Rarely watch ESPN anymore

I don't get it with comcast. But I'm getting DTV on Thursday.

I don't get it with mediacom either but they sometimes show it on MC 22.

By the way, I don't watch Sportscenter very often either and almost never outside of football season.

About the only non-game I watch on ESPN is PTI. I do visit ESPN.com on a daily basis though.

My buddy and I were talking about this over the weekend.
We used to watch ESPN non-stop in college. Hardly ever watch it anymore.

ESPN is out of touch with the sporting community. ESPN suffers the same problem as Olympic coverage. The Olympic coverage is great if all you like is American basketball, gymnastics.

ESPN's analysis is a joke. It doesn't take very long to realize they don't know a thing about the Big Ten conference that wasn't printed in monthly rag. Its always the same story lines, same east coast bias.

If it dont concern Tim Tebow, Miami Heat or the SEC then ESPN dont care. If Im lookn for my teams or anything NHL, Big Ten related I have to go to Nhl Network, BTN or their website specifically. Im so sick of listening to Skip Bayless talk about and defend a 3rd string qb in Tim Tebow I could puke.

If it dont concern Tim Tebow, Miami Heat or the SEC then ESPN dont care. If Im lookn for my teams or anything NHL, Big Ten related I have to go to Nhl Network, BTN or their website specifically. Im so sick of listening to Skip Bayless talk about and defend a 3rd string qb in Tim Tebow I could puke.

olddude, is that you? :D

I hate ESPN. They are such homers and act like they break every story when really they only "confirm" every story. If they don't have a contract with a league or have something broadcast on one of their networks, they don't care about it (with the exception of NFL).

ESPN is unwatchable save the actual games. And even then, they have horrible sportscasters much of the time. I'm waiting for the day soon where they become less about the sports and turn into the MTV of the sportsworld.

ESPN is brutal...has been that way for some time now. ESPNNews is quality, though. It's basically what ESPN used to be before they started playing up the "Entertainment" aspect and downplaying the "Sports" end of things!

I used to tune into ESPNNews religiously on Sunday mornings (no blaspheme intended) to get the review of the previous day's CFB action. You could watch a solid hour of ESPNNews and have basically everything you needed to know about what went on with all the Sat games...very nice.

ESPN is unwatchable save the actual games. And even then, they have horrible sportscasters much of the time. I'm waiting for the day soon where they become less about the sports and turn into the MTV of the sportsworld.

Interesting. I've found that their in-game people are very good, with the possible exception of baseball, but baseball is a different animal with many of the best tv people actually working directly for the teams rather than the networks.

And their college football coverage is second to none.

Interesting. I've found that their in-game people are very good, with the possible exception of baseball, but baseball is a different animal with many of the best tv people actually working directly for the teams rather than the networks.

And their college football coverage is second to none.

Agreed. The only commentator that I truly cannot stand is Pam Oliver. That's not because she's a woman. Her voice is just kind of "blah".

ESPN needs to rebrand itself & get back to the basics. Networks like the NFL network, MLB, NHL, Big 10 Network etc. are going to break ESPN & more are to come. They need to go back to where they started & downsize & keep it simple.

They need to show sports & sporting events that aren't typically aired. The odd stuff they used to show like midget car open wheel racing (like when Jeff Gordon started), mud bog racing, boxing, demo derbies, snow skiing events, etc. etc.. Use one channel to show that & the 3 sportcenter shows a day. Then, have another channel for ESPN news.

ESPN needs to rebrand itself & get back to the basics. Networks like the NFL network, MLB, NHL, Big 10 Network etc. are going to break ESPN & more are to come. They need to go back to where they started & downsize & keep it simple.

They need to show sports & sporting events that aren't typically aired. The odd stuff they used to show like midget car open wheel racing (like when Jeff Gordon started), mud bog racing, boxing, demo derbies, snow skiing events, etc. etc.. Use one channel to show that & the 3 sportcenter shows a day. Then, have another channel for ESPN news.

The Ocho!!

Shhh. It's an ESPN bashing session.

I mean seriously

"I swear, if another network would just develop a show where all they do narrate highlights that tell you the story of the game, they'd have an all out hit"

You've never heard of ESPN news?

1. My provider doesn't carry it.

2. Is it still a 30 minute show? If so, that's still not cutting it. Not enough time to do what a highlight show should do. I want highlights that tell you the story of what happened in the game. Not 3 short clips of home runs and then an abbreviated box score. Maybe you never saw Sportscenter back in the day.

ESPN is heading down the same path that MTV followed years ago. They think they must constantly "evolve" to stay hip.
Unfortunately they are forgetting about the "S" and focusing on the "E" in their logo.

I will watch their 30 for 30 series and some of their live sporting events. But that's about it.

I typically find my sporting news from any outlet besides ESPN now and I am only 18, so those wondering if they are getting too old for the popular stuff should not have to worry. ESPN just focuses too much on whats "popular" such as the Dodgers, Yankees, Patriots, Sox, etc. They should stick to what they used to be 7 years ago, when it was every sport, every highlight, all day. Sometimes change is a bad thing, just look at the Call of Duty franchise.

1. My provider doesn't carry it.

2. Is it still a 30 minute show? If so, that's still not cutting it. Not enough time to do what a highlight show should do. I want highlights that tell you the story of what happened in the game. Not 3 short clips of home runs and then an abbreviated box score. Maybe you never saw Sportscenter back in the day.

1) you said someone should create a network that showed only scores and highlights. I merely pointed out that someone had already thought of that, and it just happened to be the company you've been railing against. Just because your provider doesn't carry it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

2) their normal segment is 30 minutes, but especially for college and pro football they have 3-4 hour blocks of nonstop in-game updates and highlights.

Proving again that people love to complain. You are more than entitled to your opinion, and some of it I do not disagree with at all. They definitely put too much emphasis on the Yankees, RedSox, SEC, etc. But they still have plenty of good shows. College football live, SportsNation, NFL Live, College Gameday Scoreboard and Final. The BCS shows they do on Sunday nights after the BCS poll comes out is great to watch (especially when Iowa was in the poll back in 09). ESPNNews still shows highlights almost all day. ESPNU has some decent programming (including Pollack & Palmer that started today and looks pretty good so far). For those of you that have stopped watching ESPN, I'm curious as to what you watch now for your highlights? Maybe you just don't watch anything anymore or try to find it on the Internet. Plus a lot of you are complaining, but what do you want them to do? Just show highlights and no talking, opinion, or debate? That would get pretty boring.

Latest posts