Recruiting Roundup

I looked about an hour ago and saw like 7 or 8 guys changed their crystal ball to Michigan. This doesn't hurt as bad as Oliver Martin last year but still hurts. Ben will be a heck of a player.

Dallas would be awesome to have in the fold. They've been on him for what seems like ages.

I rooting for Wilson to find a good fit. Seems like a nice kid. And I think he would have ended up here had he visited this weekend.

i was too and i agree that it felt like he would pick Iowa when he visited, if it felt right. He also has a BYU offer, right? I think Petras is the guy for us and wilson probably better for OSU, although, I think he picks BYU.

i was too and i agree that it felt like he would pick Iowa when he visited, if it felt right. He also has a BYU offer, right? I think Petras is the guy for us and wilson probably better for OSU, although, I think he picks BYU.

Yes. Wilson also had BYU but he did choose to officially visit us. He wouldn't have been able to visit BYU because the dead period starts tomorrow. Just seemed to line up for him to come here. I do think he will pick BYU as he ended up visiting there this weekend instead. He won't be able to get to Oregon State and he wants to sign early and enroll in January.

Caught up with Will Honas briefly this morning. He enjoyed his Nebraska official during the weekend. I asked when and how he was going to announce his commitment and he said he was not sure yet. He said the plan still was to sign on Wednesday. I asked if it was a tough decision:

"Tough one, for sure."

Caught up with Will Honas briefly this morning. He enjoyed his Nebraska official during the weekend. I asked when and how he was going to announce his commitment and he said he was not sure yet. He said the plan still was to sign on Wednesday. I asked if it was a tough decision:

"Tough one, for sure."

His Hudl video looks really good. Not sure about the competition he's facing but he looks miles faster than everyone and doesn't shy away from laying the thunder on RB's

I spoke with Chad Stadem, Seth Benson's coach at Sioux Falls Washington High. I'll write up a full story later.

The highlights of our conversation:

-Benson likely will wait until February to sign. He'd like to take an official visit to Iowa in January.

-The Benson family is very tied into South Dakota State, the school he committed to in the summer. His dad played there, his brother played there, his mother and sister played volleyball there.

-Benson visited Sunday and also visited during the season. Iowa has been recruiting him since he was a junior.

-Stadem seemed to think Benson would want to test himself in the Big Ten but the family ties to SDSU could make it a tough decision.

I'll have more when I write up the story later.

Latest posts