Really need to win next two

Mostly it was ignoring the RPI as a major selection factor, denying that last 10 could be used against Iowa in selection. Claiming that the team was firmly in as they continued to bomb down the stretch (just like this year) and then barely scraping through to the PLAY-IN GAME, which is not making the tournament. Then from there it was mostly talk about VCU and other teams that have gone on from the play in game to actually make the tournament and actually make runs and how Iowa would imitate that. Then they lost again; didn't get to play in the actual tournament; and generally failed in hilarious fashion after being in the Top 10 at one point. The similarities to what Windsor is trying to convince people of right now is really similar to last year. He thinks Iowa is solidly in, everything is pointing to that not being the case at all. Check out today's ESPN Bubble Watch if you need a reality check.

Today's ESPN bubble watch has 6 B1G teams on it and 2 locks - obviously more than 2 teams are going to make it. I've yet to see any bracket of any sort have them out. If you can find me one, go ahead and post it. Considered myself checked but as of today, this team is dancing. A lot of things can change that, but 3-2 with their SOS, RPI and wins over TOSU, UNC and MD should put them in.

Today's ESPN bubble watch has 6 B1G teams on it and 2 locks - obviously more than 2 teams are going to make it. I've yet to see any bracket of any sort have them out. If you can find me one, go ahead and post it. Considered myself checked but as of today, this team is dancing. A lot of things can change that, but 3-2 with their SOS, RPI and wins over TOSU, UNC and MD should put them in.

And Iowa is at the bottom of that 6 with Purdue because the RPI is so low. Personally I think it's a two horse race between Iowa and Purdue for the 7th spot from the BoneG, I don't think 8 is realistic unless the 8th team is in the play-in games. Purdue is rising, and has a head to head win over Iowa, and appears to be able to beat teams with a pulse unlike Iowa. Indiana is the only good win possible in the regular season and the only real RPI bump that they can get. As I've shown an RPI in the upper 50's is just asking for trouble. People can say whatever they want about the RPI but it's real and it's important to those that make the selections. History has shown that living on one good win in the non-con will leave a team disappointed on Selection Sunday.

@ UNC, @ tOSU, Maryland, OSU all better wins than any we had last season. Also have several other solid wins. We don't have any really bad losses. NW is bad but if they manage to win a few more games it won't be a killer by any means. We are comfortably in right now as all projections have us in and a 10 seed at the worst from what I've seen. If we win 4 or 5 more games we will be fine despite what negative nancy ISU fan cliche wants to think.

IMHO, we have to win 4 of these last 5. Losing at Northwestern gives us that "bad loss" that we had avoided. Seriously, we have to go 4 -1. that gives us 11-7 in the B1G.

Otherwise you are forced to go REALLY deep in the BTT.
this.4-1 is in. 3-2 is bubble.

Minnie and NW ....

Mostly it was ignoring the RPI as a major selection factor, denying that last 10 could be used against Iowa in selection. Claiming that the team was firmly in as they continued to bomb down the stretch (just like this year) and then barely scraping through to the PLAY-IN GAME, which is not making the tournament. Then from there it was mostly talk about VCU and other teams that have gone on from the play in game to actually make the tournament and actually make runs and how Iowa would imitate that. Then they lost again; didn't get to play in the actual tournament; and generally failed in hilarious fashion after being in the Top 10 at one point. The similarities to what Windsor is trying to convince people of right now is really similar to last year. He thinks Iowa is solidly in, everything is pointing to that not being the case at all. Check out today's ESPN Bubble Watch if you need a reality check.

Once you mentioned play in game, your post lost all credibility. There are no play in games.

Home to Minnesota is a bad loss as well.

The Home loss to gophers, while slightly unexpected, was NOT a bad loss.
Losing to the last place team in the BigTen, anywhere is/was a Bad loss.
Minnesota nearly has same record as Hawkeyes and still could be in
the BigDance.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Home loss to gophers, while slightly unexpected, was NOT a bad loss.
Losing to the last place team in the BigTen, anywhere is/was a Bad loss.
Minnesota nearly has same record as Hawkeyes and still could be in
the BigDance.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MN most certainly will not be in the dance. They still have likely 3 Conf losses left, which would give them 11. That ain't in by a long shot.

Purdue hasn't been mentioned in the tournament until there win at Indiana... Iowa has been projected most of the season. We end the season tied with Purdue, we are in.

We have to win out in conf to get in boys! People know this and are stretching if you think we don't! I hate to say it but I don't see us winning at NE. People will blame Fran but the guys on the team knew what needed to be done and couldn't do it! I hope I'm wrong and eat my words!

We have to win out in conf to get in boys! People know this and are stretching if you think we don't! I hate to say it but I don't see us winning at NE. People will blame Fran but the guys on the team knew what needed to be done and couldn't do it! I hope I'm wrong and eat my words!

If we lose one, then lose the first round of the B1G tourney, we will have the exact same record as last year but we will have a way better resume. The resume bump is probably worth one more loss. So it we lose two more games, we will need to get one in the B1G tourney to not have to sweat it.

Lol. So basically no analyst, columnist, journalist, or sports writer has any credibility then?

If you think all analyst's, columnist's ,etc. call them play in games, you are sadly mistaken. The FEW who do are wrong. There are no play in games anymore. None. Period.

And since you still persist in this fallacy, any post you make that refers to "play in" games has no credibility.

If you think all analyst's, columnist's ,etc. call them play in games, you are sadly mistaken. The FEW who do are wrong. There are no play in games anymore. None. Period.

And since you still persist in this fallacy, any post you make that refers to "play in" games has no credibility.

I heard an analyst call it a play in game the other day and he immediately followed up with an apology for using the term. Almost like they were schooled to quit using the term.

I heard an analyst call it a play in game the other day and he immediately followed up with an apology for using the term. Almost like they were schooled to quit using the term.

Exactly. That's because it's a play in game. Just because someone instructs you to call a 83' VW Beetle a Mercedes doesn't make it a Mercedes.

Exactly. That's because it's a play in game. Just because someone instructs you to call a 83' VW Beetle a Mercedes doesn't make it a Mercedes.

The NCAA would disagree with you. I think I'll take their word, instead of the misinformed opinion of an ignorant fan.

Latest posts