Quit criticizing Zach for the body slam

It wasn't even a foul. They just got locked up.

I personally did not see a foul, Zach just shook Trice's arm off him so he could continue to play basketball getting down the court to help out on D. Trice was preventing that.....

I would have thrown Trice out of the game with a suspension for the last game of the season. As it is, he will be banged up. He hit the floor Hard and tried to hide a limp back to the bench. Little ***** got what he was looking for, picked the wrong MAN this time, Zach is made out of Steel.....

:cool:

A 10 point game that Iowa led at halftime is not a blowout game, the refs just got a bit worried at half time and had to overcompensate for a portion of the second half to make sure they got the result that the powers that be wanted them to have from the game. This included allowing continual cheap shots, hooks, cross arms, flat out grabbing and so on. Unless this situation is cleaned up there will be preoccupations.

MSU got a 13-point lead at the U-8 TO, and it never got closer than that until Basabe's meaningless buzzer beater to close it to 10. MSU was leading by 15 at the time of the double foul/technical, which was with less than 5 minutes to play. The game was already over.

And again, since when is any of what you said about the officiating NOT been true in the Big Ten? That's not nearly a good enough excuse to justify what McCabe did.

If you want to push back in a game like that, you play the same kind of game and throw it back in their face from the start. You don't wait until the game's decided and then throw a cheap shot, especially when that's exactly the kind of response Trice was looking for (the guy was practically laughing at McCabe from the moment he hit the floor). That move isn't going to earn Iowa a lick of respect from MSU players, nor should it. They'll still feel that they've got the mental edge on us and that they can push us around. And if McCabe's actions (as well as the inaction of the entire team throughout the second half) is any indication, they'd be right in believing that.

Last edited:
After reading all of this thread, I can only assume that McCabe has done something to personally offend Tork. Refused an interview request? Stole his girlfriend? Inquiring minds want to know!

Damn right. He hip tossed a guy on national television because he couldn't handle a guy getting in his grill at the end of a game where we got pretty well dominated in the second half. That's pretty damn embarrassing.

Damn right. He hip tossed a guy on national television because he couldn't handle a guy getting in his grill at the end of a game where we got pretty well dominated in the second half. That's pretty damn embarrassing.

And that affected you personally, how? You and Trice have some kind of relationship?

Oh, I get it. Your whole sense of self worth is tied to a game played by 18 to 22 year old men.

And that affected you personally, how? You and Trice have some kind of relationship?

Oh, I get it. Your whole sense of self worth is tied to a game played by 18 to 22 year old men.

I'm calling it how I see it. You'd think, by the way some around here have defended his actions and made him out to be some kind of hero, that people have got some kind of relationship that goes beyond just being a fan.

Its not like he flipped the bird to the opposing fans after he fouled out.

Wow...is this a serious post?

Slamming a guy to the ground causing blood.....is not as bad as flipping the bird? to opposing fans? How about telling your OWN fanbase to suck a fat one? where do you rank that one?

Slamming a guy to the ground causing blood.....is not as bad as flipping the bird? to opposing fans? How about telling your OWN fanbase to suck a fat one? where do you rank that one?

I rank all of them as bad decisions.

Considering the way that punk was acting who didn't want to body slam him if they had the chance? I sure would have wanted to have theoretically.

This made me LOL. Where does making someone's wrist bleed rank compared to trying to gouge a player's eyes out? Do all you short guys get worked up so easily?

Im a MaCabe fan. The kid made a couple mistakes. Doesn't out weigh all he has for the Hawks the last four years in my book

Considering the way that punk was acting who didn't want to body slam him if they had the chance? I sure would have wanted to have theoretically.

Anybody would have WANTED to. But the point is that you can't do that, no matter how much you might wish you could.

Anybody would have WANTED to. But the point is that you can't do that, no matter how much you might wish you could.

Why not? McCabe did and didn't cost him anything, just his fifth foul. I would love to see a hard foul on Appling or Harris in the first couple of minutes on Friday, let's set the tone right away.

Frankly, if a few members of the wrestling team had Zach's "go for it" attitude, the Hawk mat guys might have won B1G meet...

Why not? McCabe did and didn't cost him anything, just his fifth foul. I would love to see a hard foul on Appling or Harris in the first couple of minutes on Friday, let's set the tone right away.

Big difference between this and what McCabe did. And for the record, I'd love to see Iowa set the tone right away, too.

Latest posts