Proctor

But Oregon can pay him now with that Nike money. The NFL isn’t a sure thing even for him.

I remember a few years ago Iowa had a couple 5 star lineman and IIRC neither of them made it to the NFL. I can’t think of their names off the top of my head and I’m too lazy to dig for them.
That's true. It's hard to tell what is their motivation for choosing a school.

Blake Larson is one of the 5 stars. Not sure on the other one.

Weren’t you the one who called total bullshit when I said he was gonna leave because you knew him and his family and he was committed and I was full of shit?
I can’t recall the post where i said i knew him and his family. Or where i said you were full of shit. So if you can show me that post that would be great.

The kid might also just be traveling the nation with visits to cool places he never intends to play at, I would if I could. Free trips, swag, fun.

The Kyler Kaspar situation is relevant here. He had a top list of offers but hadn't committed anywhere. He then visited Oregon, came home, committed then actually reclassified and graduated from his Gilbert, AZ high school a year early. He's a freshman at Oregon this year but should be in his senior year of HS> Rumor was that Oregon offered him a cool $1M to go there. If KP were offered that amount, if you were him, wouldn't you go? I would.

The Hawks will be OK either way.

And, someday, Iowa needs to come up with a solid NIL strategy......

Through the eyes of a father that has eat, slept, and dreamed of being a Hawkeye my entire life if Kaydn was my son I might be pushing him towards the Oregon (Nike) money. I'm speculating here but let's say it's a million dollars they are offering, that's still life changing money and if he's as good as everyone says he is he will be in the NFL whether he comes to Iowa or he goes to Oregon. But here's the thing, the NFL is not a guarantee, his knees could be shot (like Dace Richardson) by the time he's 21 or perhaps he nevers plays up to his potential (like Dan Doerring) some recruiting service putting a 5 star tag on you is no guarantee you will be a NFL player.

I can't speculate what's important to Kaydn, it seemed like he was following his heart when he committed to Iowa, but sometimes there are other things involved that take a higher priority. I'm sure all the negative publicity surrounding the offensive coordinator he potentially could be playing for helps. I can only imagine the immense pressure he's under and this Hawkeye fan hopes Kaydn does the right thing for Kaydn.

Latest posts