QB Regression

This year, bud. We only need MN to gag against PSU or Wisconsin and then we control our own destiny. If we had Minnesota's schedule, we'd all be singing Nate's praises and planning trips to Indy right now.
I know all about Banks. Fine, leave him off the list.

Who exactly "regressed" at QB as a Sr? Lets take a look:Drew Tate was hurt his Sr. year, so there is no way to say he "regressed" because of coaching.

Ricky Stanzi......Now this is the popular one that some love to reference. Yet the only data those who say he "regressed" is that he was "more of a gunslinger" his Jr. year, that all he did was "check down" his Sr. year. This is simply a fantasy by some. Stanzi was vastly superior in every one of his stats his Sr. year because he was a vastly superior QB his Sr. year. His % completion went up 8% over his Jr. year. He threw for 600 more yards, had 8 more TD's had 7 fewer INT's. I mean it isn't even close. Not only all of that, but his yard per attempt was higher is Sr. year as well. To try to make the claim that Ricky was better his Jr. year is the biggest stretch ever.

So we have determined that Banks (if he were on the list), Tate, and Stanzi none of them "regressed" as Sr. QB's. You can make the cast that JVB did, but I think we know that was more about moving onto Greg Davis' offense, but I'll give that one as a "regression". CJB had nobody to throw to his Sr. year, and he ended up being a 3rd rd draft pick, so the NFL certainly didn't think he "regressed".

So basically over 20 years of KF you have 1 single QB who "regressed" his Sr. year, and much of that can be attributed to moving to an all new passing game under Greg Davis.

How is it sometimes you make sense?

data_leak_people_concerned.png

People are all very concerned about the Iowa offense. It seems that the fans are the only one who have noticed. Its been sub par for years.

Regression!

1) The award only goes to seniors

2) It's a "best character" thing also

So it's definitely not saying he's a top 10 qb.

“The winner of the Golden Arm Award is recognized not only for his athletic accomplishments, but also for his character, citizenship, scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, and athletic abilities,” says John Unitas, Jr.,

1) The award only goes to seniors

2) It's a "best character" thing also

So it's definitely not saying he's a top 10 qb.

“The winner of the Golden Arm Award is recognized not only for his athletic accomplishments, but also for his character, citizenship, scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, and athletic abilities,” says John Unitas, Jr.,

who would want one of those guys on their team?

It’s the weight training, too much powerlifting. Doyle has developed him like a TE or LB, not a QB. Stanley holds records in max bench press and dead lift. Those types of power lifts destroy accuracy, touch and consistency.

It’s the weight training, too much powerlifting. Doyle has developed him like a TE or LB, not a QB. Stanley holds records in max bench press and dead lift. Those types of power lifts destroy accuracy, touch and consistency.

Someone has to be the strongest QB from the last 20 years. I mean the guy came in big, it couldn't have been hard to beat CJ, Ruddock, Stanzi, Tate, JVB, and others in bench and dead lift.

Nate Stanley has all of those things fwiw

I know all about Banks. Fine, leave him off the list.

Who exactly "regressed" at QB as a Sr? Lets take a look:Drew Tate was hurt his Sr. year, so there is no way to say he "regressed" because of coaching.

Ricky Stanzi......Now this is the popular one that some love to reference. Yet the only data those who say he "regressed" is that he was "more of a gunslinger" his Jr. year, that all he did was "check down" his Sr. year. This is simply a fantasy by some. Stanzi was vastly superior in every one of his stats his Sr. year because he was a vastly superior QB his Sr. year. His % completion went up 8% over his Jr. year. He threw for 600 more yards, had 8 more TD's had 7 fewer INT's. I mean it isn't even close. Not only all of that, but his yard per attempt was higher is Sr. year as well. To try to make the claim that Ricky was better his Jr. year is the biggest stretch ever.

So we have determined that Banks (if he were on the list), Tate, and Stanzi none of them "regressed" as Sr. QB's. You can make the cast that JVB did, but I think we know that was more about moving onto Greg Davis' offense, but I'll give that one as a "regression". CJB had nobody to throw to his Sr. year, and he ended up being a 3rd rd draft pick, so the NFL certainly didn't think he "regressed".

So basically over 20 years of KF you have 1 single QB who "regressed" his Sr. year, and much of that can be attributed to moving to an all new passing game under Greg Davis.

I'm not the one saying they all regressed. I just pointed out the Banks deal and he came with literally one year to play.

I'm sorry but this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I'm sorry but this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Lol. Yea, Stanley would be soooooo much better if he played without lifting all those weights and had skinnier arms!!

This makes me think back to my HS days. I don't know if others heard the same thing I did during basketball season, but I swear either players or a coach said we shouldn't lift weights during b-ball season because it would screw our shot up. Was this a thing or just me?

This makes me think back to my HS days. I don't know if others heard the same thing I did during basketball season, but I swear either players or a coach said we shouldn't lift weights during b-ball season because it would screw our shot up. Was this a thing or just me?
I heard the same thing...don't remember if it came from the coaches or from my teammates.

Who if any of the other guys on that list has regressed this season?

No idea.

How do the other guys enter into it?

I'm not even saying Nate 's regressed, but "he's regressed" is not the same as "he's no good" Say a guy goes from 1st team AA one year to 2nd team all-conference the next. That's still pretty good. But, it could also be called regression.

No idea.

How do the other guys enter into it?

I'm not even saying Nate 's regressed, but "he's regressed" is not the same as "he's no good" Say a guy goes from 1st team AA one year to 2nd team all-conference the next. That's still pretty good. But, it could also be called regression.

Or it could be a bunch of other things as well. Did Desmond King "regress" from 2015 to 2016? I mean in 2015 he is the B1G defensive back of the year, 1st team all American and the Jim Thorpe award winner. In 2016 he is doesn't win the Thorpe award, doesn't win B1G defensive back of the year and is 2nd team All American.

But what Flaherty sees all the time—and what drives him mad—are young quarterbacks training exactly like their linebacker and tight end friends. While your workouts should be similar those of your teammates, certain small (but important) details can make or break your performance. Here are the six things on Flaherty's must-do list for elite QBs.

"As a rotational, overhead athlete, you have to take care of your body in some unique ways," says Ryan Flaherty, senior director of performance at Nike and off-season strength coach to Russell Wilson, Carson Palmer, Marcus Mariota and other top NFL QBs. "You can't train like everybody else."

1. Do Extra Shoulder Work
2. Avoid the Bench Press
3. Avoid Olympic Lifts
4. Build Complete Hip Strength
5. Make Single-Leg Training a Priority
6. Improve Your First-Step Quickness

https://www.stack.com/a/quarterback-guru-ryan-flahertys-workout-secrets

Latest posts