POS Alabama Player In The Pokey Charged With Murder

This is just more evidence that Alabama runs a clean athletic department. Had this happened in some town like Lincoln, Columbus, Iowa City or Athens the guy probably would have been issued a warning and asked to promise he wouldn't do it again and then would be back with the team by today.

Unreal... I mean even if you are carrying (I doubt he was doing it legally) what possesses someone to get to the point where you do that?.. It just blows my mind and I know there's no figuring it out in most cases. You're either lucky enough to not run into those folks in advantageous situations for them to do that or you aren't. That's the world we live in. Ugh..

Unreal... I mean even if you are carrying (I doubt he was doing it legally) what possesses someone to get to the point where you do that?.. It just blows my mind and I know there's no figuring it out in most cases. You're either lucky enough to not run into those folks in advantageous situations for them to do that or you aren't. That's the world we live in. Ugh..
Packing and drinking is not a good recipe.

According to the victim's mother the victim had "refused to talk" to the gentlemen accused of this crime.

I don't want to sound like an old man here, but I witnessed one dude snap at a bar probably about 7 or 8 years ago and I haven't been in a bar late at night bince then. I think there are a bunch of people on meds for mental health conditions and those people are not supposed to drink. Many of them still do and the results can be downright terrifying. They'll be totally normal and then just absolutely snap instantly.

According to the victim's mother the victim had "refused to talk" to the gentlemen accused of this crime.

I don't want to sound like an old man here, but I witnessed one dude snap at a bar probably about 7 or 8 years ago and I haven't been in a bar late at night bince then. I think there are a bunch of people on meds for mental health conditions and those people are not supposed to drink. Many of them still do and the results can be downright terrifying. They'll be totally normal and then just absolutely snap instantly.

Oh, ya got kicked out and black listed after that incident, huh?

Yeah because a gal 'shooting you down' is a reason to seriously shoot her... Dudes with egos way bigger then their shlongs can't handle it. And yeah mix that with alcohol and there you go. I'm glad I never got into the night life of that sort. Just never even remotely appealed to me.

From what I read I don't think he was carrying. It sounded like he left and came back with his friend, which says to me he got pissed about the rejection and left to go get a gun (there were 2 shooters supposedly, the other one is arrested as well).

That makes it even worse because he had time while he was on the way to get a gun to cool off and realize that if he went through with it, he'd be locked in a concrete box for the next 50-60 years.

Last edited:
Having a daughter I can’t imagine what her family is going through. My deepest sympathies go out them.

What a senseless act. One life ended and gone and two others lives ruined. What a tragedy.

This is one thing I don’t miss about living in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Every single night it was on the news. I see people moving into Utah by the thousands from California to escape this same crap.

From what I read I don't think he was carrying. It sounded like he left and came back with his friend, which says to me he got pissed about the rejection and left to go get a gun (there were 2 shooters supposedly, the other one is arrested as well).

That makes it even worse because he had time while he was on the way to get a gun to cool off and realize that if he went through with it, he'd be locked in a concrete box for the next 50-60 years.
Sick... Just glad they found the bastard so fast. He didn't deserve to be walking free for one second longer then he did.

I see people moving into Utah by the thousands from California to escape this same crap.
PSA to all city-folk and suburbanites looking to leave drug and crime-infested shitholes for greener pastures...

DO NOT MOVE TO NW IOWA. You would hate it here. It's cold as shit in the winter, hot as hell in the summer, there's no IKEA, no Trader Joe's, and you smell manure at least three times a day. WARNING...do not move here for a better life. Your life will only get worse...DO NOT MOVE HERE.

PSA to all city-folk and suburbanites looking to leave drug and crime-infested shitholes for greener pastures...

DO NOT MOVE TO NW IOWA. You would hate it here. It's cold as shit in the winter, hot as hell in the summer, there's no IKEA, no Trader Joe's, and you smell manure at least three times a day. WARNING...do not move here for a better life. Your life will only get worse...DO NOT MOVE HERE.
I moved away from it ;) There's worse places to be for sure but I can't see myself going back. Land is too high real-estate in general seems high up there. I just feel like there's more bang for my buck to be found out west with less people around. My family is all spread out and my Gpa probably won't be around much longer. Not a lot of ties to the area anymore.

My plans are if things go well for me the next 10 yrs is to buy a summer acreage in either Wyoming or Montana and snowbird myself back down here to TN where I'm about to close on 9 acres of ground I'll need to clear of timber to build my retirement home on. I've always wanted to see that part of the country out west and think it'd be awesome if I can make it all happen. Time will tell

I moved away from it ;) There's worse places to be for sure but I can't see myself going back. Land is too high real-estate in general seems high up there. I just feel like there's more bang for my buck to be found out west with less people around. My family is all spread out and my Gpa probably won't be around much longer. Not a lot of ties to the area anymore.

My plans are if things go well for me the next 10 yrs is to buy a summer acreage in either Wyoming or Montana and snowbird myself back down here to TN where I'm about to close on 9 acres of ground I'll need to clear of timber to build my retirement home on. I've always wanted to see that part of the country out west and think it'd be awesome if I can make it all happen. Time will tell
I'm happy where I'm at. I have a small house on a double lot that's paid off, and my property taxes are only $1,300 a year. There are just enough shitty things for people to not want to move here and change the vibe like the crappy weather, lack of huge metros, and farmers owning every inch of land (no big developments). I'm an hour ish from Sioux Falls and Sioux City if I need to shop or whatever, and I figure I can visit any place that seems cool.

My issue with being out west is that even though there aren't a lot of people in some areas right now, there's definitely going to be soon. People are leaving both coasts in absolute droves, and even if they don't come physically close, they're going to make everything more expensive and drive stuff through the roof eventually. My town has been the same population for about the past 70 years and I'm good with it. I remind myself every time I'm blowing snow that it's the "tax" I pay for other people not wanting to move here :)

LMAO!!!!! I like that approach!

I'm happy where I'm at. I have a small house on a double lot that's paid off, and my property taxes are only $1,300 a year. There are just enough shitty things for people to not want to move here and change the vibe like the crappy weather, lack of huge metros, and farmers owning every inch of land (no big developments). I'm an hour ish from Sioux Falls and Sioux City if I need to shop or whatever, and I figure I can visit any place that seems cool.

My issue with being out west is that even though there aren't a lot of people in some areas right now, there's definitely going to be soon. People are leaving both coasts in absolute droves, and even if they don't come physically close, they're going to make everything more expensive and drive stuff through the roof eventually. My town has been the same population for about the past 70 years and I'm good with it. I remind myself every time I'm blowing snow that it's the "tax" I pay for other people not wanting to move here :)

So true. Utah is one of the fastest growing states in the US. Home prices are outrageous. I remember looking at a model home out here five years ago. It was really nice but I thought they were high if they thought I was going pay $330k for it. Now that home is $900k. No typo $900,000.

We were one of the first ten homes in our subdivision, Now our subdivision is two hundred homes and two more subdivision have built around our subdivision of equal or greater size.

The Californians are driving the prices. They come out here a pay down cash and don’t even dicker with prices. Why would they, it’s bigger than what they had at half the price in California. This small community eight years ago was like y home town in Iowa ( about 2000) of its over 30,000.

The stories out of California of crime and looting are just crazy. Three different people from Californian have told me that people go into grocery stores put groceries in their cats and just walk out without paying for it. They told me that police don’t want to bother with arresting people unless they take enough to where is qualifies as a felony. I think it has to be over like $700. I thought he was bullshitting me until two other families told me the same thing. WTF is going on out there???

I asked them how do the business survive. They say the don’t. They eventually shut down. Brings new meaning to that old Kmart announcement over the store’s PA system “Attention shoppers todays blue light special is………… “

So true. Utah is one of the fastest growing states in the US. Home prices are outrageous. I remember looking at a model home out here five years ago. It was really nice but I thought they were high if they thought I was going pay $330k for it. Now that home is $900k. No typo $900,000.

We were one of the first ten homes in our subdivision, Now our subdivision is two hundred homes and two more subdivision have built around our subdivision of equal or greater size.

The Californians are driving the prices. They come out here a pay down cash and don’t even dicker with prices. Why would they, it’s bigger than what they had at half the price in California. This small community eight years ago was like y home town in Iowa ( about 2000) of its over 30,000.

The stories out of California of crime and looting are just crazy. Three different people from Californian have told me that people go into grocery stores put groceries in their cats and just walk out without paying for it. They told me that police don’t want to bother with arresting people unless they take enough to where is qualifies as a felony. I think it has to be over like $700. I thought he was bullshitting me until two other families told me the same thing. WTF is going on out there???

I asked them how do the business survive. They say the don’t. They eventually shut down. Brings new meaning to that old Kmart announcement over the store’s PA system “Attention shoppers todays blue light special is………… “
The biggest problem that Utah and other Western states have now is ensuring a sustainable water supply for all of the growth. Huge problem, I hope it gets fixed.