Really need to win next two

The NCAA would disagree with you. I think I'll take their word, instead of the misinformed opinion of an ignorant fan.

It's not like I wouldn't have given them the nod of being in the tournament if they would have beaten Tennessee. If the NCAA says that the Men's tourney will now be called the Women's tourney will you take their word for it that it's the Women's tourney?

It's not like I wouldn't have given them the nod of being in the tournament if they would have beaten Tennessee. If the NCAA says that the Men's tourney will now be called the Women's tourney will you take their word for it that it's the Women's tourney?

Stupid example and you know it. There are no play in games. You are wrong, so just move on.

Come on guys, it's like the NFL everyone knows the Lions didn't actually make the playoffs this year since they lost in the play in game round.

Come on guys, it's like the NFL everyone knows the Lions didn't actually make the playoffs this year since they lost in the play in game round.

No. It would be like the NFL adding one pigtail game to the playoffs between the 6th and 7th place teams. That's a play in game.

Doesn't the MLB do that now? I think they call it a play in game, right?

How is that a stupid example? Just call a spade a spade because that is what it is. Don't be a Technicality Thomas, no one likes a Technicality Thomas.

How is it a stupid example? Do you really need that explained to you?

If sticking to the facts make me a Technicality Thomas, then so be it. The ncaa tournament consists of 68 teams. Not 60, with 8 teams playing to get into a 64 team field. 68. Just because YOU call them play in games doesn't make it so. Got a problem with that? Then take it up with the ncaa. Tell them they are "Technicality Thomases".

Another thing....I assume you consider all games leading the Elite Eight are play in games.....right? Because the tournament originally consisted of 8 teams from 1939-1950. So that means all subsequent expansions are just play in games. Just calling a spade a spade! I mean...if the ncaa told you the men are now women, would you believe that? When they went from 8 to 16, those were play in games BY YOUR LOGIC. No different than going from 64 to 68 teams.

Sorry pal...you lose.

No. It would be like the NFL adding one pigtail game to the playoffs between the 6th and 7th place teams. That's a play in game.

Doesn't the MLB do that now? I think they call it a play in game, right?

You mean the MLB wild card game? Similar to the NFL's wild card round. Like I said, I laugh any time I hear any Lions fans claiming they made the playoffs this year. They made the wild card round, not the playoffs.

If sticking to the facts make me a Technicality Thomas, then so be it. The ncaa tournament consists of 68 teams. Not 60, with 8 teams playing to get into a 64 team field. 68. Just because YOU call them play in games doesn't make it so. Got a problem with that? Then take it up with the ncaa. Tell them they are "Technicality Thomases".

Another thing....I assume you consider all games leading the Elite Eight are play in games.....right? Because the tournament originally consisted of 8 teams from 1939-1950. So that means all subsequent expansions are just play in games. Just calling a spade a spade! I mean...if the ncaa told you the men are now women, would you believe that? When they went from 8 to 16, those were play in games BY YOUR LOGIC. No different than going from 64 to 68 teams.

Sorry pal...you lose.

So they didn't shrink the field from 64 to 60?

Sorry pal...you lose.

Lol. Actually this is where you lost.

It's getting extra bubbly now:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

You have to scroll down a ways.

If RPI is still such a huge factor, than Iowa seriously needs to consider ditching those non-conference games against teams that are 300+.

I thought someone posted the other day that if you simply dropped the UMBC & Alcorn State games, and made Iowa 14-10 rather than 16-10, that their RPI would be in the 30's instead. Some 20-25 spots higher. That's insane! Not that I agree with it, but if that's the way things work, then you have to play the game.

Hampton & Longwood also are 300+ as of this morning.

Seriously Fran - you don't have to play murderers row, but getting fat on these cupcakes is killing our RPI.

If RPI is still such a huge factor, than Iowa seriously needs to consider ditching those non-conference games against teams that are 300+.

I thought someone posted the other day that if you simply dropped the UMBC & Alcorn State games, and made Iowa 14-10 rather than 16-10, that their RPI would be in the 30's instead. Some 20-25 spots higher. That's insane! Not that I agree with it, but if that's the way things work, then you have to play the game.

Hampton & Longwood also are 300+ as of this morning.

Seriously Fran - you don't have to play murderers row, but getting fat on these cupcakes is killing our RPI.

It's easy to say this, but a couple things:

1) you have to play somebody, you aren't going to get the top 2 teams from every major conference to come to CHA to fill the non-con
2) it's a crapshoot. No one can know how these kinds of teams are going to end up, they could just as easily be #210 as #310

Nonsense.

Facts beat opinions every time. Game, set, match. Better luck next time.

Lol, states fact beats an opinion, immediately posts an opinion in the next sentence. Not only that but it's a tennis reference, how appropriate coming from someone that obviously doesn't know anything about basketball.

Lol, states fact beats an opinion, immediately posts an opinion in the next sentence. Not only that but it's a tennis reference, how appropriate coming from someone that obviously doesn't know anything about basketball.

You lost...get over it.

Funny how you think I don't know anything about basketball, yet you don't even know how the NCAA tournament is set up. Fail!

You lost...get over it.

Funny how you think I don't know anything about basketball, yet you don't even know how the NCAA tournament is set up. Fail!

There's not much C.UNT knows, he used to try to actually talk basketball but sucked pretty bad at doing that and switched to trying to becoming an unsuccessful troll.

Latest posts