Really need to win next two

Actually Iowa was never assigned a seed in the tournament last year. Seeds were given to the winners of the first round. Yes the Hawks did make the tournament last year but playing in that first round does take some sparkle away. I'm hoping Iowa is one of the 60 teams that gets a first round bye.

Funny, when you look at ESPN's bracket for the 2014 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, Iowa has the number 11 by it (as does our opponent Tennessee). So they WERE assigned a seed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket

The last 10 games has nothing to do with the selection process. Iowa has always been soldily in the tournament the whole time....They improved their seeding per Jerry Palm from a 10 to an 8 over the last week. Quit babbling about something you know nothing about. The ESPN bubble watch has several teams on the bubble that are pretty much locks to get in...I can't decide if you really are that clueless or just a terrible bottom feeding troll.

I vote for troll.

The First Round is the lowest seeding you can get and still be in the tournament. That is what I was trying to say. If they had won the First Round game, they would have been a number 11 seed in the second round, playing the number 6 seed.

I don't want them in the First Round either, but I'm sure they would take it over not being in the tournament.

Tennessee last year, I believe, made it to the Sweet 16 after beating Iowa in overtime. That could have been Iowa!

There is nothing round with the First Round. 68 teams make the tourney; about 300 teams in Division One do not

Duke trying to sleep walk in their first game helped them out. Made me sick when I saw Duke lost the next day. I thought "Man that should be Iowa" playing whichever lower tier team that was that upset Duke. Give Tennesse credit though, cause they played well to the end.

As far as Iowa goes, I'd rather have them in the First Four than not, but I'd still be disappointed given their schedule down the stretch.

Latest posts