QB Regression

I know, I know....this has been hashed and re-hashed many times on this board.

I'm 61, been an astute Hawkeye watcher, etc for 5+ decades...i.e. I'm not some wild-eyed kid acting on emotion.

But for the life of me, I don't see how one can argue against the rationalization that the longer an Iowa QB (under the current coaching staff(s)) is in the system, the worse they perform.

I'm not talking about stats, which pile up naturally with more starts. I'm talking about game management, picking up defenses, making smart choices...not repeating errors over and over they made earlier in their career, etc...fill in the blank.

Stanley is the quintessential example of this. He isn't playing any better now than he did three years ago.

My theory is there is a pretty big blanket thrown on the QBs regarding what and what not to do and it ends up being suffocating.

Thoughts?

not enough rationale there to support the claim that he is worse.

I'll add that most of us don't know enough about formations and decisions that Nate makes prior to the snap. We all need to learn the game. I'm just too lazy to do it.

Lol. Yea, Stanley would be soooooo much better if he played without lifting all those weights and had skinnier arms!!

This makes me think back to my HS days. I don't know if others heard the same thing I did during basketball season, but I swear either players or a coach said we shouldn't lift weights during b-ball season because it would screw our shot up. Was this a thing or just me?

In HS, our baseball coaches told us never to lift weights ... it would ruin our throwing motions getting too bulked up. Yeah, they were kind of dumb about that stuff back in the day. :)

In HS, our baseball coaches told us never to lift weights ... it would ruin our throwing motions getting too bulked up. Yeah, they were kind of dumb about that stuff back in the day. :)
I put on 30 lbs the summer after my junior year for football and it completely destroyed my golf swing if it's any consolation

I put on 30 lbs the summer after my junior year for football and it completely destroyed my golf swing if it's any consolation

funny-golf-swing-gif-3.jpg

Latest posts