Postgame Comments

Fran gonna get suspended for Iowa's final home game and senior night. Lul.

I gotta imagine xavier foster is looking at iowa this last week and saying "uh, nope"

Well, if he was still looking at us that late in the game, that's on him, not Iowa. The kid can go anywhere he wants, pretty much. He'd be crazy to stay in Iowa unless he has always wanted to do that.

With his mom.

giphy.gif

Man, I miss all the emoticons you used to be able to give a post. Cuz this one is top-notch!

The story was on SportsCenter last night. It’s in front page of ESPN, USA Today Sports and Yahoo Sports sites.

The story was on SportsCenter last night. It’s in front page of ESPN, USA Today Sports and Yahoo Sports sites.
IMHO Fran doesn’t survive this. Maybe not immediately but down the not-too-distant road. That’s not the kind of attention you want for your program.

IMHO Fran doesn’t survive this. Maybe not immediately but down the not-too-distant road. That’s not the kind of attention you want for your program.

Fran’s temper will be a part of his legacy whenever his time here is done. I don’t think this incident will be his undoing, however.

My thinking is that Jordan Bohannon's two heroic games and Wieskamp's geometrically-challenged game winning 3 probably will save Fran. We lose those and we'd be heading to the NIT. Only making the NIT and not the Big Dance, coupled with this would have hastened Fran's exit. All within the context of the ridiculous buy out Barta gave him of course.

My thinking is that Jordan Bohannon's two heroic games and Wieskamp's geometrically-challenged game winning 3 probably will save Fran. We lose those and we'd be heading to the NIT. Only making the NIT and not the Big Dance, coupled with this would have hastened Fran's exit. All within the context of the ridiculous buy out Barta gave him of course.

I know iowa fans dont remember what it's like to win close games, but it is part of the sport for most teams. If every coach had to turn his close wins into losses when evaluating their record, they would all look way worse. And I have a hard time chalking up Rutgers as a loss because Wieskamp made a lucky shot since they had just made a lucky shot right before. That game was a win before all the luck happened.

This thing is way over blown. Coaches have gotten ejected and are back coaching the next game.

Calling a ref a cheater is certainly crossing the line but how would it be much different than a coach who gets ejected?

I’ll be somewhat surprised if Fran misses any time.

I don't have time to read through all the comments today. I have been and continue to be done supporting Fran. I have been, am today, and I'm sure will be in the future more offended and disgraced by these actions far more than an innocent comment made by Dolph. Dolph indirectly apparently offended someone. Fran purposely treats people like trash to their face with vulgarity. If any of us acted like this at work and spoke to people this way we'd have been canned along time ago. I have been embarrassed many times by Fran's antics and it is a shame he represents the U of I and us fans. This latest report just further supports my cause. And I don't want to hear other coaches do it, I don't care, we should have higher standards as Iowans! (Oh, side note, he isn't a very good coach either)

What do the other coaches think of how he acts? The ones that are classy and professional? They have to wonder how this can continue.

I will not be spending money on any more basketball games, I feel very guilty for even attending the one I did this year. Unfortunate for the players.

It is a shame he acts like this, as it takes away from what is really a likeable group of young men wearing the Hawkeye Uniform. They may not all be 1st Team ALL BIG Players, but they are good young men who represent our state well off the court and on.

One thing about Fran...I don’t think he gives a rip what outsiders thinks about him. That’s actually a good trait to have as a coach IMO.

And yet.....references to fictional characters who are strong and destroy things, gets you suspended indefinitely and probably never announcing another basketball game again. Makes sense. Six on one hand, bakers dozen on the other. I'm sure Fran will get a fine, and the University will probably have a nice presser about it.

I mean being called a cheater or disgrace for my performances is quite a bit less offending than being called a monkey because of my color. DON'T GET ME WRONG I disagree with Dolph's suspension, but thinking about what you're comparing one is more offensive than the other in my mind.

Generally speaking...Is it wrong to call someone whatever if it’s accurate? Restraint is always a better choice. But is it technically wrong?

Yeah if I was a recruit, why would I want my coach to have my back and stick up for my well-being? That sounds INSANE to me.

Who did Fran stick up for here and who's back did he have? He called a ref a motherfucker and a cheater in a tunnel? He also refuses to answer any questions regarding Dolphs suspension or his involvement in that suspension. Which player is he defending here? Your comments really confuse the hell out of me?

Generally speaking...Is it wrong to call someone whatever if it’s accurate? Restraint is always a better choice. But is it technically wrong?

To call a referee a cheater implies they were dishonest with their performance. Its to call into question the integrity of the game itself. Think Tim Donaghy

I don't really care about the MF'er comments although its stupid to shout that in a tunnel around the news media

Who did Fran stick up for here and who's back did he have? He called a ref a motherfucker and a cheater in a tunnel? He also refuses to answer any questions regarding Dolphs suspension or his involvement in that suspension. Which player is he defending here? Your comments really confuse the hell out of me?

Why do you think Fran was upset? Because he thought his players were getting shafted by the refs. He didn't call him a cheater or disgrace for nothing? He was obviously mad about something. I don't think Tyler Cook, Peter Jok, etc. would tweet or say things like "That's why we like him as a coach, he sticks up for his players and we know he always has our back no matter what." if he wasn't sticking up for someone.

The Dolph situation can't be talked about by Fran because Barta hasn't said anything about it. Why would Fran talk about something that has nothing to do with him? Anything regarding him being apart of the dolph situation is just speculation at this point. Gary Barta needs to be the first and only person speaking on the Dolph Situation.

Why do you think Fran was upset? Because he thought his players were getting shafted by the refs. He didn't call him a cheater or disgrace for nothing? He was obviously mad about something. I don't think Tyler Cook, Peter Jok, etc. would tweet or say things like "That's why we like him as a coach, he sticks up for his players and we know he always has our back no matter what." if he wasn't sticking up for someone.

The Dolph situation can't be talked about by Fran because Barta hasn't said anything about it. Why would Fran talk about something that has nothing to do with him? Anything regarding him being apart of the dolph situation is just speculation at this point. Gary Barta needs to be the first and only person speaking on the Dolph Situation.

I can only remember Fran receiving 1 technical foul this year...it just so happened to be immediately after his son got a technical foul. Is that Fran standing up for his players or his son?