of Iowa.

Dude, your "program" has been engaged in football activities for something like 120 years. When does the transition phase result in something?
I hope your great-, great-, great-grandchildren will still be clown fans, 'cause the transition sure is taking a loonng time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts