Quit criticizing Zach for the body slam

nice job of making a post on his after Jon deleted all of them last night....

did you really thin no one else posted about this?

If Valentine hadn't gotten right over there and pulled Trice out, I think Trice's mouth might have escalated the situation to something like that very quickly.

I think this most is monumental when discussing the differences between the gap between the two programs. Maybe I'm crazy, but I saw a number of leaders on the floor that took control of the team and their players on the MSU sideline. I didn't see guys like Valentine on the Iowa sideline.

Theres a reason why Izzo's has yet to have a senior class graduate without making a final 4. Its a leadership that starts with the coach and is passed on to the players. Not a shot at Iowa, but I don't see the leadership on the floor for the Hawkeyes the way I see it with MSU whether its coming from the coaches or the players themselves.

I think this most is monumental when discussing the differences between the gap between the two programs. Maybe I'm crazy, but I saw a number of leaders on the floor that took control of the team and their players on the MSU sideline. I didn't see guys like Valentine on the Iowa sideline.

Theres a reason why Izzo's has yet to have a senior class graduate without making a final 4. Its a leadership that starts with the coach and is passed on to the players. Not a shot at Iowa, but I don't see the leadership on the floor for the Hawkeyes the way I see it with MSU whether its coming from the coaches or the players themselves.

I agree. That's the biggest reason MSU has had the kind of success they've had over the last 15 years. There are other programs that have brought in similar talent, but very few achieve the level of consistency that MSU has. And leadership is the big key. They've seemingly always got a Cleaves/Green/Appling/Lucas (when he was healthy, anyway).

You know, it's funny, most people on here have been biatching and moaning that we aren't physical or tough enough, and then when someone FINALLY steps up and knocks a punk MSU player around they are appalled. LOL..where has that aggressiveness been all year? I, for one, loved it, and I'm not even a McCabe fan. I just wish they played more physical earlier in the year as we might have a few more wins.

You know, it's funny, most people on here have been biatching and moaning that we aren't physical or tough enough, and then when someone FINALLY steps up and knocks a punk MSU player around they are appalled. LOL..where has that aggressiveness been all year? I, for one, loved it, and I'm not even a McCabe fan. I just wish they played more physical earlier in the year as we might have a few more wins.

Please. McCabe wasn't playing physical. He got frustrated because the game was already decided and pulled a cheap shot that happened to be pretty physical. Waiting until the end to push back is hardly commendable. Push back right away and make it clear you aren't going to just take that ********. Play the same kind of physical defense that MSU was playing; take their game and shove it right back in their faces. But that's not what McCabe did.

So you don't see a fine line between cheap and physical/agressive? Interesting.

Please. McCabe wasn't playing physical. He got frustrated because the game was already decided and pulled a cheap shot that happened to be pretty physical. Waiting until the end to push back is hardly commendable. Push back right away and make it clear you aren't going to just take that ********. Play the same kind of physical defense that MSU was playing; take their game and shove it right back in their faces. But that's not what McCabe did.

That's basketball....**snort**

Umm really for one I haven't seen a ton of complaints about us being physical.. especially since we have been a dominating rebounding team for most of the year.

Also physical play refers to actual play in a basketball game... not sideline dead ball arm and leg wresting.

I played against a few teams in basketball and football growing up that would fight or push ect.

Usually they tended to be actually not physical at all on the actual playing field.

Umm really for one I haven't seen a ton of complaints about us being physical.. especially since we have been a dominating rebounding team for most of the year.

Also physical play refers to actual play in a basketball game... not sideline dead ball arm and leg wresting.

I played against a few teams in basketball and football growing up that would fight or push ect.

Usually they tended to be actually not physical at all on the actual playing field.

Don't need to be physical to dominate in rebounding - length helps, too, as we've seen this year.

There is, but I didn't see it as cheap, that's the difference.

I guess I see cheap differently. In my opinion McCabe's hip toss was cheap, again not saying Trice was totally innocent either. I think IMO it crossed the line when he hip tossed him. I have no problem with him keeping the arm locked while Trice has the arm up in the air trying to draw attention to it.

You don't see a leg sweep as being cheap? Are you slow?

How is a leg sweep cheap? It's not like he did it when Trice's back was turned. Now, if you want to call it DIRTY, then I can go along with that. But a cheap shot, at least as I understand it, is something done when one isn't expecting it. If Trice is going to go in and mess with a 6'7" 220 pound former football player when he's, maybe, a buck twenty soaking wet, then don't ***** when you get planted. But it's not like McCabe jacked him in the face when he wasn't looking.

The play was dirty and clearly outside the bounds of good basketball sportsmanship, but it wasn't cheap.

I still think it was funny and don't give a crap. What isn't funny is this teams chemistry. It's like the good chemistry is a bullseye and some crocked dude is throwing a dart. Where's the chemistry from the NIT? White plays with his tail between his legs most of this year. Strangeness

McCabe plays with a chip on his shoulder, always has. He is certainly not our most talented player but he plays hard with his heart on his sleeve. I am sorry to be such a monster but I was pleased he put the little Trice kid down hard. No one was going to beat MSU the way they played last night. Shake it off and move on to Saturday. Maybe we will get another shot at MSU in the BTT.

How is a leg sweep cheap? It's not like he did it when Trice's back was turned. Now, if you want to call it DIRTY, then I can go along with that. But a cheap shot, at least as I understand it, is something done when one isn't expecting it. If Trice is going to go in and mess with a 6'7" 220 pound former football player when he's, maybe, a buck twenty soaking wet, then don't ***** when you get planted. But it's not like McCabe jacked him in the face when he wasn't looking.

The play was dirty and clearly outside the bounds of good basketball sportsmanship, but it wasn't cheap.

Talk about splitting hairs.

You think he was expecting to be thrown just because they were tied up? People get tied up on literally every other possession in basketball.

Latest posts