Racism unique to only Iowa within the college ranks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About your wife and cramming. If you were being abusive and not listening what should she go? Leave? Put up with it til you are ready to change? Cram it down your throat...pushing you to change? The program was abusive.
Abusive is a opinion based term is it not?
I don't know how old you are but my mom raised all boys by herself. When she couldn't spank your ass and make it hurt anymore because you were to big and she was so small, you got the metal end of the fly swatter. That will get your attention.
She wasn't abusive. Fact just the opposite she was the kindest most generous and loving person you could ever hope to meet. Hundreds and hundreds showed up for her funeral, so she must have been highly regarded by many.
In today's world, many would call her abusive, just from the first couple sentences I said about her, don't you think?
They told us we couldn't discipline our kids and this is the fallout from it. Everything going on.
Spare the rod spoil the child.
Which the one I have actually says
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Last edited:
Jeez Fry, seems like you're really trying to repent on those comments Good called you out on. Good for you man!

About your wife and cramming. If you were being abusive and not listening what should she go? Leave? Put up with it til you are ready to change? Cram it down your throat...pushing you to change? The program was abusive.

Besides that my wife has more competitive spirit and spunk then most "men" these days.

Here is an interesting concept in a me me me world.

Last edited:
But of course you can't be done with the constant barrage of bullshit you've been spouting the past few days. How are you not exhausted? Its giving me a headache.

Right because while you were smoking pot and singing kumbaya in college, people were fighting and dieing to protect you.
If you call that bullshit, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. Because you have no respect for another. You can't relate to another.
Sit around here and bitch about Brian living in student housing, that's probably more up your alley huh?
Maybe you needed a little more of the metal end of the fly swatter huh?

Last edited:
Besides that my wife has more competitive spirit and spunk then most "men" these days.

Here is an interesting concept in a me me me world.

Um, is that a Chinese or North Korean propaganda video or is that what the Corps is drawing these days? Any man on here who is under 50, please stay in shape. Run, lift, eat healthy.

I don't know how old you are but my mom raised all boys by herself. When she couldn't spank your ass and make it hurt anymore because you were to big and she was so small, you got the metal end of the fly swatter. That will get your attention.
She wasn't abusive. Fact just the opposite she was the kindest most generous and loving person you could ever hope to meet. Hundreds and hundreds showed up for her funeral, so she must have been highly regarded by many.
In today's world, many would call her abusive, just from the first couple sentences I said about her, don't you think?
They told us we couldn't discipline our kids and this is the fallout from it. Everything going on.
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

You just sidestepped the question.

I've raised 6 kids 2 still at home. You take that verse out of context. It was a shepherd illustration. Shepherds didn't be w the rod. The guided. Yes we spanked some. But it is out of context.

I've raised 6 kids 2 still at home. You take that verse out of context. It was a shepherd illustration. Shepherds didn't be w the rod. The guided. Yes we spanked some. But it is out of context.

How am I taking this out of context? It is not talking about sheep and a Shepard. That's in a different section.

How am I taking this out of context? It is not talking about sheep and a Shepard. That's in a different section.

It's about sheep. Sheep weren't hit.

Oh and I don't give a shit what an NFL player making millions has to say or how he feels because someone said mean words to him. It doesn't matter if he is black, white, purple or orange.
Bitch please, you pay me millions and you can call me cracker all day long every day for 4 years. Be no different than any white boy living in a black community. I can get that right in any city in this country. Obviously nobody has ever talked to anyone who has been in boot camp. They talk to you mean too. Boo hoo. Except you get paid shit and have people trying to shoot you and blow you up. Then you get to watch the NFL player take a knee for the flag and anthem. Because he is exercising his rights while making millions for playing a game and those rights were granted to him by a guy who also got mean words said to him, and was in a place where an entire country wanted him dead, while making 20-50 thousand a year.
Jesus. This country is in the shitter with this new generation.
There now everyone go back to your safe space. The mean guy is done talking now.

So if you are "done talking now," does that mean you are going to quit posting, like I thought you mentioned in the other post?

Right because while you were smoking pot and singing kumbaya in college, people were fighting and dieing to protect you.
If you call that bullshit, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. Because you have no respect for another. You can't relate to another.
Sit around here and bitch about Brian living in student housing, that's probably more up your alley huh?

Lol and the spouting off continues. Based on half your posts I can't help but wonder if your smoking that pot now. Your rhetoric of comparing college sports to the military is beyond ridiculous. I relate to everyone on here. What I don't get is these rants your going on. Both my parents were military so spare me the high and might praise about not being able to relate to the military. It amazes me that your so quick to even bring up respect yet have no desire to hear or listen to anyone with a differing point of view.

All I know is yesterday it was "they're taking a knee...I'm done with this team" and nonstop drivel since. I respect your opinion...I really do, but it's nothing more than an opinion, as is mine as is anyone else's on this board. They're all equal, but they're nothing more than opinions so we can all stop playing it off like its factual. But your take on the pussification of America and these rants are exhausting.

Go back to your pedestal and carry on. I'll continue to listen.

Dude, the black issues aren't me me me. You however seem me me me.
Black issues.
At least now we can say there might be some issues and not call it systematic racism and white privilege. Because that rhetoric was getting really old.
I agree with KF and Barta, I feel bad that anyone didn't enjoy their time at Iowa. I mean when you are trying to go from a 2-3 star athlete and get paid like a 5 star after a few years, idk how much enjoying your going to do and still accomplish that goal, but definitely if there was name calling that isn't acceptable. But if you don't think a drill sergeant is going to tell people to get their fat ass moving no matter what color they are, you would be mistaken. I'm not saying these kids are in the military, I am saying if you want to get paid like a 5 star athlete, you are going to have to have some serious self discipline. If you are asking a coach to help you get paid like a 5 star athlete he is going to have to push you hard.
That's a fine line. But no race shouldn't have anything to do with that. I know a guy who dropped out of the program and he is white. I know a baseball player who dropped out of another program and he is white. I know a a couple guys who should have played college ball but didn't have the discipline and they are white. Race has nothing to do with it and it shouldn't, I agree.

Lol and the spouting off continues. Based on half your posts I can't help but wonder if your smoking that pot now. Your rhetoric of comparing college sports to the military is beyond ridiculous. I relate to everyone on here. What I don't get is these rants your going on. Both my parents were military so spare me the high and might praise about not being able to relate to the military. It amazes me that your so quick to even bring up respect yet have no desire to hear or listen to anyone with a differing point of view.

All I know is yesterday it was "they're taking a knee...I'm done with this team" and nonstop drivel since. I respect your opinion...I really do, but it's nothing more than an opinion, as is mine as is anyone else's on this board. They're all equal, but they're nothing more than opinions so we can all stop playing it off like its factual. But your take on the pussification of America and these rants are exhausting.

Go back to your pedestal and carry on. I'll continue to listen.
I respect your opinion also.
Did you read the comment about that video being propaganda?
I hate to tell you but the pussifacation of America is real.

Oppression of black athletes in college football programs is not unique to one school. White privilege, unconscious bias and systemic racism is ingrained in all walks of life.

I see how some fans don't understand or care to understand why BLM is relevant and say all lives matter. They push back on kneeling for the anthem, refusing to understand why athletes are doing it, what that flag represents to them. If you don't love it, leave it. I see white people complain about how white people are treated and want to talk about black-on-black crime.

It's all disheartening and disgusting but in no way surprising. It's why we are at this point in this country when these atrocities should have been addressed years ago. It's why former players felt like they had to conform to a white culture in the Iowa Football building.

I truly believe change is coming. The people holding strong to a belief that there's no white privilege, unconscious bias and systemic racism will be left behind and become the minorities. It's going to take a lot of work, but I have faith in my kids and the next generations to come.

Haha yeah 'Nam was all about "protecting" America. I was in college during the 2nd war in Iraq - you honestly believe that was about protecting us?

I truly believe change is coming. The people holding strong to a belief that there's no white privilege, unconscious bias and systemic racism will be left behind and become the minorities. It's going to take a lot of work, but I have faith in my kids and the next generations to come.

Yeah, huge change is coming. It is that the population of Asians and Latinos is growing very rapidly both in terms of absolute population percentage and economic power. At some point the target will have be turned to them. It already is to some extent. It's going to make the "white privilege" argument much more difficult to make.

Black issues.
At least now we can say there might be some issues and not call it systematic racism and white privilege. Because that rhetoric was getting really old.
I agree with KF and Barta, I feel bad that anyone didn't enjoy their time at Iowa. I mean when you are trying to go from a 2-3 star athlete and get paid like a 5 star after a few years, idk how much enjoying your going to do and still accomplish that goal, but definitely if there was name calling that isn't acceptable. But if you don't think a drill sergeant is going to tell people to get their fat ass moving no matter what color they are, you would be mistaken. I'm not saying these kids are in the military, I am saying if you want to get paid like a 5 star athlete, you are going to have to have some serious self discipline. If you are asking a coach to help you get paid like a 5 star athlete he is going to have to push you hard.
That's a fine line. But no race shouldn't have anything to do with that. I know a guy who dropped out of the program and he is white. I know a baseball player who dropped out of another program and he is white. I know a a couple guys who should have played college ball but didn't have the discipline and they are white. Race has nothing to do with it and it shouldn't, I agree.

You completely whiffed.

Haha yeah 'Nam was all about "protecting" America. I was in college during the 2nd war in Iraq - you honestly believe that was about protecting us?
Yeah it was. Protecting our interest.
Besides when some dictator is slaughtering his own people by the thousands, crapping in gold plated toilets while his people starved, well if you can't get behind getting rid of him, I seriously wonder where your priorities are as a human being.

Oppression of black athletes in college football programs is not unique to one school. White privilege, unconscious bias and systemic racism is ingrained in all walks of life.

I see how some fans don't understand or care to understand why BLM is relevant and say all lives matter. They push back on kneeling for the anthem, refusing to understand why athletes are doing it, what that flag represents to them. If you don't love it, leave it. I see white people complain about how white people are treated and want to talk about black-on-black crime.

It's all disheartening and disgusting but in no way surprising. It's why we are at this point in this country when these atrocities should have been addressed years ago. It's why former players felt like they had to conform to a white culture in the Iowa Football building.

I agree with everything you said. But why in the hell did you suppress those who were calling this out earlier. I and others called out abuse tactics and wanted to question race issues but even bringing up abuse alone was hard enough.

You can't tell me you didn't see it. If you didn't then maybe Barta and KF didn't which I doubt. You made fun about Rhabdo concerns and allowed several posters especially Dean to harass those with concerns. ARob is a huge case in point. Some of us including TK got eviscerated about Faith. After all he was black (sarcasm). It didn't seem to bother you. The kinder posters more or less implied (look what a good black we have here. He s good with it). That was hell what the police did to him. You didn't seem to care.

Why now?

Now is as good as any but what changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.