Proof there is nothing to do in Nebraska

I realize all of the "We are Iowa and therefore must hate Nebraska" vibe in this thread, but doesn't the first post make fun of Husker fans for supporting their team even when they aren't doing well? It seems to me that the Iowa fan base was famous for this exact thing until Hayden came along. In fact, it was one of the factors that influenced him to take the Iowa job in the first place - fan loyalty even after twenty years of less than mediocrity.

Of course, we aren't quite as loyal as a whole as we used to be (myself included) due to our success overall since 1978 and our desire for better.

Perhaps the Nebby fan base should actually be admired for supporting their team so consistently at the Spring game, considering how far removed they are from their National Championship runs. Just sayin.
But we knew we sucked.
I am getting a little warmer to them, but only because they gained some humility.
Funny how the hard times make people band together, huh? Yet during the good times, they tend to be total dick weeds.

But we knew we sucked.
I am getting a little warmer to them, but only because they gained some humility.
Funny how the hard times make people band together, huh? Yet during the good times, they tend to be total dick weeds.
They didn’t gain any humility.

They should have, but they didn’t.

I refer to anything west of Ames, and not quite to the Mile High City as Denver East.
Omaha clear to Denver is absolutely brutal.
Omaha to Des Moines, ok. Des Moines to Iowa City cool. Iowa City to to the quads, ok. The quads to Chi town, ok.
I always thought the same thing about OK. It's a short drive to get through yes, but a short drive to get to no where. Except hrs and hrs of nothing, in all directions.
Topeka, Dallas or Albuquerque.

Last edited:
They didn’t gain any humility.

They should have, but they didn’t.

So true. They will likely be better and a tougher opponent than the last few years. But they still don't realize the reality as a whole. That reality is they should be better than they've been the last few years, but 8-9 wins, with an occasional 10+ wins and a shot at the West by mid Nov is the new pinnacle. Frost could get them to that level, and really there's no reason they shouldn't be there, just like Iowa.

The difference is while Iowa fans realize that we need to get on Wisc level...nebby fans think it's their birthright and a given.

They'll be better....but....the 90's, the big 2 and little 6, big12 north cakewalk, unlimited rosters and schollies....and pulling every kid within 4 states to walk on...it isn't coming back.

Shit happens in Nebraska, when it's not football season...................

2e968e17a985109c2e366a15f3d93bb3.jpg

So true. They will likely be better and a tougher opponent than the last few years. But they still don't realize the reality as a whole. That reality is they should be better than they've been the last few years, but 8-9 wins, with an occasional 10+ wins and a shot at the West by mid Nov is the new pinnacle. Frost could get them to that level, and really there's no reason they shouldn't be there, just like Iowa.

The difference is while Iowa fans realize that we need to get on Wisc level...nebby fans think it's their birthright and a given.

They'll be better....but....the 90's, the big 2 and little 6, big12 north cakewalk, unlimited rosters and schollies....and pulling every kid within 4 states to walk on...it isn't coming back.
And partial qualifiers to boot. Even in that landscape, with all those advantages it took the Right Hand of God otherwise known as TO years to get to the promised land. I do think Frost has the opportunity to win in Indy, maybe even before Harbaugh. But year in year out? No way, not even in the West. Even little 'ol Iowa with Mr. Bubblegum play it not to lose head coach isn't going to just roll over and let Nebby walk all over them.

Last edited:
Omaha clear to Denver is absolutely brutal.
Omaha to Des Moines, ok. Des Moines to Iowa City cool. Iowa City to to the quads, ok. The quads to Chi town, ok.
I always thought the same thing about OK. It's a short drive to get through yes, but a short drive to get to no where. Except hrs and hrs of nothing, in all directions.
Topeka, Dallas or Albuquerque.

Not Bob Seger's favorite stretch of road, but I always thought he meant West.

I realize all of the "We are Iowa and therefore must hate Nebraska" vibe in this thread, but doesn't the first post make fun of Husker fans for supporting their team even when they aren't doing well? It seems to me that the Iowa fan base was famous for this exact thing until Hayden came along. In fact, it was one of the factors that influenced him to take the Iowa job in the first place - fan loyalty even after twenty years of less than mediocrity.

Of course, we aren't quite as loyal as a whole as we used to be (myself included) due to our success overall since 1978 and our desire for better.

Perhaps the Nebby fan base should actually be admired for supporting their team so consistently at the Spring game, considering how far removed they are from their National Championship runs. Just sayin.
What a buzz kill.

I really don't hate Nebby...I'm just tired of their fans acting like it's still 1995...which it ain't.

The comparison to IOWA of the 70s misses the mark a bit. As another poster pointed out...IOWA fans supported their team faithfully..but there was also a certain humility that came with weak teams. Many Husker fans (especially the tools that show up here) are still parading their National Champ T-shirts from 20+ years ago. Kudos for showing up, but gimme a break for acting like it's still the glory days.

Big Ten Network did some good analysis on the Nebraska spring game. DeNardo's analysis (and I think he's very good at it) was that Nebraska has a long way to go, especially on defense. I think their new coach Frost will do a good job, but will it be quick enough for the delusional fan base, and will he win enough games?

I really don't hate Nebby...I'm just tired of their fans acting like it's still 1995...which it ain't.
The fans get so much hate because they genuinely don't see the reality of anything that's happened in the past 15 years. They honestly think they still have the best team in college football and explain away every beatdown and middle-finish as a one-off fluke, despite the length of time since they were anything close to relevant.

The hate is so brutal because it's so frustrating to talk to a brick wall, especially a couple million of them.

Nebraska fans are the Flat-Earthers of the sports world.

They have electricity now?

Wow. There hasn’t been such a monumental development since Dr. Baby Jesus Osborne said, “And in the year of our lord 1993 I now beseech thee mulleted cousin-lovers with the blessed miracle of indoor toilets. Let it be so. I say unto thee, go forth now verily my Osborniaks and multiply with thine brother and sister, and spread the word among your inbred clans, the Mr. Davis gift of pooping in the house.”

I hope they have a recording of that speech, so they can play it before every game like we do with our Nile Kinnick Heisman acceptance speech!

Big Ten Network did some good analysis on the Nebraska spring game. DeNardo's analysis (and I think he's very good at it) was that Nebraska has a long way to go, especially on defense. I think their new coach Frost will do a good job, but will it be quick enough for the delusional fan base, and will he win enough games?

Which calls to mind something Jon and Deace said on their recent podcast: BTN preferential treatment.

Iowa Spring Game? BTN2Go, "local" production, ZERO input from BTN and crew.

Nebraska Spring Game? PSU Spring game? Two-hour infomercials, with half the BTN studio crew giving out Franklin's and/or Frost's personal cell numbers and email addresses.

Iowa, along with a few others, need to start making some calls to BTN and the B1G offices.

Latest posts