POS Alabama Player In The Pokey Charged With Murder

Hard to believe, isn't it? I thought anybody living in Iowa would be forced to go to Des Moines for some gawd damn reason in their lives, especially on the north side of 40.

I think he should just make a point to load the fam up for a two day stay in Dez Moinez this summer just to say he did it. Catch an Iowa Cubs game and nice restaurant.

Do it Fry.
I’m too cheap to pay $100 plus for a motel room otherwise I might.

That’s the reason I don’t do vacations. The thought of paying $1,000+ just for somewhere to sleep for a week, on top of vacation-related expense makes me cringe. Some people that’s pocket change but not me.

I guess the difference is I have spent most of my time in the southern half of Iowa and you have spent most of your time in the northern half of Iowa. Cedar Rapids is the northern most place I have spent much time in.
Yeah with Highway 20 now there’s basically another interstate going across Iowa. Makes 80 obsolete for anyone in the northern 2/3rds since it’s a completely wide open shot all the way. From Holstein all the way to Dubuque you don’t even have to slow down.

That’s the reason I don’t do vacations. The thought of paying $1,000+ just for somewhere to sleep for a week, on top of vacation-related expense makes me cringe. Some people that’s pocket change but not me.
My boss just yesterday was booking his next one down to the beach in Bama. He and 2 other sets of families are going to split this place where it's pretty much 400 bucks a day just to have a place to sleep and look out at the water. It'll be his 2 preteen girls 4 adults and 5 other kids all between 2 and 6.... Sounds like a circus not a vacation to me. I'll stay here and hold down the fort.

My boss just yesterday was booking his next one down to the beach in Bama. He and 2 other sets of families are going to split this place where it's pretty much 400 bucks a day just to have a place to sleep and look out at the water. It'll be his 2 preteen girls 4 adults and 5 other kids all between 2 and 6.... Sounds like a circus not a vacation to me. I'll stay here and hold down the fort.
What's hilarious to me are people who pay actual money to go to places like Cancun, Cabo, etc.

Friend of mine and his wife go every year with a group to one of those all-inclusive deals and pay like two grand per person and probably spend another thousand on top of it. And every year they try to get me to go.

I've asked 'em before what all they do, and for 95% of the time they're inside the walls of their resort swimming in a pool when the ocean is like 100 yds away, drinking cocktails, and just sitting around or maybe playing sand volleyball. Once in a while he said they'll do something like parasailing or ziplining but most of the time it's a drunkfest with 1,000 other Americans in a fakey looking Tiki bar. No thanks. If I wanted to party with a bunch of 48 year old yuppies with more money than brains I could find a whole bunch of places close to where I live.

If I were to go on vacation it'd be to get as far away from people as I could, not to hang out with more of them.

I know, I know...how else would I get my picture on the beach with CANCUN 2023 written in the sand, wearing my white canvas shorts, pastel V-neck shirt, and flip flops to post on Facebook???

Damn. Looks like I'm not gonna have that chance. I better book a trip soon... :)

Yea, I hate chucking out $$$$ for vacations for the very same reason. It's equivalent to paying for haircuts. There are just some things I hate paying for.

Now, if I had a vacation that I was actually doing something, like on a fishing trip or something, I can stomach that. But, paying thousands of dollars just to site see, F that.

What's hilarious to me are people who pay actual money to go to places like Cancun, Cabo, etc.

Friend of mine and his wife go every year with a group to one of those all-inclusive deals and pay like two grand per person and probably spend another thousand on top of it. And every year they try to get me to go.

I've asked 'em before what all they do, and for 95% of the time they're inside the walls of their resort swimming in a pool when the ocean is like 100 yds away, drinking cocktails, and just sitting around or maybe playing sand volleyball. Once in a while he said they'll do something like parasailing or ziplining but most of the time it's a drunkfest with 1,000 other Americans in a fakey looking Tiki bar. No thanks. If I wanted to party with a bunch of 48 year old yuppies with more money than brains I could find a whole bunch of places close to where I live.

If I were to go on vacation it'd be to get as far away from people as I could, not to hang out with more of them.

I know, I know...how else would I get my picture on the beach with CANCUN 2023 written in the sand, wearing my white canvas shorts, pastel V-neck shirt, and flip flops to post on Facebook???

Damn. Looks like I'm not gonna have that chance. I better book a trip soon... :)

What, you don't have any interest in swimming in a urine infested pool. There are literally people walking around or floating with drinks in their hands or at the swim up bar. They ain't taking the time to get out and go to the restrooms.

Damn, there goes the enjoyment of my trip to Puerto Vallarta in three weeks.

You pretty much described it to a T and you may as well been creeping on my Facebook page.

DARN IT! Everytime I'm hanging out at the swim up bar you'll be inside my head

:)

On a serious note, I'm in a pretty sweet spot right now. Wealthy enough to afford it and young enough to enjoy it. And while it's just the wifey and me this time celebrating our 25th, we have gone with the (slightly older than) 48 year old yuppies you described on previous excursions. And for one week there is nothing wrong with acting like I have more money than brains.

Finding a group of five or six other couples that you can plan numerous trips to the tropics or the cabin up north or for weekend barbecues without any Petty issues is rare indeed. And other people have noticed.

After the social shit show we were forced to go through for the better part f two years I'm holding nothing back now. Many my age aren't as fortunate, or as healthy.

Or as alive.

Damn, there goes the enjoyment of my trip to Puerto Vallarta in three weeks.

You pretty much described it to a T and you may as well been creeping on my Facebook page.

DARN IT! Everytime I'm hanging out at the swim up bar you'll be inside my head

:)

On a serious note, I'm in a pretty sweet spot right now. Wealthy enough to afford it and young enough to enjoy it. And while it's just the wifey and me this time celebrating our 25th, we have gone with the (slightly older than) 48 year old yuppies you described on previous excursions..

Finding a group of five or six other couples that you can plan numerous trips to the tropics or the cabin up north or for weekend barbecues without any Petty issues is rare indeed. And other people have noticed.

After the social shit show we were forced to go through for the better part f two years I'm holding nothing back now. Many my age aren't as fortunate, or as healthy.

Or as alive.

Just don't accidentally swallow any pool water.