Request of Iowa State

Um, 98% of our fan base over thirty years of age or so are still chirping about the 85 Michigan game. And we just honored the 87 basketball team at Carver.

$(KGrHqJHJC4E8+3UtUlhBPRNwQENKQ~~60_35.JPG

Dude, your "program" has been engaged in football activities for something like 120 years. When does the transition phase result in something?
I hope your great-, great-, great-grandchildren will still be clown fans, 'cause the transition sure it taking a loonng time.

Maybe this year. Maybe 5 years from now. Who knows. But being blind to it doesn't make it go away or mean that it isn't happening. You know that.

Maybe this year. Maybe 5 years from now. Who knows. But being blind to it doesn't make it go away our mean that it isn't happening. You know that.

Jury is out, pal.
Let's see where you stand at the end of the season. If it's another 5-6 win season, I'll go out on a limb and say you ain't making progress. Sorry, but the numbers never lie.
Don't confuse an infusion of energy and PR (rhoads and pullhard) with actual success.

I would love to win 8-10 games, but we don't play in the B1G.

It's tough to beat the southern teams when you have 1/10th the budget and 1 BCS instate-recruit to every 300 Texas and Oklahoma have. Thankfully with the new Big XII, we'll have equal revenue sharing, that will put us in a more favorable position but it will take time.

Jury is out, pal.
Let's see where you stand at the end of the season. If it's another 5-6 win season, I'll go out on a limb and say you ain't making progress. Sorry, but the numbers never lie.
Don't confuse an infusion of energy and PR (rhoads and pullhard) with actual success.

I don't disagree. Wins are the be all, end all in sports.

I would love to win 8-10 games, but we don't play in the B1G.

It's tough to beat the southern teams when you have 1/10th the budget and 1 BCS instate-recruit to every 300 Texas and Oklahoma have. Thankfully with the new Big XII, we'll have equal revenue sharing, that will put us in a more favorable position but it will take time.

Please.
Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Kansas, YOU, and K State have had waaaaaaay more pizz-poor teams and seasons than good ones, including the current iterations.
Shoot, even ok state is a very recent success story - they have nothing long term to boast about, no tradition of winning.
It's OK and TX and a bunch of creampuffs. Truth hurts, buddy.

Please.
Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Kansas, YOU, and K State have had waaaaaaay more pizz-poor teams and seasons than good ones, including the current iterations.
Shoot, even ok state is a very recent success story - they have nothing long term to boast about, no tradition of winning.
It's OK and TX and a bunch of creampuffs. Truth hurts, buddy.

You're a ******* of the highest order. Here is how the conferences did yesterday, you may notice that once again the B10 is a joke.

PAC: 6-1 vs BCS (86%); 1-1 vs non-BCS
BXII: 3-1 vs BCS (75%); 3-0 vs non-BCS
BE: 3-2 vs BCS (60%); 3-0 vs non-BCS
ACC: 4-3 vs BCS (57%); 3-0 vs non-BCS
SEC: 4-3 vs BCS (57%); 5-1 vs non-BCS
B10: 0-5 vs BCS (0%); 3-0 vs non-BCS

The actual truth is that the B10 has been, currently is and will continue to be awful.

hahahaha
look at the brain surgeon who bases his entire argument on the results of one day's worth of non-con games.
Hooray for CaptPortoReekin'!!

you're my new hero, guy

hahahaha
look at the brain surgeon who bases his entire argument on the results of one day's worth of non-con games.
Hooray for CaptPortoReekin'!!

you're my new hero, guy

Looking it up, the B10 actually went 1-6 against BCS caliber teams with NW beating Vandy.

It's not based off one day. It's based off years of under performing. I know you can't take the blinders off due to probable fetal alcohol issues, but there is a lot of reasons and evidence as to why the B10 is considered at the level of the ACC.

Looking it up, the B10 actually went 1-6 against BCS caliber teams with NW beating Vandy.

It's not based off one day. It's based off years of under performing. I know you can't take the blinders off due to probable fetal alcohol issues, but there is a lot of reasons and evidence as to why the B10 is considered at the level of the ACC.

The Big Ten looks terrible this year. Conceded. But...

Look at the venues as well. The B1G played four of those six BCS foes on the road. That's a huge deal (compare Iowa's results vs. ASU in 2003 and 2004; and Arizona in 2009 and 2010). ISU beat Iowa at Kinnick and Illinois got slaughtered in Tempe, but Wisconsin, Penn State, and Nebraska all have a lot better chance at winning in their own time zones.

For clarity purposes, let me emphasize that I am not arguing that the B1G is better than any other power conference. However, I do think you are over-generalizing based on one weekend's games, and it has been better, even in the very recent past.

The B1G needs OSU and Michigan to be good to compete nationally, which they're not now. But just like the B1G is down now, give K-State and Okie State a few years to fizzle out (even if temporarily). Just the way it goes.

Don't argue with the Reekin', Cover. He's right, you're wrong, and that's that.

Agree to disagree.How many of your brethren are still chirping about the OK St game last season?Hint: all of them.The phrase "act like you belong" leaps to mind. Y'all talk about conference superiority, but what are you doing to contribute? Zilch. You're along for the ride, always have been, always will be.It ain't the Iowa fanbase who repeats this crap, it's the clownz.As far as conferences go, isu was born on 2nd base but you act like you hit a double.
ISU is a program in transition. Sure, it's slow, but progress is being made. Any Cyclone fan that thinks ISU has earned a right to be mentioned with the big boys is a fool, but those types are few and far between. ISU is rising. It's not a bad thing for the state of Iowa.

cant disagree.

Latest posts