Proof there is nothing to do in Nebraska

The biggest thing going in fusker land is how great Frost is and how long he's going to stay. The Championships are going to start to roll in. Lol He hasn't even coached one game and he's a God.

The biggest thing going in fusker land is how great Frost is and how long he's going to stay. The Championships are going to start to roll in. Lol He hasn't even coached one game and he's a God.
If by “god” you mean a ginger in a Mike Riley costume.

Big Ten Network did some good analysis on the Nebraska spring game. DeNardo's analysis (and I think he's very good at it) was that Nebraska has a long way to go, especially on defense. I think their new coach Frost will do a good job, but will it be quick enough for the delusional fan base, and will he win enough games?

DeNardo was an average coach, but I really like him on the BTN. Good perspective on the game, respects the coaches and players and has a sense of humor.

Frost will improve them, and I think he'll get a pretty long leash. He's their Golden Boy. If he matches Pelini's record he'll be loved simply because he's "one of them". The Nebraska thing is very much like Minnesota...just being from there gets you a lot of free points. As delusional as Nebby fans can be, I think they'll realize if they throw out a favorite son who goes 8-4 or 9-3...nobody's gonna wanna coach there.

DeNardo was an average coach, but I really like him on the BTN. Good perspective on the game, respects the coaches and players and has a sense of humor.

Frost will improve them, and I think he'll get a pretty long leash. He's their Golden Boy. If he matches Pelini's record he'll be loved simply because he's "one of them". The Nebraska thing is very much like Minnesota...just being from there gets you a lot of free points. As delusional as Nebby fans can be, I think they'll realize if they throw out a favorite son who goes 8-4 or 9-3...nobody's gonna wanna coach there.
To add to your point, Frost is kind of like Harbaugh at Michigan (or I suppose Bob Stoops if he would have coached at Iowa). Its kind of an all or nothing deal. If he fails, who are they going to hire they the fans will suppport?

To add to your point, Frost is kind of like Harbaugh at Michigan (or I suppose Bob Stoops if he would have coached at Iowa). Its kind of an all or nothing deal. If he fails, who are they going to hire they the fans will suppport?
Here's how I see it going down...

If Frost flops, Nebraska fans will give him four years. He's got a big grace period because he's the second coming of christ to those rubes. The first few years the excuse will be that he's using Riley's recruits which isn't even true, but remember we're dealing with 2 million genetic defectives here.

If after 4 years he hasn't turned things around, I actually do see those burnt turds giving in and accepting the suck. They have to. At that point it would be a full 20 years since they finished ranked in the top 10 (Hawks have finished in the top 10 5 f'n times since Nebraska last did it, btw), and 22 years since their last conference title (Iowa has won it twice in that time period). The people growing up when Nebraska was successful will be grandparents by then, and most young fans won't have lived during the Jesus Osborne years. Hopefully we'll get lucky and that program will just fade away into obscurity. My fingers and toes are crossed.

Here's how I see it going down...

If Frost flops, Nebraska fans will give him four years. He's got a big grace period because he's the second coming of christ to those rubes. The first few years the excuse will be that he's using Riley's recruits which isn't even true, but remember we're dealing with 2 million genetic defectives here.

If after 4 years he hasn't turned things around, I actually do see those burnt turds giving in and accepting the suck. They have to. At that point it would be a full 20 years since they finished ranked in the top 10 (Hawks have finished in the top 10 5 f'n times since Nebraska last did it, btw), and 22 years since their last conference title (Iowa has won it twice in that time period). The people growing up when Nebraska was successful will be grandparents by then, and most young fans won't have lived during the Jesus Osborne years. Hopefully we'll get lucky and that program will just fade away into obscurity. My fingers and toes are crossed.
7 year contract. I am thinking if they haven't won a conference championship in 5, they start taking buy out. If they actually do a buy out, idk, but that's what will get thrown around.

Last edited:
I really don't hate Nebby...I'm just tired of their fans acting like it's still 1995...which it ain't.

The comparison to IOWA of the 70s misses the mark a bit. As another poster pointed out...IOWA fans supported their team faithfully..but there was also a certain humility that came with weak teams. Many Husker fans (especially the tools that show up here) are still parading their National Champ T-shirts from 20+ years ago. Kudos for showing up, but gimme a break for acting like it's still the glory days.

I went to a couple games at Kinnick as a kid in the 70's. The fans cheered when Iowa made a first down. It was an act of humility, loyalty but looking back, it certainly was pathetic. Probably on the same level as Nebraska selling out their stadium for a spring game, in a way.

Not unlike Mr. Khaki Pants at that school up north.

I went to a couple games at Kinnick as a kid in the 70's. The fans cheered when Iowa made a first down. It was an act of humility, loyalty but looking back, it certainly was pathetic. Probably on the same level as Nebraska selling out their stadium for a spring game, in a way.
I'd say the Nebby fanbase is a bit hungry these days.

290154.jpg

Nebraska road games this year:

@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@Northwestern
@Ohio State
@iowa

Tough 1st year road slate for a new coach. It it a little easier in year 2. :)

@Colorado
@Illinois
@Minnesota
@Purdue
@Maryland

@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@Northwestern
@Ohio State
@iowa

@Colorado
@Illinois
@Minnesota
@Purdue
@Maryland
They also catch MSU in there, at home but still.
Well they think they can hang with OSU? They have a few years to prove it.

Nebraska simply doesn't have the talent right now to hang with Wisconsin, Ohio State and Penn State. They have struggled mightily against Northwestern and Iowa. I don't think they compare to Michigan or Michigan State, either. To me, they are also falling behind Purdue and Minnesota.

It is going to take a while to bring that program back, and I still doubt whether they can really compete with the Big Ten's elite. The Nebraska fan base wants instant results. I'll be surprised if they get it. There simply isn't enough athleticism on the field right now.

@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@Northwestern
@Ohio State
@iowa

@Colorado
@Illinois
@Minnesota
@Purdue
@Maryland
Ouch... where's that rank as far as difficulty goes? That is a pretty rough road stretch if I've ever seen one. They could easily not win any of those this year

My prediction: Frost will strike oil once by year 6...with 10 wins. They'll sweep a weak non-con, draw a favorable Big Ten schedule and pull an upset. That'll be his peak, but enough to get him a Barta-like extension. They'll jump NWestern in the BTW pecking order and fight with IOWA for good/great season status. (IOWA will have 2 10-win seasons in the same time frame). Wisconsin will remain the #1 seed. PJ's boat party will yield enough 7-5 seasons and a bowl win to keep him there through his current deal. Purdue's flash will fade and Illinois will say goodbye to Lovie by 2021

Last edited:
7 year contract.
Frank Solich - Fired before his contract was up
Bill Callahan - Fired before his contract was up
Bo Pelini - Fired before his contract was up
Mike Riley - Fired before his contract was up

At the University Of Buyout, "contract" means how much do I get when I get fired.

The Huskers have three head football coaches getting monthly paychecks right now.

Frank Solich - Fired before his contract was up
Bill Callahan - Fired before his contract was up
Bo Pelini - Fired before his contract was up
Mike Riley - Fired before his contract was up

At the University Of Buyout, "contract" means how much do I get when I get fired.

The Huskers have three head football coaches getting monthly paychecks right now.

which is part of why Frost will have a long leash

Latest posts