Quit criticizing Zach for the body slam

I wouldnt have a problem with Zach's play if he didnt extend his leg behind Trice's legs and then throw him down. He clearly knew what he was doing with that leg and it was a dirty play.

Exactly...the leg really did it for me...cannot defend that. It has no business in college basketball (or the pros for that matter...they would be fined probably).

Sorry OP, but Zach has to be held accountable for his actions. I simply don't understand how you can call out the officials, for failing to do something and Trice for failing to back away, yet give Zach a free pass for equally doing nothing to defuse the situation.

I for one thought the McCabe slam was great. Some people are being little girls about it. Trice was as much to blame plud it was nice seeing someone besides Fran fired up for once.

Under different circumstances I might agree. If this was early in the game to announce that Iowa was there and ready to brawl then I would have been ok with it. But when you are getting your a$$ kicked up and down the court, and then resort to that then it is just pathetic.

The game was already out of hand. What zack did didn't matter. If Trice didn't want to let go then he deserved it. If one of Izzo's players did what Zack did he would condone the player and then praise him In the locker room. We were smoked last night by a better team on senior night. Get over it everyone.

When the McCabe incident happened and the camera was not on it yet but you could hear the crowd react, did anyone else think Fran has gone off the deep end again? That was my first thought when I heard something going down. I was thinking "here we go again"!

The game was already out of hand. What zack did didn't matter. If Trice didn't want to let go then he deserved it. If one of Izzo's players did what Zack did he would condone the player and then praise him In the locker room. We were smoked last night by a better team on senior night. Get over it everyone.

In the vacuum of what decided last night's final outcome, no, what McCabe did had no real impact. But the lack of discipline and composure that he displayed is still a problem. That's supposed to be one of our senior leaders, and lately, he's been too busy telling fans to suck a fat one and slamming opposing players to the floor in frustration to worry much about just playing the game. If you don't think THAT is an issue, I really don't know what to tell you.

That is exactly why it was so pathetic.

When the McCabe incident happened and the camera was not on it yet but you could hear the crowd react, did anyone else think Fran has gone off the deep end again? That was my first thought when I heard something going down. I was thinking "here we go again"!

I thought McCabe punched him, then they showed the replay and it wasn't that bad.

When the announcer said something about McCabe, I fully expected to learn that he'd thrown a punch.

The way MSU started running and the announcers yelled about Mccabe...I was sure he had thrown a punch. When they showed the replay I was actually like "pathetic move and he should be tossed...but not as bad as I expected" I thought we were on our way to Palace at Auburn Hills game 2.0 with a bench clearing brawl.

It was bush league. McCabe has been chippy and taken little cheap shots at opposing players his entire career. He has reminded me a lot of a Brian Cardinal type when he was at Purdue. A guy you love if he is on your team, and love to hate if he is not. But McCabe has been borderline dirty his entire career. After the Lick years, Iowa needed someone like that. But he is a Sr. now, he has just a handful of games left in his career, it is time to start acting like a leader, which is what this teams is missing right now.

The way MSU started running and the announcers yelled about Mccabe...I was sure he had thrown a punch. When they showed the replay I was actually like "pathetic move and he should be tossed...but not as bad as I expected" I thought we were on our way to Palace at Auburn Hills game 2.0 with a bench clearing brawl.

If Valentine hadn't gotten right over there and pulled Trice out, I think Trice's mouth might have escalated the situation to something like that very quickly.

Everyone I've talked to says they'd be happy if McCabe never played another minute for Iowa. I think the team would play better too.

Thanks for your service Zach, but we got it from here. Let's take advantage of the depth and cut some of the fat.

Everyone I've talked to says they'd be happy if McCabe never played another minute for Iowa. I think the team would play better too.

Thanks for your service Zach, but we got it from here. Let's take advantage of the depth and cut some of the fat.

Have to agree.

Cheap shot punk is lucky that is all.....

Trice is the most irritating, nasty smug punk in college ball....

He is. If Gary Harris goes pro this year and Trice has to start next year on what is probably going to be the least talented team of the Izzo-era, he is going to just get buried by his own fanbase and I will enjoy it.

Sometimes, certain guys just have it coming. Trice has had something like that coming to him for quite awhile now. So, frankly, I couldn't give a $hit less that McCabe planted him.

On the flipside, McCabe has had it coming for 4 years now as well. Payne got his last year in the BTT when he took down Zach at halfcourt.

So now we're even.

Game on.

Last edited:

Latest posts