Recruiting Roundup

Something I saw on another site Rob, Mario Goodrich, a 4-star WR decommitted from Nebraska recently. Iowa have a shot with him?

i think i've compared Baldwin to Mansell, so this one doesn't bother me. I do think we need one of the other 2 qb's we've offered recently.

i think i've compared Baldwin to Mansell, so this one doesn't bother me. I do think we need one of the other 2 qb's we've offered recently.
I'm not so sure we do. Unless Boyle or Wiegers transfer out honestly I think we could skip this class of getting a QB. We have 3 QBs as of now that'll have 2 or more years of eligibility left. I think we are in good shape if there's no attrition. We need WRs and DBs maybe even a TE if Torres indeed decommitted way more

I'm not so sure we do. Unless Boyle or Wiegers transfer out honestly I think we could skip this class of getting a QB. We have 3 QBs as of now that'll have 2 or more years of eligibility left. I think we are in good shape if there's no attrition. We need WRs and DBs maybe even a TE if Torres indeed decommitted way more

i personally think both boyle and wiegers will transfer. that's just my opinion. i think we actually NEED a qb in '18, now.

i personally think both boyle and wiegers will transfer. that's just my opinion. i think we actually NEED a qb in '18, now.
I think Boyle stays. At this point he might realize he might be better off practicing and just continuing to collect a free exucation.
Tyler might go, but he probably realizes that he is one play away from starting and a grad transfer will not guarantee playing time.

That said, wd still want to take a QB every class. You never know when you will luck into Ricky Stanzi - a QB who was probably meant to be a career back up who grows into a decent/good starter.

They very well might. I hope the coaches have an idea of if either or even both are. I sure hope both don't... But yeah if either do then for sure we'll need one. And maybe just the possibility of that hanging out there is reason enough to.

They very well might. I hope the coaches have an idea of if either or even both are. I sure hope both don't... But yeah if either do then for sure we'll need one. And maybe just the possibility of that hanging out there is reason enough to.

well, neither is going to beat out Stanley, so injury is the only option. Frankly, I'm surprised TW didn't transfer prior to this season to give himself 2 seasons at a lower level school.

Nothing shocks me anymore, but I would be surprised if Wiegers and Boyle are with us next season.

Caught up with '18 Indianapolis 4-star RB Markese Stepp. Kelvin Bell and Kirk Ferentz will be visiting him on Tuesday. He recently de-committed from Notre Dame. He's officially visiting Indiana this weekend.

Here's his Rivals profile: LINK

Caught up with '18 Indianapolis 4-star RB Markese Stepp. Kelvin Bell and Kirk Ferentz will be visiting him on Tuesday. He recently de-committed from Notre Dame. He's officially visiting Indiana this weekend.

Here's his Rivals profile: LINK
That would be a HUGE get. This kid is an absolute bull. Very similar to Jonathan Taylor, but probably a little less fast.

Iowa was in early on Stepp but he grabbed the ND offer and committed quickly.

Here's a story I wrote after Iowa offered: LINK

Latest posts