Rebrotcha-watch...

I would be surprised if he was not back. Unless he is dying to start making a little scratch overseas, this is a great gig for a 22 year old.

From the little sample size, I wonder if we have missed on both of our young centers. Don't get me wrong, Josh came in and did a wail of a job yesterday. But, beyond being really big, he sure doesn't look like he has the skills to play 25+ minutes. Mulvey has had no opportunity really, and he is very young. But, what little we have seen to date is not encouraging. That said, big men usually take longer.

If I were Fran, I would strongly consider a transfer big. With Keegan gone and Kris likely starting, who is your post off the bench? Its gotta be one of these two. Yikes.
Mulvey is an unknown. Remember he agreed to come to Iowa a year early. This was like a red shirt year as it turned out. I believe tat was Fran’s plan for him all along. I think he will get a lot of time at the 5 next year.

I agree that the league drafts more on potential and eyeball, than stat lines. So, you each have a bit of a point.

But, let's look at it another way. If Keegan Murray did not exist, would there even be a discussion about a bench player from Iowa averaging 7 points a game being drafted???? Answer the question to yourself honestly, boys. You know the answer.

Just because they are twins does not mean they have the same game. They already don't. Despite all of our hopes and dreams to the contrary, Kris is never going to be Keegan. Keegan is more athletic and has better intangible instincts. Do I believe that Kris can develop into a draftable NBA talent? Yes. Do I believe he will? 50/50. Do I believe he is shown enough to warrant leaving this year? Nope.

He needs to come back and show next year. He will get the benefit of the doubt because of his brother. But, he doesn't get a free pass into the league because of his brother.
This pretty well sums it up for me.

Mulvey is an unknown. Remember he agreed to come to Iowa a year early. This was like a red shirt year as it turned out. I believe tat was Fran’s plan for him all along. I think he will get a lot of time at the 5 next year.

Riley has potential on D, for certain

He does have moves on offense

He has an inside game around the basket

Simply hasn't had the playing time to develop his game

He will be alright

Ogy has a year of experience practicing against Luka

He has value on defense

Very Large body to keep the Cockburns, Willams, and Edeys of the World
away from the basket

We do need a stud center though

A slamming jamming Beast

I would welcome back. He is a hard worker, but he is playing out of position. He got screwed out of a lot of over the back no calls in the BTT. But, it would be nice if Fran can shore up that center position some. Maybe O and Mulvey will be more game ready to take more more minutes next year.
"over the back no calls in the BTT" You want to punish a kid for being 7'4"? There is no such call for being taller and grabbing the rebound from behind. Although he was pushed from behind a couple different times for rebounds. But I saw that no call on both ends.

Would love to see him back, but I will hold off on any predictions on that or for that matter who Fran plays at any given time. Apparently, I suck at predicting shit.

I'd started a thread about watching for Kris's development down the stretch awhile ago. But he hasn't gotten consistent. Still coming off the bench and getting into foul trouble is making his mins sporadic at times. So yeah talent or not he's not going anywhere he'll be a Hawk next yr.

Philip could leave it's hard telling. He'd be welcomed back. We'd need a 3 headed monster for that position next yr and he'd get the majority of the mins again if he'd want em. I don't see Josh or Mulvey being ready to take on heavy mins yet. Otherwise we'd have to play small ball

FR stated several times leading up to the season that unless he had NBA interests he'd be playing 2 years at Iowa. Feel free to google that, it's on a number of articles regarding his recruitment to Iowa. Things change but I'm willing to take his word for it until I hear differently from him.
Looks like you’re right. I hadn’t seen it until I googlized it

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...mvp-denver-nuggets-fran-mccaffery/7591897002/

From the article:

“I don’t want to leave things unfinished. My plan is for two years,” Rebraca said. “If I have an exceptional season and I have an opportunity to go play pro or earn a lot of money, I guess, that’s always something you have to take into consideration. But I’m strongly leaning toward staying here two years."

"over the back no calls in the BTT" You want to punish a kid for being 7'4"? There is no such call for being taller and grabbing the rebound from behind. Although he was pushed from behind a couple different times for rebounds. But I saw that no call on both ends.
"Over the back" means the times they're pushed from behind? What do you think over the back means? Do you think it means the times a player jumps over another player for a rebound without even touching them?

Kris - 99.9% staying
Flip - 95% staying
Connor - 50% chance of him taking a Covid year - playing for your dad and with your brother is cool
Key - 25% staying - playing with your brother is cool
Grandpa Jordy - Hope he goes out on a high note

So will you freak out if he test the waters at the end of the season? The 2nd round is all about taking a flyer on someone. The 5% chance you stumble onto Manu Giniboli. Hell, I can make an argument the back half of the 1st round is that way. Kris could easily slip into that 2nd round with good pre-draft workouts that he is basically showing up to with his brother.

On a much smaller scale, think of Steph and Seth Curry. One is a phenomenal talent, the other has to figure it out. Agree to disagree, I think Kris could figure it out.

Bottom line, I think Fran has to convince Kenyon and Kris that it is worth it for him to come back. As a Iowa fan I am rooting for him to come back. I just roll my eyes at people that think it is some obvious, slam dunk case that he comes back.
I absolutely think Kris should go through the predraft process in the same way that JW did. That is a great experience and the kids get evaluated and told what they need to work on. They will tell him what his Dad and Fran and most of us see:

You could get drafted in the 2nd or you may go undrafted. Either scenario means you have to work your way through the G-league. You are in a similar position as your brother last year. You have flashed enough game that you have scouts attentions and you are an NBA prospect. But, you have not shown enough to warrant a guaranteed contract. Your brother went from a possible second round pick to a lottery pick in one season. Follow that same path. Work on your shooting and being stronger with the ball.
Keegan would be foolish to stay, Kris would be foolish to leave. They have a savvy father who has been through this and a coach who sincerely has their best interest at heart. They will both make the correct decision. I am quite certain of that.

I'd be fine if CM stayed to play, and also fine if he came on as a GA. My gut tells me he's going to be a basketball coach for a living and he'd be an asset to this staff.

But I have no idea what's in his head.

I'd be fine if CM stayed to play, and also fine if he came on as a GA. My gut tells me he's going to be a basketball coach for a living and he'd be an asset to this staff.

But I have no idea what's in his head.
From what I have heard or read, if he goes the coach route, he may have to undergo the wrath of Momma Bear. Yikes!

Unless his body is giving out, or he is run his course, he should come back. He appears to be as healthy and happy as he has been in his time at Iowa. Winning does that. Playing with your brother and your Dad is not something he will ever get to do again. He is already pretty much a GA in practice. Why not keep getting into the game for his 15 minutes of work.

Frankly, if we do not get a transfer big, we may need Connor at the 4 next year. While we all hope one of our young bigs takes a leap, I don't think you can count on that.

Believe what you want, that dude ain't leaving. He's started a grand total of one game in his entire college career and averaged 7 pts with a .474 shooting percentage and 1 rebound per game.

On what planet is a player with that stat line even gonna consider Europe, let alone the NBA?

The planet where Patrick Williams (6 foot 8/225 pounds from Florida State 2019-2020) started 0 of 29 games, played 22.5 MPG, scored 9.2 points (46% FG) and 4 rebounds per game his freshman season at FSU. He was the 4th overall pick of the 2020 draft for the Bulls.

The planet where Patrick Williams (6 foot 8/225 pounds from Florida State 2019-2020) started 0 of 29 games, played 22.5 MPG, scored 9.2 points (46% FG) and 4 rebounds per game his freshman season at FSU. He was the 4th overall pick of the 2020 draft for the Bulls.
This is the internet. We don’t deal in facts.

Kris still ain’t leaving.

This is the internet. We don’t deal in facts.

Kris still ain’t leaving.

I think Kris will possibly test the NBA waters, but eventually return to school (unless he tests and ends up in the 1st round projections). Age is a huge factor in the NBA draft and he is 3 years out of high school.

In last year's draft, the first 7 picks were college freshman or players who went straight to the G League (for a year). Then, the 8th pick was Franz Wagner (Michigan sophomore) and the 9th pick was Davion Mitchell (Baylor junior). In total, there were only 5 players that were 3 years out of high school that were drafted in the first round of last year's NBA draft.

Welcome Purdue fan.

I think both Murray brothers will be back.

I actually have a source close to Barta on this one, for the one and only time in my life.